Security and antagonizing crew members

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Security and antagonizing crew members

Post by DrPillzRedux » #222986

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why is it okay for security to detain crew members, take their stuff, and then release them without giving that stuff back? Then, when someone tries to get their stuff back (like a fucking violin not a gun), that sec officer can toss that person in the gulag or perma? It's the equivalent of theft and banbaiting, but since they're sec it's okay. Baiting people into retaliating and then removing from the game is shit.

This has always been a problem with sec. They get a free pass to take anything from you and it's ruled an IC issue, when sec shouldn't be stealing in the first place.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Re: Security and antagonizing crew members

Post by J_Madison » #223455

Sec is understaffed due to lack of content, exhausting job and generally mopping over others.

If you die big whoop, someone gets access to a department.

If I die I give away the brig and all of my belongings.

I don't have time to deal with small petty incidents and be expected to treat you specially and differently.
If you break into somewhere I'm taking your tools.
If you do nothing but get in the way of arrests with an annoying instrument I'm taking that instrument.
If you try to attack me I will throw your ass into the gulag for 600 points.

Security reacts. If they instigate that's against the rules. Every action has a reaction.

You have dozens of jobs and hundreds of gimmicks. What gimmick you think is appropriate will be met with an equally appropriate reaction.

If the game to you revolves around a pixel instrument, then you're likely not going contribute anything and in the kingdom of convertion antags, the useless non-contributing players are king.

Here's a hint: play your job or don't play at all. If you act like a waste of slot I'll treat you as one.
Duncdar
Byond Username: Duncdar

Post by Duncdar » #223456

I was going to avoid posting, but I feel that I should clarify my exact words to Daturix were "Sorry for taking a while to get back to you, but thanks for clarifying that. In the future, however, it may just be best to send them on their way after a regular brig sentence, considering it was the result of two attacks with a guitar." While I know that can be read as "to just ignore your ass next time," I tend to be a lot more polite and optimistic.
After this, they were given a note containing information about the incident, primarily as a reference should a similar situation occur again.
~lighter than Aire~
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #223469

I like how you're still lying. You ran out of the brig and made me chase you after I got released. You SAW me chasing you. I smack you with a guitar two times and you perma me without word. The real kicker is "I totally can't find this person right behind me chasing me so I space what he's chasing me for'.

You're a full of shit underage b& dodging a sec ban. If I was your dad I'd yell at your ass too. After observing you since, you continuously do nothing but validhunt or wordlessly go around doing stuff. Complete garbage.

Also jmad you're still a complete fucking idiot as ever. I had not done anything in the round that was criminal. I had not hit anything, stolen anything, nothing. All I did was test songs as an assistant.

But really, you're overextending your thoughts as usual. You really need to just shut the fuck up and seek help instead of spending money on a retard simulator to try and push your shitty agenda.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #223474

"I'm going to call people retards and idiots, this will win over people's support for me"
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #223482

That sure is a lot of rage and butthurt about losing a virtual violin.....
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #223501

Is it relavent someone is under age or lives with their parents that you attack them with it publicly?

The fact is he was doing his job looking for a cult.
You were set to wanted. I'd complain about whoever set you to this.
And a sec officer was doing his job.
Instead of staying calm and compliant you threaten bloody murder and attack him later.

Even for serious crimes, as long as you are calm and compliant I doubt anyone will treat you badly.

You're complaining about sec treating you badly because you screamed, shouted, and was abusive and uncomplaint.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #223505

Wait a minute.....

I knew it! This was a ban request all along!
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #223538

DrPillzRedux wrote:After observing you since
SpaceStalker 13

In all this time you've spent dumping salt here you could have done something productive. Like get drunk, watch a movie, etc.
--Crocodillo

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #223541

> claiming someone needs to seek help because they donate to the "retard simulator" you also play on
> Resorts to such low-par adhom because someone stole their space instrument 3 days ago on said retard simulator

seek help
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #223546

CPTANT wrote:Wait a minute.....

I knew it! This was a ban request all along!
DAMN, FOILED AGAIN.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #223553

cmspano wrote:
DrPillzRedux wrote:After observing you since
SpaceStalker 13
>watching someone after dying sometimes
>seeing them in game
>stalking
>all these quality admin replies triggered over retard

A lot of you need to aquiesce assistance.

Also jmad yeah, typically after you stop to let a sec officer detain you and they wordlessly stun you, you get triggered. That's something a rarely plays wouldn't know though.

a correct post by pillz
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #223563

Grow a thicker skin or Ahelp it then instead of making blind threats.
Treat others like you'd treat yourself instead of being a self righteous sperg.

Present an argument to counter my argument instead of spouting rarely plays ad-homs that aren't true.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #223570

DrPillzRedux wrote:A lot of you need to aquiesce assistance.
the word is acquire you mong acquiesce means to concede
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #223571

DrPillzRedux wrote:I like how you're still lying. You ran out of the brig and made me chase you after I got released. You SAW me chasing you. I smack you with a guitar two times and you perma me without word. The real kicker is "I totally can't find this person right behind me chasing me so I space what he's chasing me for'.

You're a full of shit underage b& dodging a sec ban. If I was your dad I'd yell at your ass too. After observing you since, you continuously do nothing but validhunt or wordlessly go around doing stuff. Complete garbage.

Also jmad you're still a complete fucking idiot as ever. I had not done anything in the round that was criminal. I had not hit anything, stolen anything, nothing. All I did was test songs as an assistant.

But really, you're overextending your thoughts as usual. You really need to just shut the fuck up and seek help instead of spending money on a retard simulator to try and push your shitty agenda.
Thread should probably get locked or moved to FNR as no real discussion is happening besides shit talking.

Response.
Spoiler:
But let me clarify. I did yell over coms to something along the lines. "I just spaced your stupid fucking violin" when I spaced it. Now why would I do that if you were right there?

I am 20 and ill be 21 in less than 4 weeks. I'm not some under teen b&, if you want me to eat a sec ban ill gladly take it, I have no issue taking punishment when it's actually due. This case it isnt. Thats what all my notes say. If you refer to me validhunting you watched one of the later rounds where it was raging mages, or the DA round where I outed target in hopes sec would actually do something.

Here's the real kicker, if you have watched me since, then why are 99% of my rounds virologist, sitting there making my virus over and over and supplying it to the crew then just chilling about and doing what I please. Validhunting?

If you wish I will record every round I play for your exact pleasure to see my valid hunting and my intentions as i do speak to the game as shit happens.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #223574

tbh everyone in this thread is acting like they're 12.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #223589

Atlanta-Ned wrote:tbh everyone in this thread is acting like they're 12.
Didn't you just put yourself in the thread?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #223599

THE SHED BECKONS
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #223614

Few more thoughts I had on why sec is """"shit"""" to play.

It's the only department that really needs 2 specific people in the roster. Warden, to help process prisoners and guard brig, and Hos to (try) to lead and assume the position of authority both within and outside the security. Without them you gonna have a hard time and not much fun. Every other department can go without Head of Staff just fine.

If chain of command is broken above you, at HoP or Captain level, you gonna have a bad time. Everyone else can just ignore it, or get that sweet all access to tide.

If there's a dissent or split within your ranks, you gonna have a bad time. You really need teamwork and implicit trust.

Most of the people think Sally will look for her marble in the box.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #223635

I admit that one thing that would antagonize the crew, but be funny to see, is stuff like Security taking the hands of Tiders who steal etc.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #223643

ThanatosRa wrote:I admit that one thing that would antagonize the crew, but be funny to see, is stuff like Security taking the hands of Tiders who steal etc.
I've seen this. All it does is make people think sec is valid.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #223691

D&B wrote:THE SHED BECKONS
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #223767

I too had my instruments spaced by sec officers in the past, they always get away with it.

If you want privileges to team deathmatch antags, you can't do regular crew stuff like fighting someone for/because of an instrument. If the crew cannot reasonably fight back, you get these threads.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #224095

Security sucks to play because the default assumption for why you do anything is because you're a valid hunting salt seeking piece of shit who cannot possibly be motivated by anything more than the most basic of primitive animal insticts to hold down the smallest monkey and fart on him.

Go play sec your own way pills, if you ever leave the bar, or the comfort of your established name/character conflict will happen and you'll feel compelled to defend yourself to some snivvling snot nosed autist who can't understand why you took his murder weapon away and then spaced him.

But yeah, rules are where they are supposed to be, dunno where kor gets 'years' from, but hey, it's here now, and has been for a while at least, policy finally gave us breathing room, but it still doesn't make the crew any more tolerant, or the community less fun to interact with as security.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #224247

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:I admit that one thing that would antagonize the crew, but be funny to see, is stuff like Security taking the hands of Tiders who steal etc.
I've seen this. All it does is make people think sec is valid.
If I catch an antag really early on I give them the choice of perma or losing a hand.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #224388

its amazing how we can have serious conversations over a person's VIRTUAL violin being stolen
edit: wow the conversation was so serious that i forgot it was virtual
Last edited by BeeSting12 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #224390

BeeSting12 wrote:its amazing how we can have serious conversations over a person's violin being stolen
Ahum, VIRTUAL violin.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #224414

This is how every thread with security in the title will go, from now until the end of time.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #224487

Security regulars unable to handle that nobody likes their role and they have antag privileges as non-antag crew? Yeah sounds about right.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Slettal
Byond Username: Slettal

Post by Slettal » #224501

Davidchan wrote:Security regulars unable to handle that nobody likes their role and they have antag privileges as non-antag crew? Yeah sounds about right.
Don't be a shitter and you won't have a problem with sec. I can't count how many times I've been mistakingly arrested and released again. Even had a sec officer jump into space to get my hard suit back for me (got accidently spaced)
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #224507

Slettal wrote:Don't be a shitter
Good advice for sec, not being shit to the crew and treating everyone who doesn't spawn with an implant as antag. Sec is the only group of players allowed to escalate a verbal altercation to a physical or even lethal one without risk of getting banned for needlessly escalating conflicts.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #224511

Davidchan wrote:
Slettal wrote:Don't be a shitter
Good advice for sec, not being shit to the crew and treating everyone who doesn't spawn with an implant as antag. Sec is the only group of players allowed to escalate a verbal altercation to a physical or even lethal one without risk of getting banned for needlessly escalating conflicts.
I dindu nuffin!

Also it's bullshit, if someone invades your workspace repeatedly or literally says they are going to kill you then every crew member dunks you just fine, it's just that stun batons are more effective at it.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #224607

I feel like i was antagonizing the captain recently as hos, i mean two out of the three captains i basically mutinied, and while both of them wanted to de-tail (eugh), gulag (euuugh), or deport (eeeeeeeeuuugh) all lizards, only one was valid. Snake Plisskin was my battle brother against the clockwork war so i regret basically killing him
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #224641

>starting a mutiny against someone who did the right thing
What?
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #224673

Falamazeer wrote:Security sucks to play because the default assumption for why you do anything is because you're a valid hunting salt seeking piece of shit who cannot possibly be motivated by anything more than the most basic of primitive animal insticts to hold down the smallest monkey and fart on him.

Go play sec your own way pills, if you ever leave the bar, or the comfort of your established name/character conflict will happen and you'll feel compelled to defend yourself to some snivvling snot nosed autist who can't understand why you took his murder weapon away and then spaced him.

But yeah, rules are where they are supposed to be, dunno where kor gets 'years' from, but hey, it's here now, and has been for a while at least, policy finally gave us breathing room, but it still doesn't make the crew any more tolerant, or the community less fun to interact with as security.
Playing the instruments is now actively attacking security.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #224720

Scott wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:Security sucks to play because the default assumption for why you do anything is because you're a valid hunting salt seeking piece of shit who cannot possibly be motivated by anything more than the most basic of primitive animal insticts to hold down the smallest monkey and fart on him.

If it's the electric guitar it is, that thing is ANNOYING.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #224756

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Scott wrote:

If it's the electric guitar it is, that thing is ANNOYING.
Ghostbusters theme intensifies

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #224758

TheColdTurtle wrote:>starting a mutiny against someone who did the right thing
What?
>half of my security composed of lizards, CMO says de-tailing is unethical
>he didn't see this coming
What?
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Post by Jembo » #225784

In my last few days of playing, the following has happened. I've had to serve two sentences for the same crime. Stole five bars of gold to make a crown. Spend two minutes in the brig and was forgotten about while bucklecuffed to a bed. Another sec officer shows up and sees I'm trying to break free from my cuffs in my cell after my timer ran out, and proceeds to brig me for four more minutes for trying to escape.

I as the CMO was actively prevented from cloning the captain by a sec officer and the warden. As because despite being able to change the powercell in genetics to get it up and running they didn't believe they could be cloned.

Was arrested by a HoS for interfering in an arrest in my own office because I was trying to contain the person attacking me with a tool box and accidentally hit them once.

Was shot into red health by a detective for hitting them with a red fish plush.

And that's just recent events. We have a lot of new players we need to be harder on those playing sec just to be dicks to other players.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #225786

Jembo wrote:In my last few days of playing, the following has happened. I've had to serve two sentences for the same crime. Stole five bars of gold to make a crown. Spend two minutes in the brig and was forgotten about while bucklecuffed to a bed. Another sec officer shows up and sees I'm trying to break free from my cuffs in my cell after my timer ran out, and proceeds to brig me for four more minutes for trying to escape.

I as the CMO was actively prevented from cloning the captain by a sec officer and the warden. As because despite being able to change the powercell in genetics to get it up and running they didn't believe they could be cloned.

Was arrested by a HoS for interfering in an arrest in my own office because I was trying to contain the person attacking me with a tool box and accidentally hit them once.

Was shot into red health by a detective for hitting them with a red fish plush.

And that's just recent events. We have a lot of new players we need to be harder on those playing sec just to be dicks to other players.
You want admin intervention for THAT? Seriously, grow a spine.
Jembo
Byond Username: Jembo

Post by Jembo » #225790

If I wanted admin intervention, I would of admin helped ;3 I didn't. I'm merely stating we have a growing number of horrible sec players, and it's only going to get worse until people take steps to correct it. I feel like they're mostly new players, and you also see them grab up the head roles as well. It's a problem when we have new players in these roles because they make the game more difficult for everyone involved.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #226276

Jembo wrote:

If I wanted admin intervention, I would of admin helped ;3 I didn't. I'm merely stating we have a growing number of horrible sec players, and it's only going to get worse until people take steps to correct it. I feel like they're mostly new players, and you also see them grab up the head roles as well. It's a problem when we have new players in these roles because they make the game more difficult for everyone involved.
if you didn't adminhelp it then don't bitch about it it in policy discussion about the admins not fixing a problem that you never told them about.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #228120

It is a bit of a problem, but people get insensitive to it due to shitheads whining to get their hacking tools back after the hacking arrest.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #228198

This entire thread is a virtual BLM bitchfest.
"B-but officah, i did nuffin wrong. This phat lewt was planted on me by the same lunatic who dragged me into thecaps office through the hacked door"
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #228241

ITT shitsec gets talked to by admins when reported but let's complain about how they're allowed to "get away with stuff" anyways.

The Oxford Archives is calling
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #228999

Ignoring the pseudo-ban request nature of the thread and the :salt: about virtual violins, I do think sec (as someone who frequently is the Warden/HoS) has an issue, namely with organization.

A well run sec relies on the records being up to date and prisoners being released in a timely manner. The issue at present are:

* Any officer can drag a perp into the brig and set a timer, bypassing the authority of the Warden and leaving them unawares if busy with other shit
* Similarly, if the Warden/HoS die/are busy with other stuff, processing breaks down and leads either to "you're getting 10 minutes because I feel like it" or people being cuff dragged arond the brig for hours
* Wardens struggle to get info off officers because officers frequently run off to the next issue and are busy not getting toolboxed to answer the Warden's questions about Pryce Bax and why hes muzzled and cuffed.

There are a number of solutions to this, but one I'd suggest is converting some proportion of normal Sec Officer jobs to "Brig Guard" positions that act like the Cargo Techs do to the QM. Take away brig cell/timer control from normal Sec and thus have a internal structure with the Guards taking prisoners off the Officer's hands but getting information, remove the single point of failure that is the Warden and clarify the hierarchy in the Security-land so we get less Sec Officers getting salty about the Warden acting like 2nd-in-Command (even when appropriate)

This is just a rough idea but I think it'd do a lot to help some of the more common complaints about sec, without defanging the department.

Obviously this is more of a coding/gameplay design solution then a rules solution, but I thought it bore mentioning.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #229035

taking away officer brigging rights is a terribly stupid idea. Security has always had problems from the HoS/warden positions being occasionally filled with anti-sec assclowns who only choose the role to interfere in arrests and cut people loose for thin reasoning. and you want to make a whole job role for that type of player? Nah.

I had a warden who released people because there were no notes in their security record.
Very few people use that system, even fewer check them. It would be nice if they did, but they don't, so why write something nobody is going to read in all likelyhood? There is nothing more annoying than turncoat security. And giving a job slot to it is just feuling a playstyle that nobody but the lowest clown will benefit from is stupid.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #229037

As warden if i get someone dumped in my brig without explanation I will ask over the radio twice. If no one responds I usually let them go. I am not going to hold people prisoner for an inordinate amount of time because someone dumped them on me, it is a waste of everyone's time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #229039

Falamazeer wrote:I had a warden who released people because there were no notes in their security record.
git gud and use the records then instead of just expecting other players to be mindreaders in a game where communication between players is deliberately restricted so nobody has the full story
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #229070

Falamazeer wrote:taking away officer brigging rights is a terribly stupid idea. Security has always had problems from the HoS/warden positions being occasionally filled with anti-sec assclowns who only choose the role to interfere in arrests and cut people loose for thin reasoning. and you want to make a whole job role for that type of player? Nah.
Its your opinion and you're entilted to it, but I doubt there are very many if any people playing a security role just to be "anti-sec". More likely its that the Warden/HoSs tend to have a different perspective because they're not the ones getting toolboxed by Griff McHuge. Delineation of duties might actually help not end up with sec revenge-brigging (as rare as I personally think that is) since the officer is removed from decision flow on sentencing.
Falamazeer wrote:I had a warden who released people because there were no notes in their security record.
Very few people use that system, even fewer check them. It would be nice if they did, but they don't, so why write something nobody is going to read in all likelyhood? There is nothing more annoying than turncoat security. And giving a job slot to it is just feuling a playstyle that nobody but the lowest clown will benefit from is stupid.
Part of the issue is people not using that system. Without it, everyone is playing it by ear, the Warden gets frustrated with officers arresting people for no clear reason, the officers get frustrated with the Warden for letting people go/being lenient and theres no paper trail that would lead to people receiving a longer sentence or permabrigging for repeat offences.

And most likely this "playstyle" would benefit everyone from assistants to officers to admins, since it would be easier to pin down the actual, power abusing shitcurity and defend the entirely justified, good security.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #234596

DrPillzRedux wrote:Why is it okay for security to detain crew members, take their stuff, and then release them without giving that stuff back? Then, when someone tries to get their stuff back (like a fucking violin not a gun), that sec officer can toss that person in the gulag or perma? It's the equivalent of theft and banbaiting, but since they're sec it's okay. Baiting people into retaliating and then removing from the game is shit.

This has always been a problem with sec. They get a free pass to take anything from you and it's ruled an IC issue, when sec shouldn't be stealing in the first place.
SS13 getting a bit too real.

But yeah it is a big issue, especially when they do shit like leave your backpack with your internals behind when the station is half blown up. As sec I generally make sure people can get their shit back. Its not that hard to just leave it all in the cell locker for them to take with them/only take the stuff that needs to be taken.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"