On heads randomly calling Emergency Shuttles

firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

On heads randomly calling Emergency Shuttles

Post by firecage » #198132

So, can't we have a policy or something involving heads randomly calling shuttles because they are either bored, or dislike the current map/station, thus purposely trying to ruin everyone elses round. And, what if after calling it, they destroy all communication consoles so it can't be recalled?

For example, in a recent round. This was the captains reasoning both times to call the shuttle(after the second time he shot the consoles).

"THIS IS MAP IS BALLS"

"NANOTRANS FUCKED UP MANNE, THIS NEW STATION MODEL IS TO EDGY. EVERYONE QUITTED"
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: On heads randomly calling Emergency Shuttles

Post by Armhulen » #198153

why not, lets go for it
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #198159

I've manually recalled the shuttle if people call it early for dumb reasons like they don't like the map or if they arrested one cultist and the rest of the cultists are still building
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #198174

> Station is going to hell
> Cultist created a base on lavaland and is flooding the station with expendable ghosts
> Chaplain is nowhere to be seen, probably dead
> Security is not answering my calls on the radio
> Constructs are attacking people in broad daylight
> "RECALL THE SHUTTLE"
> It's Zoey Webb.
> Every fucking time.
Bring back papercult.

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #198195

Then there should be an equally stringent policy on recalling the shuttle when you have no understanding of the situation at hand. That get's godamn ridiculous, I can't remember who it was, but it was that one chief medical officer chick that plays the same name every round who had literately just started the round, made a beeline for the bridge and recalled the shuttle for the fuck of it, and while I was calling her retarded, the singulo ate us in the bridge with the shuttle still recalled.

And here's a funny one with logs, with perfect timing.
Spoiler:
Captain Announces

Declaring it, AI is rogue, HoP I command you give out access like it's fucking candy, do not give access to the bridge though, or we will get a million fucking recalls

[Common] Zheng Ho exclaims, "FUCK THE HOP!!!!"
[Command] George McClemens says, "Why would the AI be rogue"
Priority Announcement

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:

AI is about to get fucking nasty

Call signal traced. Results can be viewed on any communcations console.

[Common] Autumn Sinnow says, "And Captain is insane."
OOC: RumyanyPirozhok: might finally stop being so unrobust
[Common] Malfunctioning AI states, "HERE WE GOOOO"
[Common] Zheng Ho exclaims, "Recall please!"
[Common] Jaggers Edgeworth says, "Hello everybody"
[Command] George McClemens says, "What's the justification for this captain"
[Common] Harry Dresden says, "AI DON'T."
[Common] Jaggers Edgeworth says, "I am mister jaggers im a cool guy"
security newscaster beeps, "Breaking news from Station Announcements!"
Central Command Update

Anomaly Alert

Hostile runtimes detected in all station systems, please deactivate your AI to prevent possible damage to its morality core.

Attention! Delta security level reached!
The station's self-destruct mechanism has been engaged. All crew are instructed to obey all instructions given by heads of staff. Any violations of these orders can be punished by death. This is not a drill.

[Common] George Sears says, "ALL ABOARD CAPTAIN CRAZY'S WILD RIDE"
[Common] George Sears says, "OH FUCK"
[Common] Blake Anderson exclaims, "Ai!"
[Common] Harry Dresden says, "I JUST WAN TO MAKE MY AUTISM FORTRESS, AI."
[Common] B.E.E.P. states, "Bye SS13"
[Security] Jaggers Edgeworth says, "Oh god"
[Command] George McClemens stammers, "N-Never-r-r-rm-m-mid"
[Command] Shady Slim says, "I told you retards to open that vault but you gotta do some other pointless shit"
[Common] Myriam Rathens says, "I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GET THE HEALING VIRUS AT MEDBAY FRONT DESK"
[Security] Jaggers Edgeworth says, "Im locked in friends"
[Command] Ziggy Two-Shoes says, "Thats my justification bud"
Ziggy Two-Shoes says, "Thats my justification bud"
tl;dr for the spoiler log, I the well informed and actively participating in the unfolding events of the round captain call the shuttle, four people give me shit for it, demand a recall and in the interment seconds, ai goes nuke.
If you'll notice I got the HoP to give out access to everywhere but the bridge to avoid the exact scenario that often pisses me off.

When shit hits the fan, deadchat is justifiably glad that the round has a timer on it, and no amount of can-do attitude can fix a station after a certain limit of destruction has been met, and I don't like having to wrestle with calls and recalls from dipshits who automatically tell the AI to recall when they have no clue what's happening.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #198214

Someone recalling the shuttle DESPITE there being a very real and good reason to call it should be arrested and thrown in perma (or probably executed). It's very much an IC issue.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #198488

You should make a ban requ....

OH WAIT
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #198495

Anyone recalling the shuttle in a real emergency without the intent on calling red alert gets executed in my books.

Real emergency meaning basically 60% of the station is dead, or singuloose.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #198517

yackemflam wrote:Anyone recalling the shuttle in a real emergency without the intent on calling red alert gets executed in my books.

Real emergency meaning basically 60% of the station is dead, or singuloose.
PSA: Recalling for red alert is only a good idea when the shuttle will take eight minutes or more. If it's past the eight minute mark, recalling for red alert will just waste time.

Standard shuttle in-flight time: 10 minutes
Red alert shuttle in-flight time: 6 minutes

Recalling at ETA 9:00 means one minute of "delay time", six minutes of "in-flight time", total 7 minutes (so you save two minutes).
Recalling at ETA 8:00 means two minutes of "delay time", six minutes of "in-flight time", total 8 minutes (so by this point, it breaks even).
Recalling at ETA 7:00 means three minutes of "delay time", six minutes of "in-flight time", total 9 minutes (congratulations, it takes two minutes longer).
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #198531

TheNightingale wrote:
PSA: Recalling for red alert is only a good idea when the shuttle will take eight minutes or more. If it's past the eight minute mark, recalling for red alert will just waste time.
I've been wondering what the math was on this. Thank you.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #198543

oranges wrote:You should make a ban requ....

OH WAIT
Or you know use support bus or pm a headmin
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #198553

HALP KOR A HEAD CALLED THE SHUTTLE AND I DIDN'T WANT IT CALLED BAN HIM

If you want the shuttle to stay so bad, go dunk the head calling it (nonlethally) and steal his ID and recall. If the crew is with you and wanted it recalled, nobody will fuck with you. If they wanted it called, you'll probably get killed.

Regardless this is the epitome of an IC issue. Literally get good.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #198563

Red alert takes 5 minutes, not 6
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #198578

ShadowDimentio wrote:HALP KOR A HEAD CALLED THE SHUTTLE AND I DIDN'T WANT IT CALLED BAN HIM

If you want the shuttle to stay so bad, go dunk the head calling it (nonlethally) and steal his ID and recall. If the crew is with you and wanted it recalled, nobody will fuck with you. If they wanted it called, you'll probably get killed.

Regardless this is the epitome of an IC issue. Literally get good.
No, if the shuttle repeatedly gets called as soon as possible because someone is bored, because they didn't get antag, or because they dislike the map, it isn't really an IC issue. (Besides, admins will probably also dunk you for doing what you suggest).

If there's an actual reason to call it? Sure, call it. But when someone calls it for a complete shitty reason just to end the round? Well, there should definitely be a policy against that.

I can't count the times someone literally waited until they could call the shuttle just to call it, just because it was a map they personally disliked, like Birdboat, Efficiency Station, Dreamstation, etc.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #198661

I wasn't trying to ban request, those examples are old, but it happens all the damn time, the round runs it's course for one or more department effectively crippling the station, but another department is doing ok, so they wanna stay, When the entire sec force and it's department has been blown off the map, or engineering and atmos were consumed by lord singuloth it's time to go home, there is no longer an effective way to keep the round going, and yet QM wants to finish his autism fort, Research wants to finish their mega mech, Botany hasn't finished flooding escape with dangerous and toxic materials, and chemistry still wants to see how much meth the clown can eat.

My point being, a round ending event doesn't stop the whiny entitled douchers from demanding a recall, because their own personal little slice of the sandbox is still halfway functioning and they don't give enough of a shit for the people whose slice of sandbox was used as a litterbox.

I'm much less irked by the early bird shuttle callers, than I am with the meme-ry of people demanding a recall when it isn't suitable, or those same people as heads recalling without a single comment on the command channel. I shouldn't have to break out the antique laser gun and guard the comms console just in case someone who can't be asked to solve the dilema, or even follow the events decides to recall it.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.