Shuttle Buying

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Shuttle Buying

Post by Archie700 » #240141

Lately, there's been a lot of people buying terrible shuttles like the meteor shuttle, the room shuttle and the small shuttle with exploding crates roundstart because of their credit, without even asking anyone.

This really gives nonantags a free way to grief the station without being punished, and the station doesn't even lynch them.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Shuttle Buying

Post by kevinz000 » #240142

Personally if they did it without a very, VERY good reason (More points isn't a good reason) they're going to be held atleast partially accountable for anything that happens due to the shuttle's design, like the STV shuttle blowing the fuck up without logging its explosives.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #240143

Let's face it, they don't even use this excuse of needing points, since they don't even usually buy much.

Or discuss.

Or make a shuttle in the case of the make-a-shuttle kit.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #240149

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #240151

Treason to the Corporation. Execute.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #240154

Fuck.
Reeeeee how do I memorize all these precedents
Reeeee
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #240228

Oh no, I died five minutes before a guaranteed restart.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #240281

captain sawrge wrote:Oh no, I died five minutes before a guaranteed restart.
I don't think that the issue is when you die
The issue is when the captain buys an explosive shuttle and everyone dies.
Meteor IMO is fine as there's a warning.
Dave and STV aren't because they are inherently dangerous when docked to be on.
Wabbajack only ends in grief and tears.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #240405

The only ones who would actually care about surviving the trip are antags, and antags used to take the pods even before novelty shuttles became a thing. The escape shuttle has always been dangerous, expecially to antags focused on greentexting (someone can just stun them 30 seconds before dock and drag them to the shuttle brig to make them fail, it happens quite often), new shuttles only make the trip a little bit more dangerous, but if you really want to get to centcom you shouldn't be taking the shuttle in the first place.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #240421

Maybe some shuttles should require the console to be emagged.
This would provide two things:
1. A line is drawn between "OK" and "shitty" shuttles (less need for admin intervention)
2. Mappers could make more silly/deadly shuttles and put them in the emagged category
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #240453

leibniz wrote:Maybe some shuttles should require the console to be emagged.
This would provide two things:
1. A line is drawn between "OK" and "shitty" shuttles (less need for admin intervention)
2. Mappers could make more silly/deadly shuttles and put them in the emagged category
Aside from defining "shitty" and drawing that line (that people will toe*), this sounds like the best solution.

*A thousand, thousand ban requests disguised as policy discussions
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #240456

Emag is a lazy bloated item design wise and locking yet more things behind winning the grief lottery is bad.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #240457

Kor wrote:Emag is a lazy bloated item design wise and locking yet more things behind winning the grief lottery is bad.
Honestly, like half the machine interactions the emag has should just be put under hacking the machine using the wires.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #240602

CPTANT wrote:
Kor wrote:Emag is a lazy bloated item design wise and locking yet more things behind winning the grief lottery is bad.
Honestly, like half the machine interactions the emag has should just be put under hacking the machine using the wires.
or multitooling the board, it's weird for only one console to have that
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #240605

The game is in a really fucking good place if this is the worst thing in the game right now.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #240612

captain sawrge wrote:Oh no, I died five minutes before a guaranteed restart.
better set off a maxcap then it's only five minutes before the end so I can't be banned :^)
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #240645

You know the asteroid is coming beforehand not giving it room is just you being an idiot. Announcement, listed in status etc.

A borderline illiterate late joiner has little investment or attention directed toward the round anyway if they don't read what the shuttle is when arriving after the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #240647

Incomptinence wrote:You know the asteroid is coming beforehand not giving it room is just you being an idiot. Announcement, listed in status etc.

A borderline illiterate late joiner has little investment or attention directed toward the round anyway if they don't read what the shuttle is when arriving after the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.
Pretty much my thoughts on it. Everyone who actually dies to the asteroid either wants to die or has actual brain damage.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #240661

Imagine aliens, rogue ai or a cult based around the asteroid shuttle landing zone. Or when you're a ling and you're trying to revive and then a shuttle lands on top of you. Evidently we need to rework all these game modes.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #240741

take a pod if you don't like the shuttle
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #240771

Imagine ignoring a large announcement, 40 minutes of warning in your status panel, the sight of the shuttle itself through the window when it docks and then avoiding four alternate evacuation points followed by making a forum thread about how you were dead for 3 minutes in space station 13
danno

Post by danno » #240772

ok imagines that
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #240809

Shuttle buying has given me a bad time on multiple occasions but it's still fun as hell. I fully reserve the right to shoot you if you buy a shit shuttle, though.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #240838

This is not a thread about how your round is ruined by having a shit shuttle.

This is a thread about whether you are allowed be IC punished for buying a bad shuttle for bad reasons.

Stop trying to push blame to players for not taking pods or avoiding the landing zone or exploding when the whole problem can be prevented in the first place by not buying a shit shuttle which no one else can stop.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #240867

Fair point. Instead we could: delegate shuttle buying to a machine (since hacking machines is better than hacking computers).
It could have wires that manipulate available shuttles, shuttle price, displaying "Unknown" instead of the name of the shuttle at the status tab and whatever else.

With this it doesn't rely on the emag and stuff isn't limited to antagonists either.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #241104

We could just make it possible to buy more than one shuttle :/
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #241140

How would that work though?

One shuttle docks for a minute and a half before leaving and the other one docks in afterwards?

Both arriver at the same time and smash into each other?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #241141

I assumed Dorsi meant that the most recent one ordered when the shuttle is called is the one that comes, which would require a system to charge back the bonus credits giving for the shitty shuttles and refunding some of the cost for the expensive ones
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #241183

Due to how prevalent the problem is, we've decided we'll try removing the following shuttles from the purchasable list:
Meteor, luxury, cramped, and ohhidaniel, due to these being the main cause of complaining.
While the shuttles are still in the game, and we'd like to see them more available to players, due to the constant circulation around them involving complaints and over-tedious administration in logging and dealing with griefing through this way, we've decided the best course of action for now is to remove them. We'd love to see them stay in the game, such as through having to do a simple hack on the computer board, as it would make it easier to keep track of and log as well as help cull down the times it happens, but unfortunately until a more permanent solution is found we'll be trying this.
Freedom
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #241184

Should have just made this something random at roundstart, it was doomed to failure as soon as individual players could be blamed and banned over it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #241191

tfw I was blamed as the boogeyman of trying to shut this down, and still have not banned/warned anybody about this.

And yet I was still right about this becoming a problem.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #241194

Everything becomes a problem to be banned/nerfed/removed eventually.

Probably sounds overly dramatic but I really can't think of any behaviors or features that haven't been driven into the ground and become some sort of forum flashpoint at one time or another. Just the nature of the game and rules set.
danno

Post by danno » #241198

this is actually fucking embarrassing
dannnnnnnnnnnnnno
Byond Username: RussellTalbott

Post by dannnnnnnnnnnnnno » #241200

literal unironic hugbox
D&B

Post by D&B » #241201

we yog now
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #241202

I really don't think this is that much of a problem outside of a few very vocal people angry about having the final 5 minutes of their round cut short.

It's interesting gameplay. It's conflict to deal with instead of the usual lull. People who can't stand having some more adversity 5 actual minutes before round end are silly.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #241209

Did you like the non traditional shuttles (asteroid, luxury, wooden, etc)
Yes: 21
No, I was sick of them: 4
I don't care: 3
Did not vote: 55

It's a forum warriors who don't play the game whine until a feature the majority of the playerbase enjoys or doesn't care about is removed episode
danno

Post by danno » #241211

please do not remove them because of a select few whiny dumbasses who can't think about what 5 minutes into the future might be like
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #241265

Kor wrote:Did you like the non traditional shuttles (asteroid, luxury, wooden, etc)
Yes: 21
No, I was sick of them: 4
I don't care: 3
Did not vote: 55

It's a forum warriors who don't play the game whine until a feature the majority of the playerbase enjoys or doesn't care about is removed episode
>lyin kor uses a poll where more than half of people didn't vote in it to pick themes

SAD
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #241267

TehPear wrote:Due to how prevalent the problem is, we've decided we'll try removing the following shuttles from the purchasable list:
Meteor, luxury, cramped, and ohhidaniel, due to these being the main cause of complaining.
While the shuttles are still in the game, and we'd like to see them more available to players, due to the constant circulation around them involving complaints and over-tedious administration in logging and dealing with griefing through this way, we've decided the best course of action for now is to remove them. We'd love to see them stay in the game, such as through having to do a simple hack on the computer board, as it would make it easier to keep track of and log as well as help cull down the times it happens, but unfortunately until a more permanent solution is found we'll be trying this.
Uh.

Why remove them? That's the nuclear option. Just have people who order them for grief dealt with IC. I never asked for the shuttles themselves to be removed.
D&B

Post by D&B » #241272

If a captain orders meme shuttles, well, IC that's who NT decided was responsible enough to take the decision. If a random crew member does it, then the ban hammer should be dropped for how many people die because of said meme shuttle.

If anything make sure caps send a little 60 second vote to the heads computers to make them vote on wether they would like it or not. If not enough heads like it then the captain should be persuaded to change it, but still be able to assert his authority and order it regardless if so they wish.
Spoiler:
fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #241274

They were dumb shuttles and overused, you only have yourselves to blame for not being the kind of community that shames that behaviour
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #241276

TehPear wrote:Due to how prevalent the problem is, we've decided we'll try removing the following shuttles from the purchasable list:
Fucking why.

You literally want removed all but box standard, meta standard, build your own, and the change statue shuttle. Good job, you've successfully removed the fun. And for what? Because the hugboxers complained enough?

They were the ones that failed to pay enough attention as Meteor crashed into the station, or gather a pathetic amount of dosh for luxury in time. For the other two anything that would have killed you on there would have killed you on a regular shuttle.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #241278

oranges wrote:They were dumb shuttles and overused, you only have yourselves to blame for not being the kind of community that shames that behaviour
is this post irony
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #241279

oranges wrote:
or doesn't care
more than half of people didn't vote
Your bait is getting really lazy lately, at least pretend to read the posts.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #241280

oranges wrote:They were dumb shuttles and overused, you only have yourselves to blame for not being the kind of community that shames that behaviour
Next step: Having any map but box or meta set as your favorite automatically bans you because obviously you're toxic and just want a shit map chosen to ruin everyone else's round
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #241299

Maybe have a few tiers of random/default shuttle, and an option to "downgrade" or "upgrade" for cash. If you need the credits badly then you can downgrade the shuttle, but you don't know for sure whether you're going to get daniel or the meteor or whatever. Likewise the luxury shuttle is hilarious just fuckin' lie down in the pleb-box or get good, it's nice to see cash actually have a use.

Couple that with multitooling the board on the shuttle controller to pick a specific shuttle because fuck emags, tooling the board to hack is a thing that needs to happen on more consoles with "hacked" options.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #241316

Screemonster wrote:Maybe have a few tiers of random/default shuttle, and an option to "downgrade" or "upgrade" for cash. If you need the credits badly then you can downgrade the shuttle, but you don't know for sure whether you're going to get daniel or the meteor or whatever. Likewise the luxury shuttle is hilarious just fuckin' lie down in the pleb-box or get good, it's nice to see cash actually have a use.

Couple that with multitooling the board on the shuttle controller to pick a specific shuttle because fuck emags, tooling the board to hack is a thing that needs to happen on more consoles with "hacked" options.
yesssssssss
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #241322

And if we're going in tiers, you can cost it such that if you downgrade, the cost to upgrade later is more than whatever credits you got back (otherwise the new meta will be to buy the asteroid for a big injection of credits at roundstart, then pay it back once the miners have come through)

So, say you get 5,000 credits for downgrading from "default" to "shit", it should cost a decent chunk more than that to upgrade back to default. Making it changeable later in the round will solve a lot of the "some shithead rushed the spare and bought the meteor at roundstart, why isn't this fuckwit banned" problems though.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #241325

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Next step: Having any map but box or meta set as your favorite automatically bans you because obviously you're toxic and just want a shit map chosen to ruin everyone else's round
I'm okay with it