wait, are borers antagonists?

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

wait, are borers antagonists?

Post by Armhulen » #226852

We've added Borers to the wiki but it's still pretty unclear if they're antagonists or not. I figured they're like abductors, which are antagonists, but they cannot kill. Maybe Abductors should be moved to special? Maybe Borer should be moved to antagonists? I don't know. Borers are actually the least traitorous traitor and i'm confuse.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: wait, are borers antagonists?

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #226853

Armhulen wrote:We've added Borers to the wiki but it's still pretty unclear if they're antagonists or not. I figured they're like abductors, which are antagonists, but they cannot kill. Maybe Abductors should be moved to special? Maybe Borer should be moved to antagonists? I don't know. Borers are actually the least traitorous traitor and i'm confuse.
Here's the thread on abductors we had a few weeks ago. The closest thing to a ruling I can find is Shaps' comment:
If someone's trying to twist a really innocent abduction objective into "lmao murderbone" feel free to step in and tell them to cut that shit out, we have precedent for abductees being heavily gimped antags, and I'll be damned if we just sit back and say "well our players are too dumb/malicious to engage in light hearted fruit robbing from the kitchen instead of mass murder"
Given that, it sounds like Abductors and Borers do not fall under the antagonist banner.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #226854

Abductors are antag though. Their implants can negatively affect the person or others, and some of their rewards are purely damage oriented.

Abductees ate pseudo-antags with meme goals.

Borers, a creature that can either help you, or gimp your round by pumping you full of mind numbing drugs, and able to take over your body are not antag?

Is this some advanced form of gameplay cuck mechanic?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #226856

Abductors are discouraged from murderboning simply because abductees only count for the objective if they're alive at round end. Borers on the other end don't get a clear objective, they just need to reproduce and make sure that some infected escape on the shuttle, it's pretty obvious that violence may be involved to achieve that objective, expecially when you have someone actively hunting down borers and hosts. In some extreme cases, I can picture borers going on a rampage to ensure their survival
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #226861

Ayys aren't allowed to /teleports behind u into the armory and rampage, that doesn't mean they aren't antag, dummies. Borers are +3 worms that want to assimilate the entire station into their hivemind, they also are antags.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #226863

If borers only exist [since they aren't antags and can't antagonize] to be literally pocket medics that OCCASIONALLY have to take control to make more pocket medics, please remove them.

Conceptually, they are the most anti-antag antag we have. Their goal is to keep reproducing(which requires alive humans) and antagonists [outside of maybe team modes, which still kill people] negatively impact their objective. From how I've seen them used, they're typically pocket medics for the validhunters or the host is generally apathetic about them taking over occasionally to spit [since they get free pocket medic I guess]. I did have one guy try to kill my borers after I controlled him, which I just reassumed control and sliced him up until crit then left him [which is pretty shit that a side-""antag"" can just kill someone like that, but that's for the code thread], but that's a rare incident for me.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #226876

Make reproducing require the borer to eat a brain, with one brain equals three borer spawn. This incentivizes people to not want to get borer'd because after infection they could kill you at any moment by eating YOUR brain, or if they manage and infect you to try and play along and be a good host to prevent their brain being eaten.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #226877

Grazyn wrote:Abductors are discouraged from murderboning simply because abductees only count for the objective if they're alive at round end.
This isn't true but i'm fine with people believing that
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #226879

Really? I thought it was made so exactly because abductors were teleporting abductees straight into singulo or in space after implanting them.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #226926

borers basically exist to be the perfect antag hunter. antag cuts up your guy? revive him, heal him, jump out and shadowling glare stun the antag, climb into them and stab them to death with the help from your revived host

pretty lame in execution. i wish they were reworked to be more antaggy and less valid hunty.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #226935

ShadowDimentio wrote:Make reproducing require the borer to eat a brain, with one brain equals three borer spawn. This incentivizes people to not want to get borer'd because after infection they could kill you at any moment by eating YOUR brain, or if they manage and infect you to try and play along and be a good host to prevent their brain being eaten.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #226944

Quoting yourself is like sucking your own dick
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #226950

I'm very confident in that being a good idea.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #226952

PKPenguin321 wrote:borers basically exist to be the perfect antag hunter. antag cuts up your guy? revive him, heal him, jump out and shadowling glare stun the antag, climb into them and stab them to death with the help from your revived host

pretty lame in execution. i wish they were reworked to be more antaggy and less valid hunty.
Is your host a ling? Well just space them out of the airlock before the shuttle hops to centcomm!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #226966

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:borers basically exist to be the perfect antag hunter. antag cuts up your guy? revive him, heal him, jump out and shadowling glare stun the antag, climb into them and stab them to death with the help from your revived host

Is your host a ling? Well just space them out of the airlock before the shuttle hops to centcomm!
triggered
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #226983

abductors are literally an antagonist gamemode from the code, stop being retarded

borers are a mini-antag from the code, stop being retarded
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #226987

okay, i will FINALLY change the wiki to reflect what has been said

thank you
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #227006

Let borers lay eggs inside people that burst out of them as three borers. Have borers evolve into things like snail monsters or some shit like that
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #227092

I think it's stupid that there is literally no way that you can prevent being infected.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #227103

Borers are parasites and by that definition need humans. They are antags, but their success and survival lays in hosts and the hosts not being fucked with/cooperative, for the most part. If someone is trying to actively get borers removed, then one is entirely justified in mind controlling its host and shooting that agitator into space.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #227122

They get a team objective, so they should be treated like team antags. Borers who use hosts to flood plasma, release tesla or cuban pete the station shouldn't fall under the "ecksdee I'm antag lol" blanket
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #227482

CPTANT wrote:I think it's stupid that there is literally no way that you can prevent being infected.
Headgear like helmets prevents it. Playing sec in borer town is like being the straight man in a world gone mad.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #227540

Incomptinence wrote:
CPTANT wrote:I think it's stupid that there is literally no way that you can prevent being infected.
Headgear like helmets prevents it. Playing sec in borer town is like being the straight man in a world gone mad.
Last time I was infected through a hardsuit with helmet on.....
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #227548

here's a tip, the borer stun is instant and unavoidable...unless it has to choose it's target. always bring a friend!
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #228156

CPTANT wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:
Last time I was infected through a hardsuit with helmet on.....
Weird I have had borers crawl past my stunned sec body and just stare at me.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #228174

No matter the policy, if you don't want everyone to automatically ASSUME they're evil mind-control parasites whose hosts should walk out the first available airlock? Then calling them "Borers" is probably a really bad idea.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #228551

CPTANT wrote:Last time I was infected through a hardsuit with helmet on.....
borer was me
incompitence wrote:Weird I have had borers crawl past my stunned sec body and just stare at me.
borer was also me if you were the guy on the pod being stun-murdered

it's pretty bullshit but if you dont have it that way people will wear hardsuits and helmets JUST to not have borers.

it's like is-a-lizard cutting one of their arms off so aliens can probe them
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #228553

bman wrote:it's like is-a-lizard cutting one of their arms off so aliens can probe them
is this an actual thing

if so I'm making a fix
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #228573

iamgoofball wrote:
bman wrote:it's like is-a-lizard cutting one of their arms off so aliens can probe them
is this an actual thing

if so I'm making a fix
Well yes since you can't be cuffed with one arm
Spoiler: