Holding Players Accountable for Actions on Other Servers

Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Holding Players Accountable for Actions on Other Servers

Post by Psyentific » #18614

aka. Vorestation General

Why are there bans being handed out for actions taken on other servers?
How is this any different from FriikkiM going on hub servers and maxcap bombing them?
Is it because they screamed "TGSTATION STONG"?
Is it because they seemed to be at least semi-organized?

Why is this an issue in the first place?
Is it made clear in server/community rules that organized griefing in other communities (i.e. raiding) is punishable here?

As a hypothetical and a slippery slope case, what if I'm perma'd from /vg/ for legitimate reasons? Should be worried about that specific ban being mirrored here, or worried about being punished for those specific actions?

As a discussion prompt, to what extent do we, as individuals, and the admins, as policy makers and enforcers, care about other servers and the events which transpire upon them?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Holding Players Accountable for Actions on Other Servers

Post by paprika » #18622

^ People turning steno into actual policy discussions instead of just shitting up the FNR threads. This is why we got rid of steno.

On topic: Admins are reactive towards 'raiding' shit because it spawns a metric fuckton of server and playerbase drama typically.

It has in the past and even if you mark something as 'harmless' it's still the principle that it usually blows the fuck up into drama and shit flinging that probably makes admins want to expel people who do anything remotely similar to it ASAP.

We want quality players on our servers. Not 'raiders'. Wouldn't you agree that's a fair stance to take? I'm pretty sure Scaredofshadows feels the same way and he has all the right to not want that on his servers.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #18623

We want to maintain good relations with other servers. Raising a shit on other servers in our name not only damages our relations and image, but also invites them to do the same to us in revenge.

It's just fucking juvenile and retarded. It's not behavior we'd want to endorse, invite, or tolerate.
As a hypothetical and a slippery slope case, what if I'm perma'd from /vg/ for legitimate reasons? Should be worried about that specific ban being mirrored here, or worried about being punished for those specific actions?
If it wasn't an invasion-related ban, I'm of the opinion that it should just be written down in your notes. The point is they're not actionable in of itself, but they should be taken into consideration when making judgement calls down the line. Of course, this is could change depending on the severity of what you actually did.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #18630

>Why are there bans being handed out for actions taken on other servers?
Because raids reflect REALLY badly on us, and if somebody was using another server to organize raids we'd want them banned from there so they'd stop.
>How is this any different from FriikkiM going on hub servers and maxcap bombing them?
I'd imagine it's mainly because admins got word of it as it was going down.
>Is it because they screamed "TGSTATION STONG"?
That's part of it, yes. It implies that they're deliberately attacking other servers. It implies that /tg/station condones raids.
>Is it because they seemed to be at least semi-organized?
That's part of it, yes. One jackass from somewhere just makes you think they're a jackass. A group of jackasses from somewhere makes you think that place is jackass central. We don't want to be thought of as jackass central if we can help it.

>Why is this an issue in the first place?
Because we don't want to be raid central, and we don't want to be thought of as a community that raids.
>Is it made clear in server/community rules that organized griefing in other communities (i.e. raiding) is punishable here?
Don't be a dick should cover it, and there is precedent for banning people for raiding/organizing raids. This is hardly the first time somebody's been banned for it.

>As a hypothetical and a slippery slope case, what if I'm perma'd from /vg/ for legitimate reasons? Should be worried about that specific ban being mirrored here, or worried about being punished for those specific actions?
If you were acting as a representative of /tg/station (for example, announcing you were from /tg/station of chatting about your /vg/station actions on /tg/station while committing them) when you undertook the action that got you banned or if you appear to be repeating the actions that led to your ban on /vg/station, you'd be at risk of getting banned based on your /vg/station history. If you got perma'd from /vg/station and kept your nose clean on /tg/station it wouldn't carry over.

>As a discussion prompt, to what extent do we, as individuals, and the admins, as policy makers and enforcers, care about other servers and the events which transpire upon them?
As a player, I care about how /tg/station players act on other servers because it directly reflects on /tg/station as a community, and therefore how people perceive me.
As an admin, I care about how players act on other servers because if John Doe has a history of GRIFFYACTION on another server and they're causing problems though GRIFFYACTION on /tg/station, it's a clear sign they're up to no good.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #18640

Aurx wrote:Why are there bans being handed out for actions taken on other servers?
*words*
what about the /vg/ players that raided vorestation.

are they getting banned too or is this a /tg/ only policy?

i mean, i read the rule list on /vg/ when i go on there once in a blue moon and saw nothing about it being bannable.

/tg/ station github 420 issues
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #18647

Swagile wrote:
Aurx wrote:Why are there bans being handed out for actions taken on other servers?
*words*
what about the /vg/ players that raided vorestation.

are they getting banned too or is this a /tg/ only policy?

i mean, i read the rule list on /vg/ when i go on there once in a blue moon and saw nothing about it being bannable.
Everybody who was raiding vorestation that I was made aware of has been banned from /vg/station.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #18653

If you use our servers to plan a raid don't cry when you get #rekt
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #18842

Guys c'mon. Raids are Stupid. Sure maybe you don't care about our image, but the issue of reprisals could come up. Consider this. You raid a server, and instead of getting the expected counter raid, the servers get DDOS'd instead. Or something else as, or more, damaging happens. ETC ETC.

You don't know how such things can escalate and it could turn out very badly for our community. Even if you look at it with a self serving outlook, the possibility for things to go badly at home are too much. Oh, and the Admins here may ban you to maintain good relations.

Rule One. Don't be a Dick.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18849

Aurx wrote:~snip~
This whole thread was just answered through this one response, there's literally nothing anyone can argue any more about this, it's a clearcut case of a group of people talking shit and then getting hit.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #18861

Why is iteq still unbanned he was the one who mentioned 'raid' the most in ooc if you look at the round logs from artyom when it was going on.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #18871

Did he actually go over and behave like those who did get banned?
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Post by looping » #18905

Unless they're either a problem player and are known for griefing servers and being a general shit or going on servers griefing, spamming or promoting in the name of /tg/ I don't see why any actions on other servers should be held accountable on /tg/.
appeal me now ok think about it admin u could have a friend a friend who comes down to ur house and listens to ur words but doesnt respond to them because he knows that words are for the weak and physical violence is the superior form of communication but u wont accept this ur scared ur stuck in the prefix of pretification yea thats right ur sitting there stuck to the floor from ur goopy liquid glue sweat unable tro answer the door guess whos there its my friend spooner who is requesting appeal me
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #18931

Isane wrote:Did he actually go over and behave like those who did get banned?
He went over there, ya. Dunno about his behavior on the server, though.
And I'm pretty sure he also started the whole thing by bringing up the subject, though I could be very wrong.
:^)
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #19317

ColonicAcid wrote:
This whole thread was just answered through this one response, there's literally nothing anyone can argue any more about this, it's a clearcut case of a group of people talking shit and then getting hit.
Except, banning people who went to vorestation as if we care when no one cares is just being fake. No one cares about vorestation, man. Some people deserve their shit and vorestation deserves their shit. banhunt imo led by fucking stupid ideologies and morals which are directly hypocritical
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #19332

Psyentific wrote:Why are there bans being handed out for actions taken on other servers?
Remember when Burer and Tsaricide (I think) got bant from here for getting bant from bay?
Or that guy that blew up Hornygrannys Terraria server?
Or the whole heap of times that shitlers from other servers have been bant pre-emptively from other servers based on their activities on tgstation and other servers?

SS13 has a wider community, its not insular little bubbles, most people here play on other servers as well, as do people on other servers.

If you are going to grief like a shit, at least make sure you aren't anyone worth knowing. or make a new account on a different computer and different IP.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #19339

Pandarsenic wrote:If you use our servers to plan a raid don't cry when you get #rekt
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #19387

420goslingboy69 wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:
Except, banning people who went to vorestation as if we care when no one cares is just being fake. No one cares about vorestation, man. Some people deserve their shit and vorestation deserves their shit. banhunt imo led by fucking stupid ideologies and morals which are directly hypocritical
You're making a rather bold claim with "morals which are directly hypocritical". Would you care to back that up?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
iteq

Post by iteq » #19392

itt aurx holding a complete double standard

trying to ban /tg/ players for raiding vore while his /vg/ admins participated in the /vg/ raid of the vore server while non of them got deadminned or banned.
Spoiler:
Aaron Laborde says, "YOU'RE TYPING LIKE YOU HAVE A BRISTH ACCENT BUT YOURE JUST A SAD VIRGIN"

OOC: TheBibleMelts: the only time i was repulsed by erp was when i saw lindsay donk and dawgas roleplaying out a piss-childplay fantasy

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Antonkr: You are a nigger lover.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

OOC: Paprka: boy does talking shit get me horny
OOC: Sawrge: i am getting admin vote and iteq is getting player vote
(F) DEAD: Leo Bonhart says, "luck the only known tg player to trigger someones ptsd and cause a mental breakdown"
Word count of substantiative content of ban appeal: 87
Word count of shitpost copypasta: 195
OOC: Dannno: i fucking hate you stupid piece of shit iteq you fucking idiot one day im going to fucking ban you and you'll be gone for good faggot fuck you
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #19425

iteq wrote:itt aurx holding a complete double standard

trying to ban /tg/ players for raiding vore while his /vg/ admins participated in the /vg/ raid of the vore server while non of them got deadminned or banned.
Aurx wrote: Everybody who was raiding vorestation that I was made aware of has been banned from /vg/station.
If you have information that I don't, I'd love to see it.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #19565

Iteq's blowing smoke out of his ass as per usual.