Ghost role policy

itsswagga
Byond Username: Swaggaboy112

Ghost role policy

Post by itsswagga » #244259

What is the actual policy regarding ghost roles? I teleported to the station as the space bartender (flavor text is just "you are a space bartender!" unlike the hotel's "DON'T LEAVE" message) and Sae bwoinks me saying "why did you leave" "don't". So what is the policy regarding roles like space bartender, animal hospital on lavaland, space hotel. Are they allowed to leave or not? And if not, why even have these roles, they have literally nothing to do, nobody ever visits space bar or hotel unless they're building a cult base anyway.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Ghost role policy

Post by DemonFiren » #244264

As space barman I regularly leave to shill my bar via the teleporter intercom, and I haven't been yelled at.

This is either one of those famous Saeg overreactions or one of those famous "we're only getting half the story here" episodes.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #244297

I think it might be context dependant, I journeyed to the station as Hotel security when all the staff ran off into it to deliver justice to my wayward charges, and then went back. I think if I had just ran off to be security with taser shotgun I might have been bwoinked.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #244299

Why would you spawn as the space bartender just to leave though.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #244305

Swagga's not exactly known for good choices, there's another side to this which is entirely missing.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #244306

I suspected as much, Saeg doesn't generally hand out meme bans.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is Saeg?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #244327

Generally your context as a ghost role is mainly provided in your fluff text. In terms of a bartender, your fluff text is as said:
flavour_text = "You are a space bartender!"
It is not unlikely that a common misconception regarding the fluff text of the space bartender was misplaced with that of a hotel staff, as their roles are similar.

The rules section regarding lavaland are a good idea of how ghost roles are administrated and function:
Follow the flavour text you receive upon spawning to the best of your abilities. Unlike the rest of the rules, these roles are very much defined and guided by roleplay rather than a system of "valid" or "not valid."

Your life is cheap though, and escalation rules are greatly relaxed both for you and any crewmembers interacting with you.
However, if you have a complaint against the admin, you're more than welcome to make an admin complaint, but please don't do so in a policy thread!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #244407

Pardon my interruption but if you specifically name names of admins who bwoink you or say how you got mistreated it sounds like an admin complaint
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Post by Cw3040 » #244559

kevinz000 wrote:Pardon my interruption but if you specifically name names of admins who bwoink you or say how you got mistreated it sounds like an admin complaint
While naming names is a practice I disagree with for policy discussion, I'd think it would be valuable to put up some context like "Hey, I got bwoinked for (insert situation here). I thought I could do that. Is it kosher or nah?"
Spoiler:
GREYTIDE STATIONWIDE
ImageImage
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #244763

Context: Rev round where swagga was afk most of the round as he usually does rolling for antag on both server until he got flashed, ran to bash the CE but got dunked immediately. Respawned as space bartender and jumped right back onto the station. I guess someone forgot to put the same notice on the space bartender as it is on the space hotel since they're essentially the exact same thing.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #244765

Except space hotel staff get colleagues, which makes their job marginally less mind-numbingly boring than spending the round all by yourself in a tiny box.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #244781

Nobody is making you pick the role in the small box you reprobate
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #244809

Gee fucking Willicker, who woulda guessed. Mind-blowing revelation there.

Doesn't change the fact it's just about universally regarded as boring, pointless and a waste of space, leading to two questions: how can we improve it, and if we can't: why is it still here?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #244823

DemonFiren wrote:why is it still here?
Honestly with the space hotel I forgot the bar was even still a separate thing. I suppose it functions sort of like the lavaland "learning" roles that we've got right now.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #244899

Not really topical but I've never once seen anybody play the space hotel jobs, and only extraordinarily rarely see people playing the space bartender. I really feel like they, the bartender, and the lavaland beach bum ruins should be removed due to disuse.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #244908

Saegrimr wrote:Context: Rev round where swagga was afk most of the round as he usually does rolling for antag on both server until he got flashed, ran to bash the CE but got dunked immediately. Respawned as space bartender and jumped right back onto the station. I guess someone forgot to put the same notice on the space bartender as it is on the space hotel since they're essentially the exact same thing.
Called it.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #244939

ShadowDimentio wrote:Not really topical but I've never once seen anybody play the space hotel jobs, and only extraordinarily rarely see people playing the space bartender. I really feel like they, the bartender, and the lavaland beach bum ruins should be removed due to disuse.
Totally agree with all of this, like I get the idea behind ghost roles isn't always antagonistic or whatever but honestly replace the space hotel with a mob of space pirates on a derelict ship with cut rate equipment and not enough exos but give them valids so that the crew can get attacked by dreadbeard and his ragged mob of space assholes if the round drags on.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #244978

Any ghost role that allows you to treat it like a 2nd life on the station is a bad ghost role. You died, coming back into the game with the free mulligan is bad.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #245015

Weepo wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Not really topical but I've never once seen anybody play the space hotel jobs, and only extraordinarily rarely see people playing the space bartender. I really feel like they, the bartender, and the lavaland beach bum ruins should be removed due to disuse.
Totally agree with all of this, like I get the idea behind ghost roles isn't always antagonistic or whatever but honestly replace the space hotel with a mob of space pirates on a derelict ship with cut rate equipment and not enough exos but give them valids so that the crew can get attacked by dreadbeard and his ragged mob of space assholes if the round drags on.
Dude yes, people are scared of giving ghost roles the power to come to the station and murdering people, but BeardBeard the Pirate showing up at escape and pillaging sounds rad. Just give them cutlasses that deal 20 damage a hit and space flintlock pistols and we could call it a day.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #245016

You are a pirate! Would you like to change your name?

xXhookermaster2001xX
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #245018

flintlock pistols when
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster