"Self-Antagging" via mining drops - clarify

Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

"Self-Antagging" via mining drops - clarify

Post by Fatal » #226231

Bottom post of the previous page:

After an issue the other day in which a QM drugged a miner who got the gluttonys blessing, or whatever turns you into a morph, and then stole said item and used it, and then proceeded to come into RnD, destroy the robotics console, destroy the RD console, attack us when the miner came to kill him for stealing the gluttonys blessing in the first place, and then eventually ended up with 3 of us dead in research and him releasing the tesla also, and that's just what I saw whilst I was alive

What is allowed when you use these mining drops that turn you into these things?

We need some clear policy on it because people seem to be varied on their opinions
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: "Self-Antagging" via mining drops - clarify

Post by kevinz000 » #228465

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:You could have killed the drake
You could have killed the 30 gold slime mobs
You could have bombed the singulo someone released
You could have killed yourself
Now see this is actually pretty dumb since you can kill a morph with less than a full clip from an egun. They're actually pretty fragile and even if they're disguised as something tiny bullets still won't go over them. If you weld vents, morphs are basically RIP.
Oh come on! It only takes 15 lasers to kill a lesser ash drake. What's the issue? They only have 300 health! They only heal by eating a body!
Oh come on! It only takes a couple lasers per mob! They don't even self heal and you can easily kite them and heal!
Oh come on! It's easy to BoHbomb a singulo to death! Takes like 4 if you're lucky! What's the issue here? Get good!
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #228497

kevinz000 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Now see this is actually pretty dumb since you can kill a morph with less than a full clip from an egun. They're actually pretty fragile and even if they're disguised as something tiny bullets still won't go over them. If you weld vents, morphs are basically RIP.
Oh come on! It only takes 15 lasers to kill a lesser ash drake. What's the issue? They only have 300 health! They only heal by eating a body!
Oh come on! It only takes a couple lasers per mob! They don't even self heal and you can easily kite them and heal!
Oh come on! It's easy to BoHbomb a singulo to death! Takes like 4 if you're lucky! What's the issue here? Get good!
How dare YOU ask ME to respond to dangers and try to fix it??????

Fucking power gamers get the fuck out of my server reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #228504

kevinz000 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
I don't think you're a botany main, so may I ask how did you obtained all that straw?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #228508

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I don't think you're a botany main, so may I ask how did you obtained all that straw?
Borrowed some from me, I've got an excess stockpile.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #228525

Saegrimr wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:I don't think you're a botany main, so may I ask how did you obtained all that straw?
excess? Got any cobble?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #228538

to be more specific

the issue isnt with morph syringes specifically it's that mining's drops allow you to do it in the first place.

i dont think lavaland is horrible, it has great atmosphere but the trend to make it a snowflake land with snowflake drops is just really bad, why does it have to be powergame: the job. (hint: bring back asteroids)

also a morph seems to have a huge fucking pool of health or that was changed cause once I saw it get manged by a chainsaw but still be at half: who knew that fat green piece of shit was humanity's top predator using only a table or a pen??

morphs can be non-dense depending on the thing they're disguised as im p sure. anyways, even if the morph is pretty weak it can eat: armory, telecomms, RnD, the goose gen and goose feeder, the orm and more crucial shit because a miner got lucky so now he has to shit up the round for others in the most banal ways that other antags can not do, but this is excused because it's a rare event.

some of the most powerful items in the game come from lavaland: see: heirophant staff, staff of storms, drake armour, SPELLS (not sure if changed), YOU CAN GET BASICALLY ADRENALS AS A GUARANTEED ITEM USING YOUR SNOWFLAKE POINTS (in the code it says the stims are for goliath kiting, you can lure a goliath even if you're a braindead paraplegic not even an aids-ridden 90 year old missing both of his feet cant lure away a goliath)
Last edited by bman on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #228546

Kor wrote:mfw a miner comes back covered in strange looking loot and I just tase him
let's take the time to absolutely shit on this statement.

mfw i attempt to tase a stimmed up as fuck miner who proceeds to....

1. turn the entire hallway into an ashstormed hell.

2. make a purple hell of squares that burns you a shitton.

3. shoot-and-scoot me with his infinite ammo rifle and even if i land a tase he has stims and will get up pretty fast if i dont react as soon as i land the hit

4. turn into a dragon and gib me. (shapeshift, now you can turn your valid-state on and off oh nice)

5. turn into a morph and eat the armory and then me.

6. magic motherfucker magic.

7. yell for 1 or 2 other miners with similar if not more power to come and fuck you the hell up

8. blood brood to accompany that other shit just as a fuck you creaming on the shit cake.

9. get his upgraded minerbot to 3-shot crit you.

10. two, more, or ALL of the above.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228571

I've no joke killed morphs as HoP on my first try without needing to reload. Bullets don't travel over them, they don't have ranged options like a drake, the only real safe thing they can do is vent crawl, and they die with something like 5 lasers. Literally get good
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #228589

Alipheese wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
excess? Got any cobble?
No I used it all sorry
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've no joke killed morphs as HoP on my first try without needing to reload. Bullets don't travel over them, they don't have ranged options like a drake, the only real safe thing they can do is vent crawl, and they die with something like 5 lasers. Literally get good
Yeah, I don't see how the drake is comparable to the morph when morph doesn't have an altclick quickescape that also spreads fire around the general vicinity & instakills stunned people [not sure if it kills people who are up since they usually are able to escape it].
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #228605

bman wrote:
Kor wrote:mfw a miner comes back covered in strange looking loot and I just tase him
let's take the time to absolutely shit on this statement.

mfw i attempt to tase a stimmed up as fuck miner who proceeds to....

1. turn the entire hallway into an ashstormed hell.

2. make a purple hell of squares that burns you a shitton.

3. shoot-and-scoot me with his infinite ammo rifle and even if i land a tase he has stims and will get up pretty fast if i dont react as soon as i land the hit

4. turn into a dragon and gib me. (shapeshift, now you can turn your valid-state on and off oh nice)

5. turn into a morph and eat the armory and then me.

6. magic motherfucker magic.

7. yell for 1 or 2 other miners with similar if not more power to come and fuck you the hell up

8. blood brood to accompany that other shit just as a fuck you creaming on the shit cake.

9. get his upgraded minerbot to 3-shot crit you.

10. two, more, or ALL of the above.
I'd go through this point by point but you complaining about a 10 damage, 3 range gun suggests it probably isn't worth it. That and listing "his friends might help"

>if a miner mines for 2 hours and his 2 miner friends also do it and they've killed every boss and they all attack at once my roundstart gear might have trouble stopping them

git gud
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228617

In his defense that last post about sentient murderous minebots is pretty legit. Those guys are strong as fuck
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bman
Github User

Post by bman » #228618

Kor wrote:
I'd go through this point by point but you complaining about a 10 damage, 3 range gun suggests it probably isn't worth it. That and listing "his friends might help"

>if a miner mines for 2 hours and his 2 miner friends also do it and they've killed every boss and they all attack at once my roundstart gear might have trouble stopping them

git gud
damage doesnt matter when you're a fast motherfucker that cant be stunned

also if sure, replace 10 damage gun with the survival knife/katana/armblade/staff of lava/other melee shit from lavaland
and there you have it mang (and you dont even need to mine for the knife wew ladder)

i think we're getting offtopic
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #228650

Are you arguing about miners self antagging or just miners? I think there's a fine line between the two.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #228651

survival knife
>A force 15 weapon

Yeah this is pretty far off topic
D&B

Post by D&B » #228668

>Implying any miner can reliably kill all three kinds of megafauna
>Further implying that a round will last long enough to get all that shit.

Show me in this doll where the miner touched you.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #228671

D&B wrote:>Implying any miner can reliably kill all three kinds of megafauna

Everywhere cause the miner killed them all.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #228766

Kor wrote:A blanket "you can't fight back at all" rule would just empower the kinds of garbage players who already run up and try to murder sentient pets/xenobio monsters while they run away screaming "friendly"
This shit is caustic as hell. I still have a goal I've been trying to reach off and on for a year or so now: Turn myself into a monkey, get a camera, get pictures of myself with every head of staff before getting valid-boned by some autist. It's a pain in the ass because half the time 3 or 4 assistants will chase you non stop trying to kill you because they're bored.
--Crocodillo

bman
Github User

Post by bman » #229346

the point is, even if they kill just 1 megafauna, mining makes miners the most powerful people on the station, even more than security

you know this better than anyone repukan :honk:
kor wrote:>15 force weapon
oh sorry i meant to say spectral sword :^)
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #229460

>if mining completes the most difficult challenge in their job whether through mastery of the game or through grinding better gear with RD first and then get a lucky drop they are stronger on an individual basis than my starting gear

No shit. RD finishing a mech will also roll a single security officer, and scientists don't have to expose themselves to harm at all to get that stuff.

Do you think people should just not get an appreciable reward for doing the job with the highest fatality rate in the game?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #229506

Why not remove megafauna, use them for events, and make lavaland less dangerous? It's more friendly to new miners, encourages miners to actually mine instead of boss-hunt, gives admins cool monsters to use in events, and stops miners coming back to the station with OP loot only they can get.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #229510

>when u feel poes law come into effect
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
D&B

Post by D&B » #229511

TheNightingale wrote:Why not remove megafauna, use them for events, and make lavaland less dangerous? It's more friendly to new miners, encourages miners to actually mine instead of boss-hunt, gives admins cool monsters to use in events, and stops miners coming back to the station with OP loot only they can get.
Why not remove xenobio too since it distracts scientists from doing research and allows them to spawn op monsters on station.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #229531

Megafauna was a mistake and is too spammy in the lavaland to be anything other than an extreme-nuisance to anyone who doesn't give a single fuck about their loot (like me). I honestly have never even, once still, bothered to fight bubblegum or colossus or drake. They don't add anything to the experience other than a lock for some extreme loot; loot which does not interest me. It'd be less irritating if the monsters had some logic and caps but you can get them right outside your outpost just like everything else. Multiples. In a cluster. So fuck megafauna.
D&B

Post by D&B » #229532

You know megafauna is not a problem if you check your gps
Spoiler:
fuck you
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #230710

It is specifically stated in the Ash Drake entry on the wiki page, and I believe when you drink the blood and transform into a drake that you are told YOU ARE NOT AN ANTAG BECAUSE OF THIS TRANSFORMATION

You do not suddenly lose your sapience and become a feral beast. This is not the case when you become a slime or use a mind transfer potion from xenobiology, and this should apply to any transformation in the game. Just like when you are hit by a bolt of polymorph, JUST because you became a xeno doesn't mean you get to run around mauling faces off, you are given the ability to still speak to other characters, instead of "Hiss hiss" all the time.

The people who should be getting the banhammer are the assholes who go "Not human, FREE VALID WOOOH!" on anything they see walking around. Seriously, if the Ash Drake, slime, xeno, ask you to STOP HITTING IT before it mauls your face off because you didn't stop hitting it, it's your own god damn fault for getting mauled to death. Really, if you attack someone, ANYONE, they have the right to defend themselves from you. If you don't back off after they try avoiding you, or get a few good swings in to hurt you before backing off, obviously you are trying to kill them and as such need to be killed first.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #230733

Problem is, admins in the original ban appeal thread which sparked this whole discussion explicitly said that just going to the station as ash drake qualifies as "provocation" and makes you valid. Someone even compared a friendly drake to a friendly wizard, except of course for the fact that a wizard is allowed to defend himself. And I don't think we got a definite admin ruling here about drakes and self defense yet.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #230767

I've returned to the station as an ash drake in the past. My fellow miners heralded my arrival, I slowly moved into the station, saying hello to anyone who ran across me, and just stomped around as the new crew mascot. A couple times someone would shoot at me, and I'd yell at them to stop, then request a monkey corpse to rip apart to heal myself. Those that didn't stop, I took a chunk out of and lit on fire, while yelling at them to stop being an idiot and to listen to the giant dragon trying to speak to them politely. I did end up killing on person, because they went full valid hunter mode, and didn't stop attacking me until I dropped him. I dragged him around, and asked the captain if I could eat him, because he refused to stop harming me. Captain said it was okay, because he earned it for attacking a friendly dragon who was once a crew member.

Not so much as a single bwoik during all this. Must have been back in August or July I think.

And if an admin is going to say "It's okay to attack ash drakes because valid" and "Ash drakes can't protect themselves from attackers, because you aren't an antag" fuck that admin. If someone attacks you, you can fight back. Doesn't matter how one sided the fight is, or if you're transformed or not, you can protect yourself. If you have to kill them to protect yourself, so be it, they are the one who attacked you.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #230780

This is the ban thread, go and read the relevant posts for yourself. I too have seen peaceful drakes defending themselves and not get banned, but since it appears that the issue is handled differently depending on the admin, we need a clear ruling, a policy. Thus this thread.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #230863

I've done it occasionally.

Also your forgetting the Legion. Thats 4.

I've taken down ash drake, bubblegum and legion in the same round quite a few times. I never do colossus though its rewards are shit.

Some rounds i kill multiple ash drakes. I think the max is 3.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #230865

Grazyn wrote:This is the ban thread, go and read the relevant posts for yourself. I too have seen peaceful drakes defending themselves and not get banned, but since it appears that the issue is handled differently depending on the admin, we need a clear ruling, a policy. Thus this thread.
Saegrimmr always has a stick up their ass. They should of kept hte Judge Dredd shit really fits them.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
D&B

Post by D&B » #230867

Bombadil wrote:

I've done it occasionally.

Also your forgetting the Legion. Thats 4.

I've taken down ash drake, bubblegum and legion in the same round quite a few times. I never do colossus though its rewards are shit.

Some rounds i kill multiple ash drakes. I think the max is 3.
My point is that not all miners can do this, and most rounds end before you can reach the GPS tags (unless they spawn relatively close)

I kill a lot of shit in the reg too but then again I'm one of the few like you probably are, too.
Spoiler:
fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #230882

Kor wrote:>if mining completes the most difficult challenge in their job whether through mastery of the game or through grinding better gear with RD first and then get a lucky drop they are stronger on an individual basis than my starting gear

No shit. RD finishing a mech will also roll a single security officer, and scientists don't have to expose themselves to harm at all to get that stuff.

Do you think people should just not get an appreciable reward for doing the job with the highest fatality rate in the game?
I think you've hit an interesting note here, some jobs can level themselves in some way but security and everyone else has to form a good working relationship with RD so they can get access to the powerful weapons.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #243191

oranges wrote:
Kor wrote:>if mining completes the most difficult challenge in their job whether through mastery of the game or through grinding better gear with RD first and then get a lucky drop they are stronger on an individual basis than my starting gear

I think you've hit an interesting note here, some jobs can level themselves in some way but security and everyone else has to form a good working relationship with RD so they can get access to the powerful weapons.
As a local expert, lack of good working relationship leads to passive or sometimes active aggressive 'moonlighting' in both the civil (im going to beg HOP for access just so i can abuse the facilities & completely ignore the job plus house rules with my old radio/clothes/access etc) and aggressive (im going to just break the windows & smash the monitor to unlock it and leave the lab in a mess) ways. Don't take this as a forced meme but more as a statement of behavior please.

Miners see themselves as dependent on science to get a head start, but ego trip with the prospect of becoming the most powerful staffmember on the station via metagame, even more powerful than the HOS or Captain (Who both have armor & a personal arsenal of weapons via brig/small arms). The worst snowflake miners will completely ignore science and apply force to get what they want, then never deliver future minerals by bad circumstances (they die to the lose clause of chasms/gibbed by monsters) or addictive scoreboard/loot chasing.

> In my day without the mining tool bloat, asteroid used to be pure and the persons commited to playing the largely lonely job were fixed on the job. Part of the addiction of monsterhunting as confided by a miner themselves is that they are doing it just because they are so lonely IC and you can imagine the dopamine hit they get from achieving things in silence & then parading with self antag/loot later.

Science to cargo is impersonal, science only has to interact with a ORM, there's not even a comprehensive courier service given that there are secure mulebots & a disposals system that can do the job and cargo techs & the QM are largely left out of proceedings given that its exclusive to the mining which is treated as a separate entity more and more given that mining doesn't actually contribute anything directly to cargo, more a case that the QM/HOP just takes goods out of mining because they are the boss.
oranges wrote:
Kor wrote:I've tried to remove lavaland half a dozen times stop closing my PRs
you don't use a cruise missile to kill a mouse
What if its a 30 foot mouse with 15 units of armour, a sword that blocks damage sometimes fully based on inconsistent/popularity derived OOC action & is constantly on fire making you unable to melee them? Oh, and a lava/storm rod that forces a sometimes unavoidable environmental hazard upon you which will kill you very dead.

The sword dismembers you too, so they could cut off your head, debrain you & throw your brain into some lava. Sometimes they get a spell that gives them a chainsaw & free antag with all the prior points buffed up.

Spoiler:
D&B

Post by D&B » #243193

You know at most only 2 people can achieve all that loot.

I would take your rambling more seriously if you leveled and opened your eyes to the fact that a huge margin of miners aren't the top scorers, and that even top scorers contribute their fair share of minerals before going hunting.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #243199

D&B wrote: I would take your rambling more seriously if you leveled and opened your eyes to the fact that a huge margin of miners aren't the top scorers, and that even top scorers contribute their fair share of minerals before going hunting.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #243202

>free antag

I see this phrase thrown around often but it has never made any sense to me considering the basic way of getting antagonist costs literally nothing and requires no effort
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #243206

I think they use "free antag" to mean "free from the round start rng roulette" without realising that the ruins and the loot themselves are bound to a rng roulette. I would even say that your chances of rolling antag by playing any job round after round are the same as finding "free antag" loot by playing miner round after round
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #243243

Alipheese wrote:
D&B wrote: I would take your rambling more seriously if you leveled and opened your eyes to the fact that a huge margin of miners aren't the top scorers, and that even top scorers contribute their fair share of minerals before going hunting.
I am addressing the problem, not the intermediary. The 'Goal' is to become those high score miners but they lack the experience to do the job with as much finesse, the way i see it is that low tier miners without access to loot drops are just nymphs or larva, underdeveloped and mostly on level with the rest of us.
Kor wrote:>free antag

I see this phrase thrown around often but it has never made any sense to me considering the basic way of getting antagonist costs literally nothing and requires no effort
Doctors note to be shit because ghosting out at roundstart because you didn't get antag is forbidden. Most people without antag are like caged animals that will jump at almost any opportunity to ruin the game for others.

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #243251

I don't think that ghosting or committing suicide at roundstart is forbidden, unless you're a head. It's pretty common too because if you ghost immediately you have more chance to become an antag (nuke op reinforcement, apprentice, replacing another antag etc.). By allowing it you also have the bonus of removing people who will likely create trouble from the round
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #243384

Grazyn wrote:I don't think that ghosting or committing suicide at roundstart is forbidden, unless you're a head. It's pretty common too because if you ghost immediately you have more chance to become an antag (nuke op reinforcement, apprentice, replacing another antag etc.). By allowing it you also have the bonus of removing people who will likely create trouble from the round
First, see rule five about round start suicides and some other information of suiciding/ghosting.

Secondly, people who consistently are observed as committing suicide when they lose the antagonist role and only seek to play as antagonist may get talked to and possibly antagonist banned. This generally doesn't happen too often or it isn't detected as people will play through the round somewhat, but you'll run into people who are only rolling for antagonist that may also take more important positions to only suicide or cause shit. We won't take action when it's something that happens every so often; such as someone joining as a botanist and then changed their mind about wanting to play that round.
Freedom
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #243386

Why not add an "only join if antag" option to the setup menu? If you get antag, you join; otherwise you observe. Poof, people who only play for antag can do so, and we don't have a bunch of catatonics cluttering the halls.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #243389

TheNightingale wrote:Why not add an "only join if antag" option to the setup menu? If you get antag, you join; otherwise you observe. Poof, people who only play for antag can do so, and we don't have a bunch of catatonics cluttering the halls.
Already was tried.
Freedom
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #243431

http://ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats.htm ... auna_kills

>INVINCIBLE MINERS SELF ANTAGGING WITH CHAINSAWS EVERY ROUND
>bubblegum has been killed twice in 254 rounds

>INVINCIBLE MINERS MAKING ASH STORMS IN THE HALLS EVERY ROUND
>Legion has been killed 5 times in 254 rounds

>INVINCIBLE MINERS WITH THEIR VOICE OF GOD EVERY ROUND
>colossus 4 times

Drake is the only one that gets killed on a regular basis, and that's still an average of once every 3 rounds, so it seems doubtful that every miner is hunting dragons every round.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #243509

Kor wrote:snip about megafauna kills
Thats fair enough, in saying that maybe perhaps they dont actually get the loot as often as they would like.

However the impact of them being killed & the loot transferred seems to be longer than it actually is because people round by round, back to back usually stay in the same miner role & do exactly the same thing, over and over for this loot because that's all the benefits of their job entails, there isn't some sunset retreat for miners like other jobs who usually cap out, its either

> Its mentioned that digging rocks is boring, hence just grinding for boss fights then using 'over-powered' proceeds to self antag/grief within capacity with a unfair handicap of better loot than anywhere else in the game is slightly understandable.
Spoiler:
My personal opinion is that its a slippery slope that's already been travelled & server culture demise of your own making kor given you've changed the format to be more of a RPG adventure with needless additional elements on lavaland. You can't even colonise lavaland because of the risk of all these action orientated hazards you've put in. Its more or less ruined a mediocre job, where the exploration element has been bastardized and overcomplicated with bosses & gimmicks rather than miners digging through rock to find things naturally and using the proceeds they find.
It feels like a age when a traitor murderbones the station with no admins on to 'dispose' of them or call a shuttle, it summarily just feels like a age when a miner abuses their position & via becoming a drake/morph/chainsaw douche to do exactly the same thing

Spoiler:
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #243510

I don't mind the other mining shit, but the gluttony syringe has always been cancer. It's an extremely low effort item and "well it only shits up X% of rounds" isn't a great excuse when it has virtually no reason to exist in the first place. You can justify the other miner memes that drop off bosses since people need an incentive/reward for tacking a big baddie. But "hey I walked into a ruin, ate shit on the floor, and now I'm an antag that people frequently request to trade 20TC for", is not really a good tradeoff.

Morphs are terrible too, they arent the only antags in a round so its not as simple as rallying the station to weld the vents and hunt it down. The first thing any experienced morph is going to do is pop into the armory and eat all the guns. Just remove the damn syringe and make it something that makes the player vomit slimes like the Abductor organ. You can argue about the "cost" it imposes on rounds all you want, there is simply no benefit to its existence. There's already dozens of rare and powerful items that are exclusive to mining, we don't need effortless morph syringes to make mining exploration rewarding.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #243529

Make the morphing not a pick up and happen on the spot in the ruin. There now the risk is infiltrating through outpost back to the station when you can't use a computer. Actually needed to use your stealth capabilities instead of vent crawl shit.
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #244061

I do not believe any miner loot should provide antag for the user. If anything, let them become a morph, but they are not given free reign to be a total ass, just like with the drake blood potion. Do not have items lying around that give people permission to be pricks, because you will get more people joining mining solely for the chance to get antag if they don't roll it before spawn.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #244266

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:I do not believe any miner loot should provide antag for the user. If anything, let them become a morph, but they are not given free reign to be a total ass, just like with the drake blood potion. Do not have items lying around that give people permission to be pricks, because you will get more people joining mining solely for the chance to get antag if they don't roll it before spawn.
This is the worst because then you are still valid to everyone but you can't defend yourself. And this leads to more threads asking to clarify the policy and so on
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #245069

As with any role, if someone attacks you, you have the right to defend yourself. The extent that you defend yourself is the problem.

Way I see it, if Robust McGreytide wants to try and take on an ash drake who is asking them to stop with a fire extinguisher, they deserve the upcoming gibbing they have in store, because they are attacking someone based purely on the fact "You aren't human, thus valid!" like people who chase monkeys. If they die, not because the drake attacked them, but because they attacked the ash drake, that is their own damn fault. There was no reason for them attacking, outside the "If it's not human, it's valid!" mind set.

Fuck those people, and fuck any admin who says you are not allowed to defend yourself. Don't chase them, and try to avoid gibbing them, but otherwise, defend yourself as needed.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #245151

Kor wrote:http://ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats.htm ... auna_kills

>INVINCIBLE MINERS SELF ANTAGGING WITH CHAINSAWS EVERY ROUND
>bubblegum has been killed twice in 254 rounds

>INVINCIBLE MINERS MAKING ASH STORMS IN THE HALLS EVERY ROUND
>Legion has been killed 5 times in 254 rounds

>INVINCIBLE MINERS WITH THEIR VOICE OF GOD EVERY ROUND
>colossus 4 times

Drake is the only one that gets killed on a regular basis, and that's still an average of once every 3 rounds, so it seems doubtful that every miner is hunting dragons every round.
It's a new thing added to lavaland that will totally ruin everything in every round episode again
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #245325

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:As with any role, if someone attacks you, you have the right to defend yourself. The extent that you defend yourself is the problem.

Way I see it, if Robust McGreytide wants to try and take on an ash drake who is asking them to stop with a fire extinguisher, they deserve the upcoming gibbing they have in store, because they are attacking someone based purely on the fact "You aren't human, thus valid!" like people who chase monkeys. If they die, not because the drake attacked them, but because they attacked the ash drake, that is their own damn fault. There was no reason for them attacking, outside the "If it's not human, it's valid!" mind set.

Fuck those people, and fuck any admin who says you are not allowed to defend yourself. Don't chase them, and try to avoid gibbing them, but otherwise, defend yourself as needed.
And that's exactly why there needs to be some sort of policy, because we had admins saying that the simple act of going to the station as ash drake is escalation and you must expect to be attacked.

Also, unlike monkeys, morphs can't help being annoying, people will never assume that a morph is friendly, so they attack him, he defends himself, and ahelps start flowing again