Do monkey cubes monkeys count as living?

scrubs2009
Byond Username: Scrubs2009

Do monkey cubes monkeys count as living?

Post by scrubs2009 » #253748

An admin is pissed at me for trying to do xenobio work as a drone while the operator was afk. The "interact with no living thing" laws were put into place to keep drones from fighting hostile mobs or killing pets. Working with xeno monkeys and slimes is just doing a job on the station. I don't mean releasing slimes or monkeys. I don't even mean killing monkeys. I mean dragging dead monkeys to the recycler and bringing extra slimes to the cold room to be processed.
Thanks, Kev.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Do monkey cubes monkeys count as living?

Post by cedarbridge » #253751

I'm having hard time understanding if this is a real question. Monkeys are monkeys and slimes are slimes. They're alive until they aren't alive anymore. If you interact with them you're breaking drone laws.

>bringing slimes to the cold room for processing
Boi
scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #253752

cedarbridge wrote:I'm having hard time understanding if this is a real question. Monkeys are monkeys and slimes are slimes. They're alive until they aren't alive anymore. If you interact with them you're breaking drone laws.
What about the plants on the station? Cockroaches? Mice? What about dead things? Are they still beings? Is dragging dead monkeys to the recyler interacting with living beings?
Thanks, Kev.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #253753

cedarbridge wrote:I'm having hard time understanding if this is a real question. Monkeys are monkeys and slimes are slimes. They're alive until they aren't alive anymore. If you interact with them you're breaking drone laws.

>bringing slimes to the cold room for processing
Boi
yeah this

this should really be common sense
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #253754

Live or dead don't even matter as far as drones are concerned, you're thinking asimov. This is why drones get bwoinked for dragging around corpses too.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #253756

scrubs2009 wrote:
What about the plants on the station? Cockroaches? Mice? What about dead things? Are they still beings? Is dragging dead monkeys to the recyler interacting with living beings?
Being n. (plural beings)
a real or imaginary living creature, especially an intelligent one.

If its alive its a living being. Leave it alone. Roaches and mice move, are alive, and are intelligent to the level that they are intelligent. Why are you even asking this? How did those monkeys die? If you stuffed them into a slime pen you sure as hell interacted with at least 2 living beings. Guess which ones.
scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 » #253764

Nope. Already dead ones put in by xeno.
Thanks, Kev.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #253765

"is a monkey a living thing?"

is your brain turned on?
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #253822

We should have drone laws revolve around sentient beings, not alive ones.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #253844

Armhulen wrote:We should have drone laws revolve around sentient beings, not alive ones.
Holy shit living or dead does not matter

"1. You may not involve yourself in the matters of another being, even if such matters conflict with Law Two or Law Three, unless the other being is another Drone."
"2. You may not harm any being, regardless of intent or circumstance."
"3. Your goals are to build, maintain, repair, improve, and power the station to the best of your abilities, You must never actively work against these goals."

DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ANYTHING THAT ISN'T A DAMN OBJECT, ANOTHER DRONE, OR THE STATION ITSELF
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #253845

Saegrimr wrote:
Armhulen wrote:We should have drone laws revolve around sentient beings, not alive ones.
Holy shit living or dead does not matter

"1. You may not involve yourself in the matters of another being, even if such matters conflict with Law Two or Law Three, unless the other being is another Drone."
"2. You may not harm any being, regardless of intent or circumstance."
"3. Your goals are to build, maintain, repair, improve, and power the station to the best of your abilities, You must never actively work against these goals."

DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ANYTHING THAT ISN'T A DAMN OBJECT, ANOTHER DRONE, OR THE STATION ITSELF

I feel like this is a good place to wrap this up
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered