There is too little greytide

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

There is too little greytide

Post by CPTANT » #244064

There is. I rarely have to do with greytide at all while playing security.

In fact I would say a server culture has developed where greytide is seen as a bannable offence and a form of "being a shitter".

The fact is that greytide makes things interesting. Both for security and the tide.

A server culture has also developed where security either doesn't care about your crime, or outright perma's/ executes you.

I think at the core of this is the severity with which greytide and escalation from greytide (labeling such acts as banbaiting) are currently treated by the admin team.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Re: There is too little greytide

Post by TheColdTurtle » #244073

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
funny joke
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #244074

You fell into the language trap CPTANT

Greytide is bad. Nobody wants 20-30 angry guys killing all of security for no reason. That isn't fun.

What you really mean is "there is not enough minor nonantagonist crime that doesn't attract admin attention and more and more things are classified as grey tide"

I wish people would stop using the same phrase (greytide) to refer to mass murder of all security as well as breaking windows or punching the clown.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #244077

This thread is also dumb you're out of your mind if you think you're going to convince admins of anything with a thread titled "people should grief more"
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #244080

Kor wrote:You fell into the language trap CPTANT

Greytide is bad. Nobody wants 20-30 angry guys killing all of security for no reason. That isn't fun.

What you really mean is "there is not enough minor nonantagonist crime that doesn't attract admin attention and more and more things are classified as grey tide"

I wish people would stop using the same phrase (greytide) to refer to mass murder of all security as well as breaking windows or punching the clown.

Well I never used the word to include mass murder of security or something, but whatever. That is basically what I mean.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #244083

Kor wrote:This thread is also dumb you're out of your mind if you think you're going to convince admins of anything with a thread titled "people should grief more"
Hey exactly the problem! minor crime is seen as greytide/grief.
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #244117

There is also the fact cosmic that some admins do not allow metagaming, as in not giving people a harsher sentence because they do x every round. Also

>inb4 this turns into another ban request thread
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #244127

New minor (?) antag:Greytide
1 in a hundred chance fire ALL round start assistants to get the objective "FUCK SHIT UP" and after 10-20 minutes the station gets a CentCom announcement saying: "[greytide assistants] are Rouge and are [legal word for valid]"
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #244130

>AI just locks down everyone
Good gamemode
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #244136

i think it's the duty of players to get up to nonsense that'll get you a 3-5 minute timer
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #244147

calzilla1 wrote:New minor (?) antag:Greytide
1 in a hundred chance fire ALL round start assistants to get the objective "FUCK SHIT UP" and after 10-20 minutes the station gets a CentCom announcement saying: "[greytide assistants] are Rouge and are [legal word for valid]"
be assistant

accidently misclick disarm an officer

HOS PERMISSION TO EXECUTE

tho really how do people misclick in this game, you almost deserve it
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #244148

Minor IC conflict in itself isn't bad and it is encouraged for players to make fun. There is however, a difference between doing it in good taste and fun for those involved, versus doing it to be disruptive and rude to others trying to enjoy the game in a way different than your own.

On the topic, it is a very loose word that different people associate with different actions. Someone may consider breaking station objects or stealing to be greytide, while another might associate it with running around with a spear and picking fights with people. In a general sense, its classified under griefing in most cases, but its important to note the aforementioned; if people are having fun and its not forcing anyone to be involved who don't want to be, there's not really an issue.

I hope this example gives you an idea for perspective: Someone breaking all the windows in the security cells and dismantling the grilles can be considered by disruptive, and generally effects all of the security players on board the station, and might not be so well received. Messing with a single person as you both escalate it between the two of you might be more accepted if both parties are enjoying the action!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #244192

As an admin, I can see both sides to this. Griff is bad. But it's also hard to punish things more leniently when players scream at you in adminhelp for anything less harsh than an instant ban. Even when -- especially when -- it was partly the adminhelper's fault, or if they provoked it.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #244203

Last round on bagil even the HOS and captain were shitters. This is more of a player problem.
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #244204

Oh fuck I broke my own inb4
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #244240

The eternal cycle continues
danno

Post by danno » #244249

TheColdTurtle wrote:Last round on bagil even the HOS and captain were shitters. This is more of a player problem.
ahahahaha everyone had fun but you, man

what does it even have to do with the topic
Last edited by danno on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #244251

I've been saying it for years. Security is generally a shitty job if your only purpose is to bust antags. Sec's generally unfun in traitor rounds because the dudes who you can beat in a fight simply won't start shit while you're around, and the ones who can beat you in a fight will almost certainly do so because Sec kills are a JACKPOT for traitors and when it comes to ebows/eswords/revolvers security might as well be an assistant with a "VALID ME" sign on their backs. Anyway I'm getting off track...

Point is - sec is a better job when you get to crack a few assistant skulls because they wanted to start some shit for the same reason you want them to... you're both bored.

I think this isn't an issue 95% of the time because its pretty synergistic. The problems comes up when someone's harassment of security causes far greater consequences for the sec player. Like if an assistant runs up, disarms your baton (you deserve it for running around with your baton out), and then stuns you with it once and runs off. Classic assistant tactics. Only this time while the officer is stunned some cultist/traitor/changeling walks up and kills the officer on the spot. When/If the officer realizes they died because of non-antag harassment, they'll be seeing red and demanding the assistant gets a ban. Nobody is going to ahelp if assistants AREN'T harassing them, they'll just get bored and go braindead. I just think this game is better if you are being entertained during most rounds, while occasionally get pissed off, rather than having dozens of rounds where nothing objectionable happens (in terms of the rules) and you're bored out of your mind for most of them.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #244438

I want to play on this magical server where sec is permaing and executing people at the drop of a hat, because as the HoS/Warden I've only executed someone maybe once or twice (there have been some accidental deaths, sure, but I'm counting actual, "fuck this guy for the crime he did") and perma even less because people constantly fucking escape from there by busting the window and going for a spacewalk.

Also, greytide is really dumb, meaningless conflict. Whether its griefing for griefings sake or "I broke into engineering because I wanted insulated gloves to hack doors with!" its generally this kind of behaviour that results in the biggest "GRR FUCK SEC" arguments because the arrestee feels hard done by for doing shit that they feel others get away with and sec feels hard done by because people are shittalking them for enforcing the law like its their goddamn job.

If this were a High RP or Med RP server I'd say "shoot for natural conflict that actually makes sense" but thats never gonna happen here so.

Also danno your avvy looks fucking perfect with the party hat.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #244496

>i want a human being to log on to a 2d atmos simulator in space
>i want them to first waste enough of their life lurking on /tg/ enough that they understand what is acceptable grief in our server culture
>I also want them to be selfless and mature and responsible adults who will sacrifice their time for me and play along with my desires as follows
>i want them to spend their time carefully griefing so I can stop them but without admins having to stop them
>i want to arrest and crack their skulls but they have to never escalate beyond non-lethal uses of force while I get to gradually up their sentences to perma or execution
>if they decide to resist and escalate and kill me instead, I will in all likelihood complain to admins

oranges wrote:Image
wait no I understand where you're coming from, chasing up small crimes can be very relaxing rp when you and the perp understand how it is, instead of high-stakes pre-memorized rote antag-validing but still
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #244506

understand what is acceptable grief in our server culture
I've been playing for several years on and off and I still don't understand what acceptable grief is.
I'd like to, though.
I mean dismantling all the cells/making a space tunnel into permabrig/building a supermatter engine in maint all seem like acceptable grief to me intuitively. I don't do that much (or ever I think?) but I assume most people would be unhappy with it for some reason.

What is acceptable grief? Disarming a sec dude of his stunbaton fornoraisin? Getting into a verbal alteraction with the barman that escalates to spacing?
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #244514

Kor wrote:This thread is also dumb you're out of your mind if you think you're going to convince admins of anything with a thread titled "people should grief more"
Hahahaha you say that, but I'm pretty convinced :^)
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
danno

Post by danno » #244515

pro tip:stop trying to figure out what grief is "acceptable" and just push it as far as you can go

not that I would ever do something like that
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #244516

Oldman Robustin wrote:I've been saying it for years. Security is generally a shitty job if your only purpose is to bust antags.
That's only if you play Sec for PvP and want more of it.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #244519

danno wrote:pro tip:stop trying to figure out what grief is "acceptable" and just push it as far as you can go

not that I would ever do something like that
I legitimately don't want to upset other players too much. I guess I should just stop playing with this attitude.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Post by Cw3040 » #244558

calzilla1 wrote:New minor (?) antag:Greytide
If this was added I'd actually appeal my ban just to try it out.
Spoiler:
GREYTIDE STATIONWIDE
ImageImage
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #245019

I nearly got killed by a bunch of tiders who rushed the armory because luke gadow was arrested.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #245034

At least you didn't get map text on you
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #245572

There are people who hate greytide of any form. No Conflict outside of antags = fun for them. They have a pseudo-ban on sec, since they'd rather play non-conflict oriented roles, OR they are banned from sec because they only have the role for valid hunting.

There are people who hate varying levels of greytide. Minor conflict outside of antags + antag conflict = fun for them, it's just that the spectrum varies from person to person [admins included] which means policy will never be a happy medium [hence why there is no hard line on it].

There are people who love greytide altogether. They're banned from assistant.

Then here's little old me who is stuck between a rule 10 and a grey place.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #245663

Honestly I think anyone using the term "greytide" as a sub-in for "any nonantag crime" should be banned because it makes every discussion confusing.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #246624

the problem as I see it is a. the language trap mentioned and b. sec's response to minor crimes

I've been baffled at the sentences sec players hand out to assistants doing little more than carrying a stunprod and jabbing folks with a (regular) pen - I think people end up thinking they need to commit serious crimes or nothing at all, because a lot of sec players don't seem to differentiate
Limey wrote:its too late.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #246641

As a security player I can tell you that there is enough greytide to go around.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #246645

As a player who regularly shifts between sec and assistant, I can tell you security is doing itself no favors by treating every member of the crew not implanted like utter shit, and then often escalating the situation. Wordlessly tasing or stun batoning someone IS an attack, if they retaliate or someone aids them when the most common brig sentencing is death despite zero fucking proof, then yeah they are in the right for defending their life against a crime they probably didn't commit.

As for sec officers who say they HAVE to immediately stun and cuff people to do their job. No, you're just being shit. The only officers I see do this are the same officers who murder people in the halls for disarming them. Stand with 1-2 tiles between you and your target. Use your hailer, tell them to lay down/rest so they can't run or resist, and inform them of their crime. It makes a world of difference in the cooperation you get from suspects when you give them a chance to cooperate to begin with. If you walk up and tase me fnr expect me to do anything in my power to resist you. It's fucking human nature.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Digdugxx
Byond Username: Digdugxx

Post by Digdugxx » #246649

I'm not saying anyone's in the right but its far too easy to robust a sec officer like that
Spoiler:
Qbopper wrote:One of the few posts on the forums to make me genuinely laugh out loud, well done
:]]]
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #246650

Davidchan wrote:As a player who regularly shifts between sec and assistant, I can tell you security is doing itself no favors by treating every member of the crew not implanted like utter shit, and then often escalating the situation. Wordlessly tasing or stun batoning someone IS an attack, if they retaliate or someone aids them when the most common brig sentencing is death despite zero fucking proof, then yeah they are in the right for defending their life against a crime they probably didn't commit.

As for sec officers who say they HAVE to immediately stun and cuff people to do their job. No, you're just being shit. The only officers I see do this are the same officers who murder people in the halls for disarming them. Stand with 1-2 tiles between you and your target. Use your hailer, tell them to lay down/rest so they can't run or resist, and inform them of their crime. It makes a world of difference in the cooperation you get from suspects when you give them a chance to cooperate to begin with. If you walk up and tase me fnr expect me to do anything in my power to resist you. It's fucking human nature.
I'm not telling someone to lie down so they can memebow me, but if they retaliate I'm not executing them either. Executing for simple retaliation is not allowed, but security is nowhere near required to talk it out instead of shooting you and asking after you get cuffed.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #246655

Davidchan wrote:As a player who regularly shifts between sec and assistant, I can tell you security is doing itself no favors by treating every member of the crew not implanted like utter shit, and then often escalating the situation. Wordlessly tasing or stun batoning someone IS an attack, if they retaliate or someone aids them when the most common brig sentencing is death despite zero fucking proof, then yeah they are in the right for defending their life against a crime they probably didn't commit.

"hello good sir, I saw you running from that crime scene completely covered in blood, may I look in your bag?

*Revolver to the face.

There is no such thing as preventing people from running or resisting without stunning them.

You taze them, bring them to a secure location, THEN you have time to tell them why and perform searches. If there is no reason to hold them longer you release them.

Trying to resist arrests happening in this way is completely natural too. That's the entire point of the game, you have conflicting interests that lead to actual conflict.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #246666

kevinz000 wrote:I'm not telling someone to lie down so they can memebow me,
CPTANT wrote:Something about being oblivious
Digdugxx wrote:I'm not saying anyone's in the right but its far too easy to robust a sec officer like that
Gee, if ONLY we had the means to make items in hand appear on a sprite so that if suspect a tries something a halfway decent security officer can react.

Oh wait, you can infact see a person's hands, and its fairly obvious when someone pulls out a weapon. I'm not saying that security should never tase someone commiting a crime or otherwise about to do something dangerous. But in the last few weeks the only times I've ever been arrested, searched or approached by security the first thing they did was tase me. Regardless of what I was doing or had done for that entire round even gave them a valid reason to drag me to the brig.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #246668

Davidchan wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:I'm not telling someone to lie down so they can memebow me,
CPTANT wrote:Something about being oblivious
Digdugxx wrote:I'm not saying anyone's in the right but its far too easy to robust a sec officer like that
Gee, if ONLY we had the means to make items in hand appear on a sprite so that if suspect a tries something a halfway decent security officer can react.

Oh wait, you can infact see a person's hands, and its fairly obvious when someone pulls out a weapon. I'm not saying that security should never tase someone commiting a crime or otherwise about to do something dangerous. But in the last few weeks the only times I've ever been arrested, searched or approached by security the first thing they did was tase me. Regardless of what I was doing or had done for that entire round even gave them a valid reason to drag me to the brig.
Ohw yeah because you can't go from having something in your backpack to having it into your hand and shooting it in 0.05 seconds.

Good luck reacting to that.

Simply running away also instantly increases the difficulty of hitting someone immensely.

You are delusional if you think talking first doesn't give a huge advantage to the person you are approaching.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #246679

CPTANT wrote: Ohw yeah because you can't go from having something in your backpack to having it into your hand and shooting it in 0.05 seconds.

Simply running away also instantly increases the difficulty of hitting someone immensely.

You are delusional if you think talking first doesn't give a huge advantage to the person you are approaching.
So you're admitting that you're not robust enough that in time it takes for someone to move their cursor from their bag slot to your sprite and click on you, you can't click on them once even with the advantage of already having your taser drawn and cursor on them?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #246682

Davidchan wrote:
CPTANT wrote: Ohw yeah because you can't go from having something in your backpack to having it into your hand and shooting it in 0.05 seconds.

So you're admitting that you're not robust enough that in time it takes for someone to move their cursor from their bag slot to your sprite and click on you, you can't click on them once even with the advantage of already having your taser drawn and cursor on them?
That is completely right since the average human reaction time is 0.25 seconds, which is plenty of time to shoot first. And that is without lag or any time to actually make a judgement call of what someone has in their hand.

But hey, who am I to stop you from getting yourself dunked. :roll:
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #246683

Davidchan wrote:

^ The man forgot that antags normally know how to dodge, and the person chasing is at a disadvantage due to how projectiles work. Also, the time it takes for them to click on the object in their bag and click you is about 0.3 seconds if they're your average oldfag antag player.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #246685

I think you guys are neglecting to remember the most pivotal reason that people tase first and ask questions later - that the game does not adequately support both communication and action simultaneously. If you stop to talk, especially with your weapon out, you are completely helpless. You can't move, you can't fire, you can't do shit until you finish typing. Which means that it's objectively safe to just tase someone who you're suspicious of, THEN talk to them.

Now, if they're tasing out of the blue, taking your shit and brigging you wordlessly when you didn't do anything - THAT'S shit.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #247081

kevinz000 wrote:As a security player I can tell you that there is enough greytide to go around.
not sure if this is the language trap or you just werent around for actual greytide
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #247329

As others brought up, we shouldn't use "grey tide" to refer to all non-antag crime. Non-antag crime is fine and can create interesting situations. Grey tiding is griefing. It's really not that hard.

Smashing a few windows: fine
Stealing non job-critical items: fine
Steal an id: fine
Start a fistfight: fine if you don't go overboard, don't ahelp if you get dunked
Break into someone's workspace: same as above, don't go overboard
Breaking a brig window: maybe once in awhile.
Breaking all the brig windows: not cool
3 assistants rescuing a violent criminal from sec: not cool
Setting someone on fire because they stole your 2d space violin: not cool

Most of the ones that are ok are not ok if you do them too much or hurt people in the process for no reason. It's not hard to not get banned.
--Crocodillo

CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #247352

cmspano wrote:As others brought up, we shouldn't use "grey tide" to refer to all non-antag crime. Non-antag crime is fine and can create interesting situations. Grey tiding is griefing. It's really not that hard.

Smashing a few windows: fine
Stealing non job-critical items: fine
Steal an id: fine
Start a fistfight: fine if you don't go overboard, don't ahelp if you get dunked
Break into someone's workspace: same as above, don't go overboard
Breaking a brig window: maybe once in awhile.
Breaking all the brig windows: not cool
3 assistants rescuing a violent criminal from sec: not cool
Setting someone on fire because they stole your 2d space violin: not cool

Most of the ones that are ok are not ok if you do them too much or hurt people in the process for no reason. It's not hard to not get banned.
breaking someone out of jail as a group is fine if there are IC reasons for it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #247366

stealing IDs is something incredibly shitty to do tbh
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #247368

Nonantag criminals should atleast cooperate when in the brig. Making security's life hell, ghosting after first brigging and all that is a huge way to find shitters that should be banned

Like be a dick, fine, but at least own up to it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #247382

I guess this is also applicable to here as well, I was getting confused because I knew I had just posted about this [in another thread].
I guess the issue is that we're stuck between "Greytide is obnoxious" and "Minor conflict is pivotal in rounds to act as a distraction to antag activities and keep rounds interesting where antags are making it feel like pseudoextended".

Basically we're at a point where If you're above the "grey[tide] area" you will be banned, and if you're below the "grey[tide] area" you are "protected" in terms of other players having to deal with your shitty-but-not-yet-deemed-bannable behavior numerous times and risk being killed depending on how they escalate the conflict before they can get you out of their hair.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #247548

Armhulen wrote:Nonantag criminals should atleast cooperate when in the brig. Making security's life hell, ghosting after first brigging and all that is a huge way to find shitters that should be banned

Like be a dick, fine, but at least own up to it.
This. Also make it obvious you're cooperating, get out of lockers/boxes and the like, rest. You'll probably still cop a tase but you make it an easy shot which is nice.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #247688

if you're going to act like that special sort of cunt that security players don't want to have to put up with giving them trouble for the entire round then don't be surprised when they toss your ass in perma just so they don't have to deal with your bullshit any more.

Kinda like the longstanding policy that if someone kicks your ass out of their department and you deliberately go back to fuck with them a second time, they're allowed to do whatever's necessary to ensure you don't fuck with them again.