There is too little greytide

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

There is too little greytide

Post by CPTANT » #244064

Bottom post of the previous page:

There is. I rarely have to do with greytide at all while playing security.

In fact I would say a server culture has developed where greytide is seen as a bannable offence and a form of "being a shitter".

The fact is that greytide makes things interesting. Both for security and the tide.

A server culture has also developed where security either doesn't care about your crime, or outright perma's/ executes you.

I think at the core of this is the severity with which greytide and escalation from greytide (labeling such acts as banbaiting) are currently treated by the admin team.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: There is too little greytide

Post by Screemonster » #247688

if you're going to act like that special sort of cunt that security players don't want to have to put up with giving them trouble for the entire round then don't be surprised when they toss your ass in perma just so they don't have to deal with your bullshit any more.

Kinda like the longstanding policy that if someone kicks your ass out of their department and you deliberately go back to fuck with them a second time, they're allowed to do whatever's necessary to ensure you don't fuck with them again.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #247695

Screemonster wrote:Kinda like the longstanding policy that if someone kicks your ass out of their department and you deliberately go back to fuck with them a second time, they're allowed to do whatever's necessary to ensure you don't fuck with them again.
Story time:

>chemist in what turns out to be a really long extended round
>greyshirt welds into chem shed
>sec chases him off
>comes back, breaks in, makes a bunch of thermite
>other chemist has been shooting herself up with a cocktail of the most awful narcotics she can manage all round
>apparently kept a syringe of the shit in her syringe gun
>greyshirt eats a cocktail of meth, krok, crank, rotatium and who knows what else
>goes down, table cuff, onto a roller bed and drag him to the fridge I've been stocking for an hour to pull him out of crit
>stable, take him to sec
>apparently sec managed to all get killed or something
>take him back to med, stuff some jerky in his face
>keep him around as a medical test dummy for a few minutes until I'm satisfied that my patches and pills work as intended
>set him loose
>model citizen for the rest of the shift
>other chemist comes running in as a screaming zombie and the Cap manages to blow up escape with a BSA
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #250667

Not sure if its just a product of all the new players from the hub, but I've noticed an awful lot of non-antag general smash and grab in rounds. Medbay gets busted up and every window bashed out by some random mime. Every window in the meta command hallway is smashed by some asshole with an axe. On and on and on. I'm sure sec and the greys get their jollies out of it but its really frustrating for the departments that have to deal with them and the nearly non-existent sec response because sec frankly has more important things to be doing than dealing with some faggot breaking windows and harassing medbay staff. However, this has the added effect of making departments even more insular than they already were. Chemists and CMOs start making chloral/neurotox/beepsky every round to deal with the inevitable tiding. Robotics/R&D make prods to deal with the #lootcrew. Engineering does the same thing when the break-ins over gloves come as they always do. I mean, its not hard to understand why greys get zero respect from the actual department positions and why greys attempting to be respectful and helpful end up getting shit on in the crossfire. There's just too many dicks using their no-responsibility job position to cause trouble for everyone until the shuttle gets called.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #250681

I'm 95% sure what you are describing is a product of the hub cedar since it never happened on Basil before the hub and I didn't see it on Sybil during that month basil was down. I don't even feel bad about getting a mute+instant stun mix in my hypospray every round as CMO.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #250769

Ctrl F

Replace [greytide] with [nonantag crime]

Save
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #250918

People feeling entitled because they didn't meet the arbitrary "Shitty enough to be banned" quantity yet still act like garbage is the reason I consider most things IC issues. If people want to be trash, It doesn't really bother me. However, if people want to be trash, they should realize they aren't going to get the protections a person who isn't being a burden on other players has. This is especially true with assistants. I tend to give the legitimate greytiders even less protection because of the constant abuse of the job to soft-antagonize the station. Some people have gotten tired of it and will readily up it to lethals because greys have a knack for escalating it into lethals.

It is obnoxious to see people almost "weaponize" administrators because they got dunked/impaired after being a nuisance to others. People don't want to spend half the round getting bwoinked [or worse, banned for "improper escalation"] because they had to deal with someone being a pest to their round.

In short, if you want more greytide: stop asking us to put ourselves in every situation regardless of which side of the toolbox you're on.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #250924

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:People feeling entitled because they didn't meet the arbitrary "Shitty enough to be banned" quantity yet still act like garbage is the reason I consider most things IC issues. If people want to be trash, It doesn't really bother me. However, if people want to be trash, they should realize they aren't going to get the protections a person who isn't being a burden on other players has. This is especially true with assistants. I tend to give the legitimate greytiders even less protection because of the constant abuse of the job to soft-antagonize the station. Some people have gotten tired of it and will readily up it to lethals because greys have a knack for escalating it into lethals.

It is obnoxious to see people almost "weaponize" administrators because they got dunked/impaired after being a nuisance to others. People don't want to spend half the round getting bwoinked [or worse, banned for "improper escalation"] because they had to deal with someone being a pest to their round.

In short, if you want more greytide: stop asking us to put ourselves in every situation regardless of which side of the toolbox you're on.

I have always been a proponent of more things being IC and having less admin intervention. In my opinion security can fend for itself.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #250949

CPTANT wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:People feeling entitled because they didn't meet the arbitrary "Shitty enough to be banned" quantity yet still act like garbage is the reason I consider most things IC issues. If people want to be trash, It doesn't really bother me. However, if people want to be trash, they should realize they aren't going to get the protections a person who isn't being a burden on other players has. This is especially true with assistants. I tend to give the legitimate greytiders even less protection because of the constant abuse of the job to soft-antagonize the station. Some people have gotten tired of it and will readily up it to lethals because greys have a knack for escalating it into lethals.

I have always been a proponent of more things being IC and having less admin intervention. In my opinion security can fend for itself.
Half the time security can't fend for themselves even if I babysit them (I don't.)
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #250952

I'm soft on minor crimes, but very intense of crimes I deem shitty. Example: A clown can slip to his heart's content, but if he's using lube I'll gulag him the moment I can get my hands around his neck.

If the tiders come and start smashing up my windows and trying to break in though they'll be shot until they stop, and if they keep doing it they're getting killed. It's only fair.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #251037

I mean, if we're going for an "every department fends for itself" then I'm sure medbay will appreciate the new organ donors.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #251308

I could always use another 'dummy' for bomb 'testing'.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #251318

The singulo always loves more food
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #251347

Nations vs greytide when
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
CPTANT

Re: There is too little minor IC crime

Post by CPTANT » #255496

Anyway, when we have ban threads like this:

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9671

It is quite clear why we have arrived at the situation we are now.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #255497

>tfw want to get tossed into perma for IC reasons and be a hardened criminal but do not want to just be a griefing shithead and make people miserable just to justify getting tossed there

complex kinda feel
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #255540

I had a prison job idea awhile ago. You get a random crime in memory and the rest is to you. We'd have to make perma harder to escape, though.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #255577

Wyzack wrote:>tfw want to get tossed into perma for IC reasons and be a hardened criminal but do not want to just be a griefing shithead and make people miserable just to justify getting tossed there

complex kinda feel
b-but RP is just ERP in the bar with lizards
Limey wrote:its too late.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #255648

Qbopper wrote:
Wyzack wrote:>tfw want to get tossed into perma for IC reasons and be a hardened criminal but do not want to just be a griefing shithead and make people miserable just to justify getting tossed there

complex kinda feel
TFW I tried RP'ing as an ashwalker selling 'dragon eggs' to the chef to get our brood on station.
female captain takes me into her office to negotiate deal.
strips down and emotes 'captain rubs her crotch'
FUCKING WHY!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #255657

Reece wrote:
Qbopper wrote:

complex kinda feel
TFW I tried RP'ing as an ashwalker selling 'dragon eggs' to the chef to get our brood on station.
FUCKING WHY!
captain (banned)
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #255675

Reece wrote:
Qbopper wrote:

complex kinda feel
FUCKING WHY!
I don't believe this because it hurts to think it's true
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #255681

that's actually hilarious, would have penetrated her with my spear and stolen her all access if you catch me
legalize ERP
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #255994

And once more:
Ban reason and length: Reason: "(MANUAL BAN) Raiding the armory FNR as non-antag assistant. Ended up validing someone while in there [despite raiding the armory themselves]. Raiding the armory as nonantag is NOT OK. The only reason this isn't longer is because he suicided at brig." 2 days
Since fucking when is raiding the armory NOT OK. It was always an IC issue unless done repeatedly or when killing the people trying to stop you.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #255999

CPTANT wrote:And once more:
Ban reason and length: Reason: "(MANUAL BAN) Raiding the armory FNR as non-antag assistant. Ended up validing someone while in there [despite raiding the armory themselves]. Raiding the armory as nonantag is NOT OK. The only reason this isn't longer is because he suicided at brig." 2 days
Since fucking when is raiding the armory NOT OK. It was always an IC issue unless done repeatedly or when killing the people trying to stop you.
There's a reason security is allowed to gun you down to breaking into the armory. If you're doing it you're likely one of two things: a validseeker looking for guns or an antagonist looking for guns. One should be there and the other is doing their job.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #256000

Oh boy, steno is back. We've come full circle
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #256003

cedarbridge wrote:
There's a reason security is allowed to gun you down to breaking into the armory. If you're doing it you're likely one of two things: a validseeker looking for guns or an antagonist looking for guns. One should be there and the other is doing their job.
classic mistake, one side being right to gun down people in the armory doesn't mean the other side is wrong.

Anyway I belief a year or so ago raiding the armory was explicitly stated as one of those things that are IC.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #256014

It seems weird that we have a rule about how to handle people in the armory IC if people entering the armory is an OOC issue

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Secu ... Precedents

6 . While it is up to the discretion of the security player, lethal force may be used on a mob of players trying to force entry into the brig. Additionally, lethal force may be used immediately on anyone trying to enter the armoury, is in the armoury, or is leaving it
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #256030

Kor wrote:It seems weird that we have a rule about how to handle people in the armory IC if people entering the armory is an OOC issue

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Secu ... Precedents

6 . While it is up to the discretion of the security player, lethal force may be used on a mob of players trying to force entry into the brig. Additionally, lethal force may be used immediately on anyone trying to enter the armoury, is in the armoury, or is leaving it
The problem with the rule has always been that it produces asymetrical conditions which are difficult for some players. Breaking into the armory gets you guns but it gets you shot. Sec is authorized to shoot you but you're not authorized to shoot back. Leads to a lot of "4noraisn" complaints because Shit McGrey made a bad choice and got removed from the round for doing it. I think it started getting admin attention to head it off at the pass and save the headaches from complaints from all parties.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #256072

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the issue here the part where he killed someone else? Raiding the armory FNR is just icing on the cake
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #256075

The use of "valid" in the ban reason is kind of confusing. Was the kill valid or not? If it was, banning for it isn't all that fair, and if not, I'd prefer we stick to the more understandable nomenclature.
I don't really see the problem with raiding the armory considering it's usually a fairly difficult task and puts you on the run for the rest of the round. Security will likely shoot to kill if they catch you and your only real option to fight back is with non lethals or simply evading them. I think it's only an issue if it's (extremely) frequent or if the perpetrators use them being wanted as an excuse to murder.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #256084

"Seeking valids" is a terrible phrase because "valid" means "allowed by the rules."

Literally nothing wrong with seeking out and killing violent antagonists either.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #256112

Personally, I'm pro greytide and pro sec. People should be allowed to be shitlers (within reason), and sec should be allowed to bash their faces in.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #256221

Raiding the Armory isn't "minor" IC crime. It's gaining access to the second most secure location on the station (AI Core is first) and stealing weapons you could easily kill someone with. If you're not an antagonist, and you're not doing it because Sec's dead and there's someone shooting up Medbay, then... don't?
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #256243

Also if you do manage it anyway don;t steal all the fucking guns people need empty out a flashbang box and steal that and carry your internals in it or something steal USELESS shit.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #256427

im gonna post here basically what i've posted elsewhere: there is too MUCH IC crime. every single goddamn round there's a few chucklefucks that law 2 into the hop office and start fucking around, or greyshirt mcbeat breaking windows for no reason, or snowflake name the clown slipping people and stealing their shit; there's so much shittery and IC crime that sec way more often than not has too much on their hands to deal with actual round antags, and when nar'sie gets summoned or the nuke goes off there's always the "woooow sec did absolutely nothing that round gg" from the people we had to deal with. if you want more ic crime, be ready for longer/harder ic punishments from me, at least.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #256472

Deitus wrote:there's so much shittery and IC crime that sec way more often than not has too much on their hands to deal with actual round antags
This is a good thing, it means traitors can actually do literally anything other than just going loud and murderboning
If the only crime taking place is antags and security have time to laser-focus down on every little hacked door and ggnore them then whats the fucking point
Deitus wrote:and when nar'sie gets summoned or the nuke goes off there's always the "woooow sec did absolutely nothing that round gg" from the people we had to deal with.
This, on the other hand, is not a good thing. If you're gonna get up to your fuckin' shenanigans and distract security just to get a reaction out of them, don't be a cunt about the reaction you get.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #256511

Screemonster wrote:
Deitus wrote:there's so much shittery and IC crime that sec way more often than not has too much on their hands to deal with actual round antags
This is a good thing, it means traitors can actually do literally anything other than just going loud and murderboning
If the only crime taking place is antags and security have time to laser-focus down on every little hacked door and ggnore them then whats the fucking point
I don't follow. Your support for non-antags smashing up the place is that their non-antag shittery is good cover for the real antags that don't know how to cover their own tracks?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #256572

Deitus wrote:im gonna post here basically what i've posted elsewhere: there is too MUCH IC crime. every single goddamn round there's a few chucklefucks that law 2 into the hop office and start fucking around, or greyshirt mcbeat breaking windows for no reason, or snowflake name the clown slipping people and stealing their shit; there's so much shittery and IC crime that sec way more often than not has too much on their hands to deal with actual round antags, and when nar'sie gets summoned or the nuke goes off there's always the "woooow sec did absolutely nothing that round gg" from the people we had to deal with. if you want more ic crime, be ready for longer/harder ic punishments from me, at least.
surprisingly reasonable post from deitus actually, I agree
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #256909

>Perma clown for being a faggot (on extended no less)
>He breaks out and warden lets him loose
>What ever, just dont fuck with sec
>making clown mech
>take the chasis and sax a bit to show the clown how it feels when people steal your shit
>clown attacks later during a rad storm
>stun cuff, and throw him the fuck out. Let god sort him out
>he rages in OOC after round
>justice has been served
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #256916

calzilla1 wrote:>stun cuff, and throw him the fuck out. Let god sort him out
on the one hand, wew lad

on the other it's a clown he deserved it
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #256954

If you don't want to deal with crime why are you playing security
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #256962

Kor wrote:If you don't want to deal with crime why are you playing security
This.

last round we had a non antag try to break in the armory, after some fucking up on my part he got my weapons and id, about 20 minutes later he got cornered and lynched.

problem solved.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #256966

I don't get what people expect out of sec if not crime. Solving crimes and dealing with crimers is literally all you have to do.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #256984

Crime should be from the antagonists, whose responsibility is to do suspicious stuff to spice up the round. Not from the average greyshirt with budget insuls, a stunprod and a fetish for spacing Ian.

Consider:
1) Eliminate unprovoked IC crime [read: no spacing Ian just because the HoP won't give you all-access]
2) This means Security is less hell to play, but also means they focus on actual antags more...
3) ... so we also make it bannable to validkill antags just because you can [read: if you find an emag on someone, charge them with possession of contraband, interrogate them for a bit, don't execute them on the spot].

"But wait, won't this mean antags come back with a revolver and kill Security?"
Maybe. If that happens too frequently, we just make antags need proper reasons to go postal.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #256995

TheNightingale wrote:Crime should be from the antagonists, whose responsibility is to do suspicious stuff to spice up the round. Not from the average greyshirt with budget insuls, a stunprod and a fetish for spacing Ian.

Consider:
1) Eliminate unprovoked IC crime [read: no spacing Ian just because the HoP won't give you all-access]
2) This means Security is less hell to play, but also means they focus on actual antags more...
3) ... so we also make it bannable to validkill antags just because you can [read: if you find an emag on someone, charge them with possession of contraband, interrogate them for a bit, don't execute them on the spot].

Maybe. If that happens too frequently, we just make antags need proper reasons to go postal.
This would be swell, on a server with RP requirements where this would make sense.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #257053

TheNightingale wrote:Crime should be from the antagonists, whose responsibility is to do suspicious stuff to spice up the round. Not from the average greyshirt with budget insuls, a stunprod and a fetish for spacing Ian.

Consider:

Sounds great

Also sounds like something that will never happen on /tg/, the server just doesn't play that way and the effort it would take to rewrite rules/convince players seems unlikely to ever happen

EDIT: I'm not trying to be sarcastic btw, I actually would think that's fun, but that's just not really feasible imo
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #257059

> sec officer kills person
> why
> they stole a toolbox and only antags can steal

hmmmm
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #257382

What nightingale is saying is "instead of annoying greytide and murderbonong antags, lets make all nonantag crime ooc and antags petty criminals" wtf
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #257385

crime and the conflict it creates is a massive part of the game and trying to remove/limit it shows an incredible amount of ignorance
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #257392

I'm saying, don't steal someone's toolbox for no raisins. It's not about the act, it's about the principle of "don't be a dick". You need that guy's toolbox real bad, and it has to be that one (e.g. syndie toolbox, and you work rnd)? Ask him for it. Does he rudely tell you to bugger off? Okay, *now* you can steal it.

Yes, crime is important, but unprovoked crime is bad. If you spend your shift helping people and being nice at every opportunity, the only ones doing you wrong should be the antagonists. But if you act abrasively (e.g. taking all the diamond as a Roboticist), expect retaliation (e.g. the Scientists stunning you and taking it back).

If you're going to do something that screws someone else over, ask yourself why. Is your answer "idk lmao"? Don't do it.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #257456

TheNightingale wrote:I'm saying, don't steal someone's toolbox for no raisins. It's not about the act, it's about the principle of "don't be a dick". You need that guy's toolbox real bad, and it has to be that one (e.g. syndie toolbox, and you work rnd)? Ask him for it. Does he rudely tell you to bugger off? Okay, *now* you can steal it.

Yes, crime is important, but unprovoked crime is bad. If you spend your shift helping people and being nice at every opportunity, the only ones doing you wrong should be the antagonists. But if you act abrasively (e.g. taking all the diamond as a Roboticist), expect retaliation (e.g. the Scientists stunning you and taking it back).

If you're going to do something that screws someone else over, ask yourself why. Is your answer "idk lmao"? Don't do it.
except don't be a dick is a terribly worded rule because people are dicks to each other all the time.

The game is driven by conflict, caused by differences in interests.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #257495

I think what people don't realise is that, although conflict is one way to create fun, it's also not the only way. You can have fun in extended rounds where nobody self-antags and tides... but there's no conflict in sight.