Can anyone write some better escalation rules?

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Can anyone write some better escalation rules?

Post by onleavedontatme » #226030

Bottom post of the previous page:

The current ones seem pretty worthless. Every admin and player thinks it means something else, to the point where someone admins ban you for critting people while other admins will let sec hack off all of a guys limbs for theft.

What does "escalation" mean to you? How do we put it into words better?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Can anyone write some better escalation rules?

Post by Qbopper » #281128

Nilons wrote:Gotta agree with Jmad on this one, pretending two disarms do no harm is intellectually dishonest, disarms count as assault, and being disarmed and pushed over can very easily lead to a dead security officer, maybe he had a baton in his bag, maybe he had an esword in his bag. Saying that he did no harm by disarming someone twice is not exactly true. I don't know why someone who sought out a reaction, got a reaction, then ahelped about how the reaction they got was a little different than what they wanted didnt get a fat play stupid games win stupid prizes from the admin responding. Especially considering Jmads original response, 6 minutes in jail, was reasonable.

Edit: Also why the fuck didn't Pax get a talking to for trying to kill someone an admin had already talked to, and was letting him out. How does listening to an admin and letting someone out of perma when told to make you valid in any way.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with him on the topic, I'm saying that it's fucking moronic to make useless personal jabs at people and expect people who don't agree to take you at all seriously

Is pkp going to "see the light" because D&B said he sucks pax's dick

like, really
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #281140

J_Madison wrote:Please ban me at the first available opportunity
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #281200

can we please have a discussion topic, any topic, that does not turn into phoenix wright: j_mad edition
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #281223

If you admit he's right he'll go away
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #281226

Lazengann wrote:If you admit he's right he'll go away
This
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #281242

bandit wrote:can we please have a discussion topic, any topic, that does not turn into phoenix wright: j_mad edition
but that would require staying on topic
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281322

Ziptie the assistant to a chair is my motto for escalatory common harrassment too minor to charge for, if they consistently do it again (or use anything other than their hands and you manage to stun them, kidnapping a officer is a serious crime) then raise the stakes to attempted assault and brig/gulag their ass. If they want your items or a reaction out of you, give it to them but make it as compromising as possible by searching them

Two stages
- Minor IC crime just spamming disarm with their hands, ziptie them to a chair with no earpiece/adjacent to a open intercomm and let them free themselves, if they lose tools vital to their job consider it part of the punishment or move the chair to somewhere more secure like brig's inner two doors (you could collapse the isolated cell 3 on boxstation to be shitter detention & a backdoor with some engineering by adding a secure double windoor access.

Metastation is better for this because they have a court waiting area that is a good shitter IC detention room, and its harder to make stuns and shit from your bag fly when the warden & additional sec officers are on hand.

- Major IC crime, after attacking your prior they go after another member of sec or yourself (or using a weapon like a stun prod), arrest them with contempt of security/harrassment and search their bag & pockets in the brig. Add minutes for each weapon you find or every time they get pulled in for a similar offence or straight up gulag them when the minutes exceed three.
Escalation on when to properly charge people for minor assault of yourself is limited to repeated attempts, or doing so with a weapon (accomplices also stack offences if you get mobbed) is my suggestion to new rules.

Spoiler:
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #281358

I've often base my escalation and punishment based on a series of factors;

Effort required to capture
Effort put into crime
Effort required to fix damage of said crime.
How they react to getting arrested.
How they behave when arrested.
How they behave in capitive.
Choice of actions.
The list goes on; there are factors I haven't mentioned off the top of my head.

I'll use some examples;
Spoiler:
Chaplain welder bombing brig, spammed smoke to increase our efforts to arrest him, shouted for greytide support when arrested, calling names when arrested, still spamming smoke when captured, tries to smash the cell down, tries to break out and assault sec when cell door opened.
Gulag 1000 points.
Spoiler:
Fingerprints of Bartender emagging brig (without anyone seeing). Was co-operative and calm when arrested, tried to de-escalate the situation when arrested and sympathetic to my workload, didn't smash cells and stayed in the cell, willingly came quietly without cuffs to the shuttle.
Had me convinced the entire time they weren't the emagger. They had a storage implant. Was co-operative and de-escalated to the point they weren't brigged on the shuttle. They greentexted.
Spoiler:
2 Greytiders entered brig during suspected rev round (bypassing lockdown). Met with tear gas and flashbangs and stunned. Was stunned. Co-operated during the arrest by surrendering and asked for an implant. Wasn't responsible for their actions (rev conversion).
Deconverted quickly.
Spoiler:
Non-implanted assistant loitering near the brig durin rev round. Arrested. Ran out of implants. Non co-operative during brigging. Claimed they just got here. Implants arrived. They said they'll go cata to spite me.
Left him to rot.