There needs to be a policy about murder boning on low-pop

Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

There needs to be a policy about murder boning on low-pop

Post by Cuboos » #221327

Seriously, this shit drives people off. It's different on high pop when it's more likely to have retaliation and there's more sec to do something about it. But the circumstances of low-pop are a lot different. There's less chance to be returned to the game via clone/borg/drone/other. 30 players use to be considered low-pop for /tg/, but now the low-pop hours barely break above 15 and murderboning is definitely the most likely culprit. There has to be something that can be done about it, maybe if the population is at a certain level and there is only so much security, murderboning could be grounds for a temp ban? Or maybe be antag-banned for a few days. Or be placed in a punishment job a few days, like clown or drone.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: There needs to be a policy about murder boning on low-po

Post by oranges » #221328

You got lost on your way to the policy subforum
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #221329

also if you're after pop you should move to basil
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #221332

Still amused that Sybil is the lower pop server.

Murderboning on low pop can really only be stopped by a competent security force. If someone wants to go on a murder spree on low pop I think that's their prerogative, though I think if there happens to be a admin on (which is never) then they should find a way to bring some dead people back in to stop the murderboner. Some will say that this is rewarding the murderer but I claim that if you do nothing you force most of the server to sit in deadchat for at minimum fifteen plus minutes as they wait for the murderer to kill everyone and call the shuttle, or for someone to stop the murderer eventually and either watch as the round extends for a hour or for the shuttle to be called.
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #221333

i didn't realize there was a policy forum, can an admin move this thread?
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #231132

rampant murder 4norasin used to get you bonked and told not to be such a massive dick. these days you have to purposely recall the shuttle to keep it going to get told off. Antagonists get to ignore the rules has always been the ruling on this.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Slettal
Byond Username: Slettal

Post by Slettal » #231136

My favorite grudge is still the one player who killed the almost whole station, then suicided and wrote in dead chat "fuck you". He also probably logged off after that. But that is a more a sybil problem since sometimes there aren't even admins online
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #231137

Slettal wrote:My favorite grudge is still the one player who killed the almost whole station, then suicided and wrote in dead chat "fuck you". He also probably logged off after that. But that is a more a sybil problem since sometimes there aren't even admins online

[youtube]e7qQ6_RV4VQ[/youtube]
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #231147

yeah, it's shit.

there's barely ever any security in midpop, let alone lowpop and traitorkit is so powerful now it takes more than one.

even if they fuck up AIs can't really stop them anymore due to doorbashing and others of the nonstop nerfs

borgs are also helpless

there's been a gradual reduction of the ability of the station to stop traitors forever, actually.

tl;dr ye agree
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #231148

ew a necro
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #231150

NikNakFlak wrote:ew a necro
still relevant

I think lowpop murder is fine as long as they don't recall the shuttle
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #231162

Armhulen wrote:I think lowpop murder is fine as long as they don't recall the shuttle
I don't mind so much if the shuttle is on its way while they're doing it.

It's the shitnuggets that recall are the ones I spawn 50 spiders on.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #231195

make security roles a force pick then.

then make being incompetent at security (failing to kill x) (abandoning your job at round start) a bannable offense.

reward every confirmed traitor killed with a antag token, then give traitors 60tc.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #231231

Wyzack wrote:
Slettal wrote:My favorite grudge is still the one player who killed the almost whole station, then suicided and wrote in dead chat "fuck you". He also probably logged off after that. But that is a more a sybil problem since sometimes there aren't even admins online
We don't have any not-american-or-european Sybil admins so it's basically devoid of administration past 10 PM. I find myself solo adminning around 8 PM and forwards almost every time I stay on.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #231477

^ this
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #231480

oranges wrote:^ this
Is it time for citrusmin?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #231482

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
oranges wrote:^ this
Is it time for citrusmin?
No.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #231487

murderbone is fine go away
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #231492

Takeguru wrote:murderbone is fine go away
Not when they murder all six players on a server then gotta wait fifteen minutes before a shuttle may get called. I've seen Sybil die after some murderboner killed everyone which ended up killing any population on it. At that point I'm more inclined to take action as I rather let antags go but when overall health of a server is impacted for one person's jollies it isn't good.

Admins can and have taken action against low-effort lowpop murderboners within reason. Such as their objective isn't hijack and they're just killing everyone without much contest because they can. You leave yourself open to admin intervention at that point which can be ERT/Deathsquad, other antags sent after you, or other things spawned in. Also that behavior can be noted down for people who constantly murderbone when given the chance during lowpop.

Problem is more so we have not many admins on early morning hours which leads to issues. Something I'm aware and trying to address but it's kinda hard being those hours are not the best for me and for a new admin they have to be trained by someone.
Freedom
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #231498

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Wyzack wrote:
We don't have any not-american-or-european Sybil admins so it's basically devoid of administration past 10 PM. I find myself solo adminning around 8 PM and forwards almost every time I stay on.
We have to have a stupidly large admin team because trying to cover 24/7 uptime for two servers with depressed nocturnal neets doing 12 hour shifts is not sustainable.

Making the servers up for only 12-18 hours a day or only on some days of the week, or just having one server would be nice.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #231500

Kor wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Wyzack wrote:
We have to have a stupidly large admin team because trying to cover 24/7 uptime for two servers with depressed nocturnal neets doing 12 hour shifts is not sustainable.

Making the servers up for only 12-18 hours a day or only on some days of the week, or just having one server would be nice.
Let's do it boys
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #231584

TehPear wrote:
Not when they murder all six players on a server then gotta wait fifteen minutes before a shuttle may get called. I've seen Sybil die after some murderboner killed everyone which ended up killing any population on it. At that point I'm more inclined to take action as I rather let antags go but when overall health of a server is impacted for one person's jollies it isn't good.

Admins can and have taken action against low-effort lowpop murderboners within reason. Such as their objective isn't hijack and they're just killing everyone without much contest because they can. You leave yourself open to admin intervention at that point which can be ERT/Deathsquad, other antags sent after you, or other things spawned in. Also that behavior can be noted down for people who constantly murderbone when given the chance during lowpop.

Problem is more so we have not many admins on early morning hours which leads to issues. Something I'm aware and trying to address but it's kinda hard being those hours are not the best for me and for a new admin they have to be trained by someone.
I've seen certain sybil regular(s) murderbone every time they roll antag, and get on bagil and play and still do that when they roll antag. Certain bagil players also murderbone alot when they don't need to but they don't do it all the time. I've been told it's alright unless they only roll for antag and don't play normal rounds.
TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #231592

kevinz000 wrote:
TehPear wrote:

I've seen certain sybil regular(s) murderbone every time they roll antag, and get on bagil and play and still do that when they roll antag. Certain bagil players also murderbone alot when they don't need to but they don't do it all the time. I've been told it's alright unless they only roll for antag and don't play normal rounds.
I'm not sure what server has to do with it as it happens on both and generally during our hours of less coverage as they likely feel they can get away with more stupidity. Also, again it's admin discretion for the decision to intervene. Many, including myself, will let it play out to see what happens as sometimes its also the situation. Such as say their hand was forced when someone caught them and crew tried to valid them and failed.

Yet if they're playing hold the station hostage with the shuttle, killing everyone that it ends up making the server desolate place, camping arrivals after killing everyone just for more valids, or a known history of such behavior that they're more or less trying to just be horrible. We can invoke rule zero for the health of the server and intervene as there's killing and then there's killing the server in a very literal matter.
Freedom
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #231655

The policy should be that online admins have to be more active in fucking murderboners over with memes if things go too far.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #231689

Daily reminder you can hop on supportbus and speak to [us] about certain players who you notice do this consistently. We may not be able to do anything administratively at the time you report it, but it's good to note down so admins can monitor their behavior when they roll antag [or when they don't they go AFK, etc.].

That or shoot one of us a forum/IRC pm if you're afraid of someone lurking in supportbus, whichever is more convenient for you.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #231706

Or just ahelp it, MAKING SURE to INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE PERSON BEING A PROBLEM.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #231868

Cuboos wrote:Seriously, this shit drives people off. It's different on high pop when it's more likely to have retaliation and there's more sec to do something about it. But the circumstances of low-pop are a lot different. There's less chance to be returned to the game via clone/borg/drone/other. 30 players use to be considered low-pop for /tg/, but now the low-pop hours barely break above 15 and murderboning is definitely the most likely culprit. There has to be something that can be done about it, maybe if the population is at a certain level and there is only so much security, murderboning could be grounds for a temp ban? Or maybe be antag-banned for a few days. Or be placed in a punishment job a few days, like clown or drone.

Hey consider taking a log of whats going on. Its helpful!
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #231877

Admins sporadically sending an ERT to fuck with a guy after they've already murdered everyone doesn't usually improve the experience if it's just the same short and pointless death match next ten man round.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #231914

if only there was some kind of forum we could post logs of a player doing this and others could also include their logs... hmm

makes you think
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #231920

H-HES NOT PLAYING TRAITOR THE WAY I LIKR ADMINS B-BAN HE
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #231963

D&B wrote:H-HES NOT PLAYING TRAITOR THE WAY I LIKR ADMINS B-BAN HE
That's not the problem though, you don't get it because you're a bagillian or something but on Sybil when every round the whole station gets wiped it actually starts to make people not want to play, killing the server
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #231972

Yeah, Antags doing whatever they want is good and all, but a low pop total wipe murderboner can literally kill the server population for the night and drive everyone away to do something less frustrating. The consequences last beyond the single shitty round
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #231982

I've been staying up late on Sybil a lot lately, and using it as a time to try and learn things I haven't been able to in normal rounds; mostly the gunplay and slipping side of SS13 because of the fact that 1 in every 2 players is out to kill you. I appreciate the murderbone in lowpop. I have no issues with it, and I have no issues with being killed as a nontarget just because I was there in an antag's sight - It also means that I have someone to learn from when they're coming at me. When it gets painful is when the rounds go on to 60+ minutes because said player wants more blood that literally doesn't exist outside of a braindead atmotech tucked away in a locker and the ghostroles are nothing worth clicking for the ghosts that have existed from the first five minutes. I've never closed the game over it, but I know a number of people swap back over to Bagil the moment they see it's happening.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #231993

Do restart votes not work anymore?

If everyone gets fed up they should be able to vote to restart.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #231995

D&B wrote:Do restart votes not work anymore?

If everyone gets fed up they should be able to vote to restart.
Late night restart votes are always 2-5 nos from the 2-5 people who went braindead because they didnt roll antag, 3-4 nos from antags who don't wanna see it end until they get their blood, and then there are sometimes yesses from ghosts but the No always wins by default.

They're also almost always used as a meme by one unnamed player so you can tell exactly when he died in a round.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232002

True brain dead players don't get a vote I don't think, only ones that are still logged on the server
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #232080

Don't restart votes still require an admin to actually restart the server?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232084

No, they automatically pass if there are no admins online
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #232159

Rework restart votes so people who don't vote don't count, and having an admin online doesn't autofail it (but they can override if they want to).
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #232520

TheNightingale wrote:Rework restart votes so people who don't vote don't count, and having an admin online doesn't autofail it (but they can override if they want to).
This will just lead to outrage as people miss the relatively tight vote window and get the round restarted out from under them. Doubly so if its an action-packed round with bullets flying that dissuades people from stopping to click through the voting interface.

Plus, certain antag objectives like "hijack the shuttle " all but require murderboning and if you make it easier for salt ghosts to restart you might as well remove that objective.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232562

Yeah, people counting as no when they do not vote is absolutely by design. It is not supposed to be easy to call a restart vote, and it supposed to be reserved for times when shit is horribly fucked up and there are no admins online. If you can not even get half of the people logged in to click on a little yes button then it is probably not so bad that you can not wait out the shuttle
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #232571

Instead of Restart, make a force shuttle call with no recall after X% of people die [lowpop only]? That way the murderboner still gets 10 minutes [assuming he has hijack] to finish everyone else off but also allows low pop players a chance to get back into the game relatively soon.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #232855

Yeah restart vote must keep its failsafes, if it's made easier people will constantly restart on lowpop when a novelty map is chosen or it rolls extended
Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Post by Poorman » #233015

Oh shit. "IM DED RESTORT" is going to become a real thing.

I miss 2012.
TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #233090

Grazyn wrote:Yeah restart vote must keep its failsafes, if it's made easier people will constantly restart on lowpop when a novelty map is chosen or it rolls extended
In regards to the map the joke would be each restart wouldn't do nothing to resolve that. Less time for the round there's less chance for map rotation to trigger. Restart vote would just restart the server and do nothing.
Freedom
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #233356

Good god we're still talking about this. I've seen too many threads about this
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #233418

Which suggests that it remains a problem.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #235569

Well, we just had a round where there were, at round end, 5 people on, with one dude murderboning everyone. And here's the kicker, he was also killing people as they exited the arrivals shuttle.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #235571

Arrivals camping is bannable, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #235574

Apparently certain people in OOC has no comprehension about what that is.