Kill-and-clone

TwitchTail13
Byond Username: TwitchTail13

Kill-and-clone

Post by TwitchTail13 » #213390

Is killing kosher as long as they get cloned after? If any escalation is required, please tell me more.
Shaps wrote:The fact that you're asking if you need a reason to kill someone is deeply, deeply troubling
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: Kill-and-clone

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #213396

That's in incredibly subjective question.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #213402

TwitchTail13 wrote:Is killing kosher as long as they get cloned after? If any escalation is required, please tell me more.
You're not going to get a straight answer on this because there is no hard line. Don't kill people for shitty reasons.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #213404

TwitchTail13 wrote:Is killing kosher as long as they get cloned after? If any escalation is required, please tell me more.
The fact that you're asking if you need a reason to kill someone is deeply, deeply troubling
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #213405

Shaps wrote:
The fact that you're asking if you need a reason to kill someone is deeply, deeply troubling
Bad wording on my part. Should have said "And tell me more about the escalation."
Shaps wrote:The fact that you're asking if you need a reason to kill someone is deeply, deeply troubling
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #213408

You're not going to get a well-defined line of what is and is not ok here.
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #213410

Ballpark figure, then: Is killing and then cloning immediately the same as beating into crit?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #213411

Ballpark figure, don't kill people for shitty reasons.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #213416

I know. What I wanted to know was if the two things are the same.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #213419

Don't be an asshole to people and attack them for no reason
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #213421

Don't kill people for shitty reasons
TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #213422

I know. But if I have a good reason, is there any difference?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #213423

Fuck off, you haven't even logged in since january and all you've done is shitpost and necro old ass threads on the forums.
TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #213432

Come on. It wasn't THAT old.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #213435

if you get in a fight with somebody (just a regular fight not like with a traitor) and put them in crit and they succumb, common courtesy dictates that you should try to revive them in some way, imo
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #213441

I'd like to expand on this actually. Is Kill-and-Clone an acceptable medical treatment if the patient consents? Or in the event that they cannot, what would be the minimum for it to be considered a treatment short of death itself?
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #213444

Anonmare wrote:I'd like to expand on this actually. Is Kill-and-Clone an acceptable medical treatment if the patient consents? Or in the event that they cannot, what would be the minimum for it to be considered a treatment short of death itself?
:neigh: should imply consent since they technically can't say no unless you consider neeeigh might mean naaay.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #213468

Anonmare wrote:I'd like to expand on this actually. Is Kill-and-Clone an acceptable medical treatment if the patient consents?
yes of course, not like you can stop them from just killing themselves if you refuse to do it anyways
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #213542

Kill and clone is stupid. People should be left dead.
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #214641

I don't think you should. If you're gonna kill someone, at least stick with the decision and leave them dead. Why would you waste company time and resources when it would be significantly cheaper and less horrible to just beat someone up, throw them out of your space/into the brig, and have them healed? They're still gonna hate your guts, you *killed* them. I had a round where three people had a Stand, and I used mine in self defence to protect myself from the other two, but was otherwise totally harmless and doing my job. A sec officer wordlessly shot me in the face after we killed one threatening medbay and then cloned me specifically to get rid of that ability because 'lol illegal', and then acted surprised when my character refused to treat or otherwise assist him, on account of having been murdered in cold blood. He had the gall to say he didn't trust me because I was understandably hostile that he shot me dead, and while I didn't attack him afterwards, it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the three hour shift. If you're gonna be an asshole, do wrong right.
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #214812

If someone is annoying you, kill them and leave them to get cloned.
Just understand they'll probably want to kill you, now
That's how we did it in 2012
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #214823

Thanks for the insight "good old days" gosling.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #214849

Saegrimr wrote:Thanks for the insight "good old days" gosling.
The game was objectively more fun (although the code is like a bajillion times better now)
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #214858

Yay, helpful answers!
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #214930

Why do you insist on a hard-and-fast rule for something too subjective for a hard-and-fast rule? That's like asking "under what circumstances can I ever punch someone."
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #214943

bandit wrote:Why do you insist on a hard-and-fast rule for something too subjective for a hard-and-fast rule? That's like asking "under what circumstances can I ever punch someone."
Gotta have those well-defined lines, brah.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #214946

I'll give you a well-defined line
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #214962

All right, since this thread is devolving fast, some examples. These do not even come close to covering every case but hopefully they give you an idea so we can stop this unending meme:

The mime walks by you and you toolbox him to death because you fucking hate mimes, then take him to cloning: Not OK. Should be obvious why it is not OK, if not, review the rules and reconsider your playstyle like, a lot

You hear that the mime is a shifty fuck, so you toolbox him to death when you first see him, then take him to cloning: Not OK, "some dude said he was dodgy" is not reason to kill someone, cloning doesn't make it better

The mime toolboxes you randomly, you toolbox him back, there is a fight, you ultimately get the knockdown and kill him, then take him to cloning: Probably acceptable as there was escalation, that said in at least a third of incidents like this the person getting attacked did something to provoke it.

The mime slashes you a bunch with an esword, but you disarm him and kill him with his own weapon: You don't even have to get him cloned.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TwitchTail13

Post by TwitchTail13 » #214966

bandit wrote:All right, since this thread is devolving fast, some examples. These do not even come close to covering every case but hopefully they give you an idea so we can stop this unending meme:

The mime walks by you and you toolbox him to death because you fucking hate mimes, then take him to cloning: Not OK. Should be obvious why it is not OK, if not, review the rules and reconsider your playstyle like, a lot

You hear that the mime is a shifty fuck, so you toolbox him to death when you first see him, then take him to cloning: Not OK, "some dude said he was dodgy" is not reason to kill someone, cloning doesn't make it better

The mime toolboxes you randomly, you toolbox him back, there is a fight, you ultimately get the knockdown and kill him, then take him to cloning: Probably acceptable as there was escalation, that said in at least a third of incidents like this the person getting attacked did something to provoke it.

The mime slashes you a bunch with an esword, but you disarm him and kill him with his own weapon: You don't even have to get him cloned.
This is what I was looking for. Thanks.