Shuttle Buying

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Shuttle Buying

Post by Archie700 » #240141

Bottom post of the previous page:

Lately, there's been a lot of people buying terrible shuttles like the meteor shuttle, the room shuttle and the small shuttle with exploding crates roundstart because of their credit, without even asking anyone.

This really gives nonantags a free way to grief the station without being punished, and the station doesn't even lynch them.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Shuttle Buying

Post by oranges » #241325

ShadowDimentio wrote:
oranges wrote:They were dumb shuttles and overused, you only have yourselves to blame for not being the kind of community that shames that behaviour
Next step: Having any map but box or meta set as your favorite automatically bans you because obviously you're toxic and just want a shit map chosen to ruin everyone else's round
I'm okay with it
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241342

>hating on dreamstation
>hating on efficiency
Reconsider your life choices, oranges, even though I agree with your first point.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #241360

I say we ban lizards
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #241371

I think that a captain buying a shit shuttle should be punished IC, but removing the shuttles is a bit too far.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #241401

Wait, you can't buy a new shuttle if you change your mind?
What fucking moron thought that was a good idea? That's what we need to be outraged about, not this bullshit about punishing people or whatever.

Jesus, even make it so you have to disassemble and multitool the comms console board so you can buy a new shuttle or something.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #241402

Atlanta-Ned wrote: What fucking moron thought that was a good idea? That's what we need to be outraged about
Insulting people and calling for "outrage" because part of a videogame is designed in a way you don't like seems reasonable, especially when

>buy a bad shuttle for -15k
>buy a normal shuttle again for 1k
>repeat forever
>buy the buildyourown shuttle then sell it while 10 people are building on it
>buy the asteroid shuttle, which moves the docking point, and then sell it repeatedly until you have the birdboat shuttle land on the bridge
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #241410

Maybe you should be able to switch shuttle after originally buying it but for a heavy penalty, if possible code wise

It can be annoying when you WANT the default shuttle for the map, as Captain, and some dick buys a meme shuttle because the HoP gave all access to someone or themselves

Maybe allow the Captain to send a message to centcomm using the comms console revoking the original purchase and get the point cost negotiated for the exchange via that
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #241414

Maybe let the captain lock in the normal shuttle for the station at no/slight cost. Then let dick shuttle buying captains get lynched.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #241662

Kor wrote:
Atlanta-Ned wrote: What fucking moron thought that was a good idea? That's what we need to be outraged about
Insulting people and calling for "outrage" because part of a videogame is designed in a way you don't like seems reasonable, especially when

>buy a bad shuttle for -15k
>buy a normal shuttle again for 1k
>repeat forever
>buy the buildyourown shuttle then sell it while 10 people are building on it
>buy the asteroid shuttle, which moves the docking point, and then sell it repeatedly until you have the birdboat shuttle land on the bridge
Make shuttles refundable for -120% price, make refunding a shuttle reset the docking point?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241672

>-120
Wait, you get extra money for refunding?
This can only go right.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #241674

Let me be more clear:

If you pay X for a shuttle, you get 80% of your money back from centcomm to go back to standard.
If you gain X for a shuttle, you need to pay 120% back to centcomm if you want to go back to standard.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #241733

I dont think making the shuttles more or less difficult to buy will fix anything if the head admins consider buying them an act of grief in itself. If they'd wanted them tweaked or changed I assume they would have asked for that rather than removing them.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #241744

Kor wrote:I dont think making the shuttles more or less difficult to buy will fix anything if the head admins consider buying them an act of grief in itself. If they'd wanted them tweaked or changed I assume they would have asked for that rather than removing them.
TehPear wrote:We'd love to see them stay in the game, such as through having to do a simple hack on the computer board, as it would make it easier to keep track of and log as well as help cull down the times it happens, but unfortunately until a more permanent solution is found we'll be trying this.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #241815

Personally I like the idea of the murder shuttles. Seems like it'd give the captain a way to passive aggressively say "Fuck you" to the crew when they fuck everything up early on.