Is Cak a ghost role or like getting borged or MMI'd?

Which is it?

Ghost role?
22%
MMI Situation?
56%
Borging?
22%
Other?
No votes

Total votes: 9

Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Is Cak a ghost role or like getting borged or MMI'd?

Post by Doctor Pork » #243506

This may have been ruled elsewhere but I don't know where to find it. It's pretty rare and the first time this happened to me was tonight. I've never actually been a Cak and it wouldn't have been an issue if I wasn't a traitor first (since normally you don't actually have any "memories" at roundstart) I was pretty sure I was no longer an antag by my flavortext (Below) but what I really want to know is if I remembered any of my details. In this superniche situation I'm not sure exactly how much I remember.

When you become a Cak you are greeted with this:
Spoiler:
You are a cak! You're a harmless cat/cake hybrid that everyone loves. People can take bites out of you if they're hungry, but you regenerate health so quickly that it generally doesn't matter. You're remarkably resilient to any damage besides this and it's hard for you to really die at all. You should go around and bring happiness and free cake to the station!
Keeki's Memories:
Uplink Passcode: 983 India (PDA-Zoe Ramos (Assistant) ).
Code Phrase: Thomas Steele, creepy.
Code Response: deceit, Locker Toilets.
Time of death: 12:24
Objectives:
Objective #1: Steal the hypospray.
Objective #2: Escape on the shuttle or an escape pod alive and without being in custody.
The harmless part made me think "ok no longer an antag" even though it didnt clear my objectives but I wasnt sure where my memories start/end because I didnt want to past life but I though RnD might be happy with my code since they had my body and I still had 13TC left. I'd really love to get some input on it.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: Is Cak a ghost role or like getting borged or MMI'd?

Post by Owegno » #243515

I always assumed it was an MMI situation and considered it being the same as getting your brain put in a mech.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #243521

Bring happiness and joy to the crew while trying to snatch that hypospray without harming anyone and preferably without being noticed. Or maybe whoo the CMO with your cake charm and convince them to give you the hypospray.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #243525

dude you're an edible cat, run around getting eaten and enjoy the novelty of it
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #243533

oranges wrote:dude you're an edible cat, run around getting eaten and enjoy the novelty of it
this was what i eventually settled on with the help of bgo-bandit tbh it was pretty fuckin neat until the warden literally ate my cake until i died plus it was pretty funny the reactions you get to being a cak "Oh hi kitty" immediately followed by "Wait what the fuck"

edit: keyboard was fucking up fixed my post to not look all fucked up
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #243545

I'd say they're a MMI/borg, but I'm not speaking on behalf of admins, this is just my personal opinion.
The reason I say so is because you're putting their brain in it to give it sentience, and it makes sense that the person's brain is intact and the thing controlling it, rather then being replaced with another intelligence.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #243548

Really should just start clearing those memories, this is something that get ahelped frequently when traitors get borged and they still see their objectives.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #243551

CosmicScientist wrote:What if they get taken out of the MMI and put back into a body that can succeed (if they didn't have a "Die gloriously!" objective/no objective demanding survival)?
Impressive but i'm not sure if that still counts as "dead" or not as far as code is concerned, since being borged will still count as dead so unless you had die gloriously you'll fail anyway. Maybe if you get put back into your original body?
CosmicScientist wrote:What if their laws change that doesn't prevent their objective (murdering)?
They'd probably go start murdering anyway, regardless of their objectives.
CosmicScientist wrote:What if they're doing a really niche route that will never come up of asking the roboticist to borg them, temporarily, so they can abused unrestricted access, they do their objective partway (steal the CE's locker, magbooties, RCD, drag it to the dorms, lock the door and make a false wall exit), get unborged and pick up their item? ... brb rolling traitor before anyone finds any bannable flaws in this.
I would say it'd be easier to store that in the body but all of that is in the "mind" and gets transferred so... congrats on the really ridiculous elaborate and intensely risky greentext maybe? I'd actually like to see that done sometime.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #243589

Your brain is directly transfered, so the memory/antag chain is unbroken. It's like borging/cloning.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #243592

only in 2017 do we have policy discussions about the nature of edible cats in our 2d atmos simulator.

It seems really weird though the sentience is by using a brain. It should just be a cute, [space] magical cake cat [aka ghostrole] [aka objectively cuter and less garbage pAI].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #243602

The real question here is exactly what kind of antag behavior can a cat made of cake undertake?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #243604

Shaps wrote:The real question here is exactly what kind of antag behavior can a cat made of cake undertake?
frosting donuts without parent's permission.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #243618

Kor wrote:Your brain is directly transfered, so the memory/antag chain is unbroken. It's like borging/cloning.
this is technically inaccurate though. borging transfers your memories, but not your antag status.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #243623

bandit wrote:
Kor wrote:Your brain is directly transfered, so the memory/antag chain is unbroken. It's like borging/cloning.
this is technically inaccurate though. borging transfers your memories, but not your antag status.
If you get borged, then blown up, then your brain put in a human you would be a traitor again. Your traitor status never goes away, it is just constrained and overriden by your laws for the time that you are a cyborg.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #243651

True, but 99% of the time, when people ahelp "am I still an antag?" what they are really saying is "do I get to murderbone and shit," and it's an edge case that they'll ever cease to be a borg, so for all intents and purposes they're not an antag.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #243728

This. The only difference is there really isn't anything like the cyborg lawset stopping you; so I guess you can try to be an antagonist if you were before. I'd wish someone good luck when they're an edible cat that can't do much with that...
Freedom
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #243742

TehPear wrote:
This. The only difference is there really isn't anything like the cyborg lawset stopping you; so I guess you can try to be an antagonist if you were before. I'd wish someone good luck when they're an edible cat that can't do much with that...
Neato, next time (unlikely as it may be) I'm a traitor Cak maybe I'll trash the bridge and make a huge frosty mess while spreading cakey joy to all. I really just wanted to give RnD my code so they could get those great illegal science levels, 13TC can buy sci some NICE things. :honkman: