>Hulk gets into upload and uploads law
>Law is flawed and AI ignores it
>I tell Hulk to surrender
>Hulk says he's gonna fix the law
>I gun him down and bring dead body to cloning
>I get bwoinked

why.avi
Spoiler:
Why people abusing their powers (which are easy as fuck to get and spread, literally like candy) are held to the same standard that normies are? It's not even hulks. When they break everything they open themselves to retaliation, despite blatantly violating server rule 1. But I caught a guy with heat and tk and xray who had all access and was breaking lights in brig and throwing stuff at me through walls, but I can't gulag him because borg says monsters are there, I can't perma him because he tells me he can just go through space, and I can't (Being only person in security) babysit him in cell making sure he doesn't break out. What am I supposed to do? I let him go.

Gimme a break.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Re: Superpowers as a license to griff.

Post by Slignerd » #217004

You're fine with gulaging him, and silicons don't really have a say otherwise.
I think you're also mostly safe with using lethals instead of stuns if whoever you're after is a hulk.

That being said, genetic powers are really nothing but an annoying mess in general. Hulk is the worst of the bunch, because you get a ton of chucklefucks breaking each and every wall to places they have no access to.
Port Goon genetics and remove hulk when?
Last edited by Slignerd on Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #217036

I thought we agreed that lasering hulks was pretty much the only way to subdue them, being that they're fucking hulks.

They're also not human as far as silicon policy goes.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #217051

I've bwoinked silicons about cat genetrash and Hulks before.

Also not all bwoinks are bad, most of them are us just asking you to confirm something we already knew. Like me bwoinking a guy who killed someone he thought was hotel staff off the z-level. They weren't actually hotel staff but I was just using it as a test to see if he genuinely thought they were hotel staff or not.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #217060

Lumbermancer wrote: >I get bwoinked
Bwoinks usually only occur when an admin doesn't know whats going on.
Depending on if you're in the right or wrong, you may or may not recieve a note.
From the last time I asked for notes, I've only got 4 notes that relate to bwoiks from 14 months of gameplay.

Back to the topic, anything that can't be stunned and causing trouble is usually grounds for lethal force. Examples are borgs, virologists, hulks, stimpack users.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #217065

I'm pretty sure virologists can be stunned.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #217071

J_Madison wrote:Bwoinks usually only occur when an admin doesn't know whats going on..
Bwoink didn't result in anything negative really I should have said that. It wasn't meant to be observation on admin in question, but rather player who probably ahelped.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #217094

Then why make a policy thread about it?

You followed the rules, you killed a player who was causing trouble, the admin confirmed this and moved on. What policy needs to be clarified?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #217124

Why is running around breaking to every place and into space merely an IC issue?

If lasering hulks is allowed because it's the only way to subdue them, what about other power combinations (tk, xray, heat) that make detainment nigh impossible? Or a stim+healing virus?

What if all visibly manifesting superpowers made you nonhuman to AI?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #217130

nah the way it works is fine
if it becomes a real issue get a damp rag with 1u of mutadone on it (or a syringe gun, or even just a bottle/pill if you can get them held down long enough), 1 click removal of all powers. add salt if they have a healing virus
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #217138

if you laser someone to death as a security guard and you can explain non autistically to the admins about why you did it and confirm with them that you're going to res the person later I can guarantee that nothing will happen to you.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #217148

oranges wrote:if you laser someone to death as a security guard and you can explain non autistically to the admins about why you did it and confirm with them that you're going to res the person later I can guarantee that nothing will happen to you.