"Self-Antagging" via mining drops - clarify

Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

"Self-Antagging" via mining drops - clarify

Post by Fatal » #226231

Bottom post of the previous page:

After an issue the other day in which a QM drugged a miner who got the gluttonys blessing, or whatever turns you into a morph, and then stole said item and used it, and then proceeded to come into RnD, destroy the robotics console, destroy the RD console, attack us when the miner came to kill him for stealing the gluttonys blessing in the first place, and then eventually ended up with 3 of us dead in research and him releasing the tesla also, and that's just what I saw whilst I was alive

What is allowed when you use these mining drops that turn you into these things?

We need some clear policy on it because people seem to be varied on their opinions
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: "Self-Antagging" via mining drops - clarify

Post by Grazyn » #245325

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:As with any role, if someone attacks you, you have the right to defend yourself. The extent that you defend yourself is the problem.

Way I see it, if Robust McGreytide wants to try and take on an ash drake who is asking them to stop with a fire extinguisher, they deserve the upcoming gibbing they have in store, because they are attacking someone based purely on the fact "You aren't human, thus valid!" like people who chase monkeys. If they die, not because the drake attacked them, but because they attacked the ash drake, that is their own damn fault. There was no reason for them attacking, outside the "If it's not human, it's valid!" mind set.

Fuck those people, and fuck any admin who says you are not allowed to defend yourself. Don't chase them, and try to avoid gibbing them, but otherwise, defend yourself as needed.
And that's exactly why there needs to be some sort of policy, because we had admins saying that the simple act of going to the station as ash drake is escalation and you must expect to be attacked.

Also, unlike monkeys, morphs can't help being annoying, people will never assume that a morph is friendly, so they attack him, he defends himself, and ahelps start flowing again
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #245343

Kor wrote:http://ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats.htm ... auna_kills

>INVINCIBLE MINERS SELF ANTAGGING WITH CHAINSAWS EVERY ROUND
>bubblegum has been killed twice in 254 rounds

>INVINCIBLE MINERS MAKING ASH STORMS IN THE HALLS EVERY ROUND
>Legion has been killed 5 times in 254 rounds

>INVINCIBLE MINERS WITH THEIR VOICE OF GOD EVERY ROUND
>colossus 4 times

Drake is the only one that gets killed on a regular basis, and that's still an average of once every 3 rounds, so it seems doubtful that every miner is hunting dragons every round.
>mfw all the legion kills are probably me

Also every time i ever used the staff of storms most of the time i'd get tased and gg no re'd

I do it for fun if the round goes long enough otherwise i tend to hunt down drakes and bubbblegum.

Im the only one whoever kills the fucking thing on a regular basis.

But yeah even with voice of god i tend to not fuck with colossi.

Those stats seem oddly low though i tend to kill bubblegum pretty often

Probably over like 100 rounds since november self antag myself with the drake transformation and a blood contract.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #245387

At what point does this go from "it's a policy issue" to "it's a game/code issue"?
I say about here.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #245393

I don't see that theres a game/code issue though.

If I see someone with a stunbaton and I want it, I punch them, they harmbaton me back, this is an entirely a-ok situation.

The only difference is that some lavaland rewards (such as lesser drake) mean your minimum damage is very high, so I punch the lesser ashdrake, it attacks me back, I take a lot of damage but I just punched an ashdrake so really I'm lucky to not be dead.

Obviously people with lavaland rewards shouldn't go looking for murderboney happytimes but if you play stupid games, you'll win stupid prizes.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #333417

A player asked about the policy on a non-antag miner (it was nuke ops) using the gluttony syringe and killing him after being turned into a morph. Apparently IcePacks had said it was not okay to do that. This thread seems to suggest opposite. Was there any decided policy?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #333435

I'm pretty sure it's allowed, especially if it was war ops. Killing an antag isn't an antag action so it doesn't count as "Self antagging". Also
>these threads have a clear answer
>yet some admins ignore it
>people get warned/banned by admins disregarding policies
>they open new threads with the same questions about policies
>go to 1
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #333440

Kor wrote:
Fatal wrote:After an issue the other day in which a QM drugged a miner who got the gluttonys blessing, or whatever turns you into a morph, and then stole said item and used it, and then proceeded to come into RnD, destroy the robotics console, destroy the RD console, attack us when the miner came to kill him for stealing the gluttonys blessing in the first place, and then eventually ended up with 3 of us dead in research and him releasing the tesla also, and that's just what I saw whilst I was alive

What is allowed when you use these mining drops that turn you into these things?

We need some clear policy on it because people seem to be varied on their opinions
The policy on the morph thing is clear already, you're allowed to use it and act like a morph.

The syringe has been used 8 times this month on basil, out of 140 rounds. The chances of the ruin spawning, a miner finding it, and then returning alive to use the syringe are small. At least one of those morphs I saw was a podman who walked into lava after. If you can't handle random monsters turning up every once in a while this is not a good game for you to play.
From what most of the people said on this thread, if you get the morph thing, you can be as antag as you like, at least that was my understanding of it
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #333459

Bombadil wrote: Im the only one whoever kills the fucking thing on a regular basis.

Those stats seem oddly low though i tend to kill bubblegum pretty often

Probably over like 100 rounds since november self antag myself with the drake transformation and a blood contract.
  • Its amazing that coders got these griefy tools into the game then actual game-admins tell them they will be banned for using said tools
Also that you haven't been banned yet for being competent enough to kill bosses for loot which subsequently causes players & admins to froth at the mouth.
>INVINCIBLE MINERS SELF ANTAGGING WITH CHAINSAWS EVERY ROUND
Deconstruct and reassemble this

> Miners already viewed as pretty good, because they have nice upscaling for fire-proof riot suit dragon skin armor, and for mining points can stock up on full heals using the medical pens which can be applied through dragon suit & access to robust minerbots used to slaughter in the round on many occasions . Plus can set themselves on fire whenever they want to by harm intenting and pouring booze/fuel over themselves to set people on fire by running into them whilst being fireproof themselves on the station in a dragonskin riot suit

> Now give them antagonist status whenever they want in a object, then Kor goes and buffs it "Doomslayer Fixes/Balance #19485" is actually a buff, the title is false because nothing was actually detracted from it, except making them taser/projectile immune.

Really jogs the noggin why people might not like it, miners get access to the main PvP loot by killing common dragon bosses nevermind actually pursuing the rest for the more difficult but also griefing loot. Not a lot of it is actually PvE or communally beneficial.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333506

If science gets a phazon they should be able to kill the crew with it regardless of previous antag status since it is only built on rare occasions due to rng
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #333536

Grazyn wrote:I'm pretty sure it's allowed, especially if it was war ops. Killing an antag isn't an antag action so it doesn't count as "Self antagging". Also
>these threads have a clear answer
>yet some admins ignore it
>people get warned/banned by admins disregarding policies
>they open new threads with the same questions about policies
>go to 1
It wasn't war ops, not even close (stealth ops but all the ops fluked long ago). The person with the syringe didn't get warned or banned, and the person who ahelped was very confused and frustrated about that, hence bumping the thread.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #333560

Amazing as it may sound, because you can via rng get a pulse rifle as a drop from a gaming arcade vendor, it doesn't make you or anybody else valid, and you'll be expected to actually handle it properly and aim it with care away from other crewmembers.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333575

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Amazing as it may sound, because you can via rng get a pulse rifle as a drop from a gaming arcade vendor, it doesn't make you or anybody else valid, and you'll be expected to actually handle it properly and aim it with care away from other crewmembers.
That's the one thing I would honestly not mind because it's 1 in a million
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current