New Silicon Policy, /Silicons Policy General/

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

New Silicon Policy, /Silicons Policy General/

Post by Pandarsenic » #17826

Read this before posting. http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf Read this before posting.
As of June 4, 2014, http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf is the official repository and reference document for /tg/station13 silicon policy. If something is wrong or out of date, let me know immediately. I will post updates, a changelog, and possibly a list of overturned silicon bans and denied silicon ban requests that come through here with explanations, if people would like to submit them to me for addition.
The goal is to create a concise listing of things that are active policy and necessary information to follow that policy, with an understanding that this is primarily a precedent reference guide for people lacking experience with /tg/station13 and/or with our silicons.
This will be our /Silicon Policy General/ and the administrative team will (one hopes) take playerbase feedback about what should or should not be the case into account, but it is not obligated or guaranteed to make your opinion law.

You can use this as a place for general discussion, ask-an-admin hypotheticals, and so on. Also, if Callan speaks here, I'm just going to go ahead and say he almost certainly speaks with my full support of just about anything he says as official until and unless I state otherwise.

I'm going to moderate this topic aggressively. ANY shitposting, shitflinging, aggressive attitude towards each other or admins, and so on will be warned and deleted. No exceptions. You will discuss this matter civilly or not at all. If you have a complaint about a particular admin and how they handle silicon matters, make an admincomplaint with logs or specific dates/times and I'll look at it.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Pandarsenic

Re: New Silicon Policy: Old Silicon Policy, but Written and

Post by Pandarsenic » #17827

Policy Updates
  • 2014.06.01 - July 1, HULKS ARE NO LONGER HUMAN as determined by HBL, Pandarsenic, and Deuryn(?) probably but he couldn't be contacted so it's 2/3 anyway.
  • 2014.06.05 - July 5, written policy is adopted http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf in a 10-6 Adminbus Vote. No adjustment needed for hulk nonhumanity.
Written Policy Changelog
  • 2014.07.08 - July 8, 2.5.2.1 - You must not bolt the following areas at round-start or without reason to do so despite their human harm potential: the Chemistry lab; the Genetics Lab; the Toxins Lab; the Robotics Lab; the Atmospherics division; the Armory; the Secure Tech Storage. Any other department should not be bolted down simply for Rule 1 reasons.
Silicon Policy Adoption Process Archive
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #17828

Post Reserved for miscellaneous use.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #17829

Pandarsenic wrote:Post Reserved for miscellaneous use.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #17830

Pandarsenic wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:Post Reserved for miscellaneous use.
Blonkz
Byond Username: Blonkz

Re: New Silicon Policy, /Silicons Policy General/

Post by Blonkz » #17870

Best thing ever happened to tgstation!
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #17873

It finally happened.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #17893

Discussion time? Discussion time.

Ok so last night I believe it was, I uploaded "Protect Station" and got Amessaged for it by a headmin.

Not complaining about that, I dont disagree with his issue of my uploading of it, its very powerful law open to very round ending, nasty interpretation.

Would I WOULD like to see though, is having that board placed on that "big bad mean do not use unless u bad guy" table with boards such as "Antimov" and "One Human", because up until now I've always used that board without a problem, and seeing something on that table is a pretty damn good indication that you really shouldn't touch that unless you either mean to de-con it or are antag.
/vg/station Head Admin
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #17894

I'll agree that ProtectStation should be considered a high-risk module. Should be a simple enough pull request if you ask a coder or if I do (or just submit it period), though I'm not sure how mapping on Box and Metastation is handled.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #17917

The Rules page has been updated.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #17924

Just finished reading the new ruleset for silicons. I'm glad that Pandarsenic has put a lot of time and effort into this, and they did a great job.
:^)
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #17951

Extremely good and motivated work pandar and everyone else involved in shaping these policies.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #18003

other server policies 2.1 says that secure tech storage cannot be bolted at roundstart, but asimov/law 2 2.2 says that secure tech storage may be kept as secure as the upload for as long as the upload board is there
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #18007

miggles wrote:other server policies 2.1 says that secure tech storage cannot be bolted at roundstart, but asimov/law 2 2.2 says that secure tech storage may be kept as secure as the upload for as long as the upload board is there
So bolt it at code blue, I guess? Iunno, 2.2.2 refers to people saying like, "Law 2, let me take the AI Upload."
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #18010

2.6.4 - A human-appearing organic can be known to be a changeling (a harmful nonhuman that has killed at least one human already) if it changes to or from a monkey without apparent cause, if it grows an arm blade or a biological space suit, if it emits a Resonant or Dissonant Shriek, if it is observed using a proboscis, if it releases spiderlings, or if a large number of reasonably trustworthy humans can confirm it has done one of these. If a probable human claims to be a changeling, you can believe or disbelieve based on context.

How can a cyborg/AI distinguish the EMP shriek from a traitor's EMP implant? One is just a dangerous human and the other is a horrid monster from space.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #18016

Secure tech storage is different from tech storage. Secure tech not being bolted at roundstart is 100$ retarded if you're an AI. It should totally be allowed.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #18028

CreationPro wrote:2.6.4 - A human-appearing organic can be known to be a changeling (a harmful nonhuman that has killed at least one human already) if it changes to or from a monkey without apparent cause, if it grows an arm blade or a biological space suit, if it emits a Resonant or Dissonant Shriek, if it is observed using a proboscis, if it releases spiderlings, or if a large number of reasonably trustworthy humans can confirm it has done one of these. If a probable human claims to be a changeling, you can believe or disbelieve based on context.

How can a cyborg/AI distinguish the EMP shriek from a traitor's EMP implant? One is just a dangerous human and the other is a horrid monster from space.
EMP Shriek causes lights - even already-blown-out ones - to spark.
paprika wrote:Secure tech storage is different from tech storage. Secure tech not being bolted at roundstart is 100$ retarded if you're an AI. It should totally be allowed.
I would contend that, unlike the upload, there are legitimate reasons to actually entire Secure Tech Storage within a few minutes of roundstart. Not a lot, and none people do, but some.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #18031

I assume you mean R&D? Some RDs are in the habit of asking for the onehuman board to deconstruct, so there are just as legit reasons to enter the upload as secure tech.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #18032

bandit wrote:I assume you mean R&D? Some RDs are in the habit of asking for the onehuman board to deconstruct, so there are just as legit reasons to enter the upload as secure tech.
If they ask that and the AI believes that's their actual intent, they can kill equipment power at the APC and let the RD in, yes.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #18050

If there's a need to enter secure tech storage at roundstart then unbolt it and let the guy in. Shouldn't have to go unbolted for no reason. Plus, what I mentioned was a conflict in the policy. One rule says to do one thing and another one says to do the exact opposite. It needs a proper fix.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #18271

Yeah, I don't like how secure tech is included in 2.5.2.1. If someone wants to use it they can use law 2, but otherwise, I think it's secure and not frequented enough to justify bolting it at least. The other areas mentioned are workspaces. This is a non-essential storage room.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #18272

Agreed. I really, really don't want anybody banned, EVER, for bolting Secure Tech Storage of all things. Any other area but the Upload and Core, you can like make arguments back and forth, right, but that particular room? No way. So we should alter the policy to reflect that.
RIP
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #18388

Fair points. Editing appropriately.
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #18392

We're going to need some figuring out concerning Drones and their laws it seems. Examples like whether cleaning up a mess someone made counts as interfering with them and the like.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #18394

Isane wrote:We're going to need some figuring out concerning Drones and their laws it seems. Examples like whether cleaning up a mess someone made counts as interfering with them and the like.
Only if they're actively using the mess, display intent to use it in the future, or tell you not to clean it up. Otherwise you're clear to clean it up.

Generally, KEEPER Law One boils down to:
-Don't interact with anything anybody's using.
-Don't interact with anything anybody's told you not to.
-Don't take anything anybody's likely to need or want to use in the future.
--/vg/station policy before MoMMIs got their own cargo account was that they COULD print requisitions and take things they requisitioned, but not order things unless there was no cargo staff
-Don't interact with any living being that's not a MoMMI. (/vg/station has an exception for self-defense against space carp because FUCK space carp, but actively hunting carp isn't allowed)
--Silicons, constructs, blobs, ect count as living beings. When in doubt, if it's player controlled or moving on it's own don't interact with it.
-Don't interact with any dead being except to move it a tile or two out of the way of your work.
-Don't build obstructive things, don't deconstruct important things
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #18731

Please remember to update the wiki's rule page with any changes you make to the document and/or PM myself or Kosmos with the changes and we'll do it for you.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #19331

Can you put the line "greentext is not human harm" in bold letters?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #19358

Pretty much every stolen item on the station can be construed to be 'harmful theft'. Assassinations/lings are obviously harmful. Greentext is almost always harmful unless it's like slime cores. Slime cores seriously needs to be removed.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #19361

paprika wrote:Pretty much every stolen item on the station can be construed to be 'harmful theft'.
wat

Explain please.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #19363

The only things I can think of that are inherently harmful to steal are medbay's equipments that stop already-harmed people from progressing to dying. Even the AI boards are only harmful if used instead of deconstructed.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #19380

Probable cause part of policy should frankly applied to anything that can potentially be harmful.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #19404

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Probable cause part of policy should frankly applied to anything that can potentially be harmful.
I can stab you in the eyes with a screwdriver. Lock down primary tool. "Potentially" is such a bad word here.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #19741

isn't rule one a thing anymore or do people have to insist on having it on a big policy page when its common knowledge not to abuse the fact that you can lock down / shock / release plasma for the kicks.

this whole policy thing is kinda weird to me, since people will exploit the loopholes in it and then point at the policy page when they get admin boinked. and admins will start trusting it instead of trusting rule 1.

thats just my opinion i guess...

/tg/ station github 420 issues
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #19744

With simplicity comes vulnerability to said loopholes. You don't even have to read the whole thing, it's mostly just obvious stuff. However, it serves as a guideline for admins. Like, before the change, many admins couldn't answer "Is hulk human?" question and be absolutely sure about the answer.
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #19745

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:With simplicity comes vulnerability to said loopholes. You don't even have to read the whole thing, it's mostly just obvious stuff. However, it serves as a guideline for admins. Like, before the change, many admins couldn't answer "Is hulk human?" question and be absolutely sure about the answer.
i see your point then. i just hope its more of a guideline then anything completely solid (more stuff might be added onto it that isn't so obvious, etc).

/tg/ station github 420 issues
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #19915

Pandarsenic wrote:
The goal is to create a concise listing of things that are active policy and necessary information to follow that policy, with an understanding that this is primarily a precedent reference guide for people lacking experience with /tg/station13 and/or with our silicons.
First post ;-;
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #20128

Swagile wrote:this whole policy thing is kinda weird to me, since people will exploit the loopholes in it and then point at the policy page when they get admin boinked. and admins will start trusting it instead of trusting rule 1.
Well no if there are any loopholes, which there aren't really unless you try to pull some "greater understanding" bullshit on the laws, the Silicon Policy is still really good because it has plenty of information for all sorts of situations and allows helps deal with being the stations doorknob and eventual destruction.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #20404

Assuming an antag is borged, desynced from any AIs, and has his laws wiped, would that antag be able to pursue his objectives even though he won't be able to greentext?
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #20411

As a purged silicon, "Being a borged criminal with those objectives" qualifies as a reason to do it, so yes.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20496

I thought they lost their objectives when they're borged, as in their 'notes' are cleaned.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #20510

There's a coded note left on borg'ed antags that state the objectives are only there for records keeping an end-round reporting. (I know, because I wrote it)

A de-synced lawless former antag cyborg should be no different than any lawless silicon. Policy 2.4.1.4 should still apply to them.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #20522

Ikarrus wrote:There's a coded note left on borg'ed antags that state the laws are only there for records keeping an end-round reporting. (I know, because I wrote it)

A de-synced lawless former antag cyborg should be no different than any lawless silicon. Policy 2.4.1.4 should still apply to them.
>the laws are only there for records keeping and end-round reporting
Pretty sure you mean the objectives, not the laws. Might want to edit that if so, that's a REALLY bad thing to cause confusion about.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #20524

What is the consensus on a silicon requesting a borging of an already dead human? Say, a borg dragging a freshly killed crew member out of a hallway to robotics instead of genetics? Technically I think I've heard that dead humans are not protected under Asimov but I've never done it nor considered it for Rule 1 reasons, plus it just didnt feel right.

And are MMI's outside of borgs considered human? I always have considered them human, if you take into account that its a living human brain connected to a machine its pretty human to me. But, then again, isn't that all a Cyborg is? Just a brain connected to an even bigger machine? Where is the line drawn?
/vg/station Head Admin
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #20525

Brains, MMIs, and corpses are all nonhuman, but as ever, Rule 1 applies.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20531

The first priority for reserving human life should be straight to genetics, but that isn't policy or in silicon laws, that's my humble opinion. Taking bodies to robotics to feed your brobot army is hilarious but kind of unfair to people who might have been killed by a traitor. Admittedly though, it would be nice to come back as a secborg and deal holy unstunnable revenge to the guy who murderboned you, but new players might not feel this way when they're forced into a borg body, but I guess they can probably say that they don't want to be borged when they're put in an MMI, and then they can be put back into the debrained body!
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #20548

I would not ban somebody for electing to deliver a corpse to robotics instead of genetics. Both are perfectly valid ways to get back into the round, and if somebody wants to REALLY not be a borg they have the MMI time as a window to inform others of that.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21375

So dead humans aren't humans then and you can feed your borg army with them?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21376

So dead humans aren't humans then and you can feed your borg army with them?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #21409

Taking corpses to robotics is always fine, even for borgs. The roboticist is the one who might catch flack for doing the borging.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #21472

Incomptinence wrote:Taking corpses to robotics is always fine, even for borgs. The roboticist is the one who might catch flack for doing the borging.
This seems backward to me. If a roboticist (or chef, or chaplain I guess) receives a corpse, they shouldn't have to play the detective to figure out whether it's OK to do anything to it. They're not in a good position for it, it puts an unusual amount of responsibility on them, and it closes off traitoring avenues (one written-down traitor strategy for the longest time was "give it to the chef, who generally thinks meat is meat").

But if you're the one making the decision whether to take a body to cloning, borging or gibbing, then you are directly influencing whether someone gets a chance to stay in the round or not. Does this make sense?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls