Vote for rule 0 bans

calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Vote for rule 0 bans

Post by calzilla1 » #247696

I didn't know whether to put this in ideas or in here.
What do you meme?
Well, anytime an admin trys to rule 0 ban some one, they have to make a player poll with at least 2 buttons: ban (can be multiple buttons for severity of the ban) or not to ban! Let the people decide also lets admins off scot free
Last edited by calzilla1 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: Vote for rule 0 bans

Post by Deitus » #247697

im down for this, but it would never happen. even if it somehow was implemented the no vote option would always win.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #247698

Deitus wrote:im down for this, but it would never happen. even if it somehow was implemented the no vote option would always win.
THE PEOPLE WANT BLOOD
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #247701

I can't see any way where putting a ban a the mercy of the mob could end well.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #247703

No way this could go badly at all.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #247705

You can't spell plebiscite without pleb.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #247707

>player polls
yeah lmao because those ever work accurately or properly
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #247708

this might be the worst idea ever posted in policy discussion, which is quite the feat
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #247711

looks like I know who i'm Rule 0'ing next.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #247719

Deitus wrote:im down for this, but it would never happen. even if it somehow was implemented the no vote option would always win.
are you sure? im pretty sure this was you (mightve been somebody else) but ive started votes to see if i should really bother with banning certain people when said certain people has done some grey-area type shit that pissed a lot of people off, and theyve passed every time
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #247726

Quite possibly the best idea came up with in policy discussions. Let's start with a vote for Calzilla :P
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #247736

PKPenguin321 wrote:
are you sure? im pretty sure this was you (mightve been somebody else) but ive started votes to see if i should really bother with banning certain people when said certain people has done some grey-area type shit that pissed a lot of people off, and theyve passed every time
i think you did once, but it was a while ago. im not saying that people wouldnt vote, im just saying the vast majority of all votes, whether restart or admin-initiated, tend to have the majority not voted at all. we either need to make the vote more apparent (pop ups maybe?) or just disregard them, cuz iirc no vote counts as "no" right now.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #247772

I feel like this is an obvious meme post, but I'll respond anyways

Having rule 0 be anything but at admin discretion completely removes the reason have rule 0 in the first place - also player polls suck dick and we all know it
Limey wrote:its too late.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #247784

if we did that we would change Rule 0 from "Admins feel like this player is cancerous and ruining the experience for everyone else" to "Players are salty and want this guy removed."
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #247807

What could possibly go wrong?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #247810

This should be in the shitty ideas thread.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #247876

Instead have it so anyone can pay a set price to have a player banned and any ayer may unban them if they pay a set price above the initial one
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #247885

I had an idea to host a pseudo-ban requests wherein the accuser must challenge the accused to a thunderdome duel (which the accused may decline). However if the accuser loses he can face up to twice the requested length of ban depending on how generous the winner is feeling.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #247887

Buy me steam games and I'll ban your desired shitter for the time based upon the value of the game.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #247891

This would work well, except, you know, direct democracy never ends well.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #247903

kevinz000 wrote:if we did that we would change Rule 0 from "Admins feel like this player is cancerous and ruining the experience for everyone else" to "Players are salty and want this guy removed."
Challenge: Explain how those two standards can be distinguished in a justiciable manner in 500 words or less.

Reminder: I was once permabanned because someone once wrote a salty shanty about me on /vg/
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #248109

Oldman Robustin wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:if we did that we would change Rule 0 from "Admins feel like this player is cancerous and ruining the experience for everyone else" to "Players are salty and want this guy removed."
Challenge: Explain how those two standards can be distinguished in a justiciable manner in 500 words or less.
>robustin telling others to write shorter posts
:lol:
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #248116

Oldman Robustin wrote:

Reminder: I was once permabanned because someone once wrote a salty shanty about me on /vg/
Challenge Accepted!

"If we did the latter you would be banned again"

Is that under 500?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #248334

Oldman Robustin wrote:

"Admins feel" is the key word - usually admin desires line up with the general consensus (I would hope), but in this specific description, the players are irrelevant
Limey wrote:its too late.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #248345

As previously mentioned, if we make it a player vote not only does it give risk and rise to people simply getting people banned that they don't like, but it also negates the fact that we vote in heads and even have admins.
Ultimately players don't have the complete full picture of potential rule 0 players or have the understand to how often or how that person is like to deal with.

I still personally think that rule 0 bans should only be headmin decision, with 2 of 3 heads required to say yes for it to pass. To be honest I already thought this was the case.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #248891

Yeah no, this is the policy in the discord and all it does is create strife between people.

This isn't a democracy.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #248993

more like you and rock pissing on each other all day long causes drama in the discord.

drama neatly solved if both of you were put int othe bin
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #249261

I left, one day to return.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #249600

Most multiplayer games have a way to votekick/ban another player, I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's a temporary ban, not longer than 30 minutes, and limited to one server (unless the other server kicks them too when they go there).
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #249615

Grazyn wrote:Most multiplayer games have a way to votekick/ban another player, I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's a temporary ban, not longer than 30 minutes, and limited to one server (unless the other server kicks them too when they go there).
inb4 salty ghosts just votekick the traitors.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #249623

Considering how hard it is to win a restart vote even when the antag has already murderboned the whole station, I don't think that it will be a issue. You'd have to be a really obnoxious, spamming, shitty player to get votekicked
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #249651

Grazyn wrote:Considering how hard it is to win a restart vote even when the antag has already murderboned the whole station, I don't think that it will be a issue. You'd have to be a really obnoxious, spamming, shitty player to get votekicked
The reason restart votes don't normally pass is because it automatically fails if an admin is online. Restart votes are left in from the bad days when the MC would crash regularly and not enough admins that could restart the server.
Its not there for when you're having a bad day, thats just the slipping of a community as a whole.

Also this thread and vote is for rule 0 perma bans, not for in game temp bans. Though neither in my opinion make any sense when we have admins to specifically do this.

Servers/games that have kick/ban usually do so where admins are not possible or in short supply.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #249660

I know that, even when no admins are on during low pop murderboners it's hard to win a restart, probably because most of the ghosts disconnected or are AFK. But still, you can make the votekick work like the restart vote: no admins? The shitter is kicked. Admin on? He gets to deny the kick or confirm it. If that many people voted for the kick it probably means that the situation is dire enough that the admin is aware and already has an opinion on the matter and can choose accordingly
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #249674

Grazyn wrote:I know that, even when no admins are on during low pop murderboners it's hard to win a restart, probably because most of the ghosts disconnected or are AFK. But still, you can make the votekick work like the restart vote: no admins? The shitter is kicked. Admin on? He gets to deny the kick or confirm it. If that many people voted for the kick it probably means that the situation is dire enough that the admin is aware and already has an opinion on the matter and can choose accordingly
>antag doing antag things you don't like
>gets kicked for it

How about no.
I have no love for the ebow esword leatherface types but just no.