Admins intervening against antags

Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Admins intervening against antags

Post by Sweets » #254489

I can understand that admins intervening against a hiding rev head/head of staff, but what about solo antags like wizards?

Heres the deal:
Wizard round mulligans another wizard
I spawn as CLOWN WIZARD the bananium golem
I spawn FOUR apprentices and TWO tickle demons
We teleport to bridge and I get the disk after I confirm my miner target was dead.
I hide on toxins site as shuttle is called almost as soon as I arrived
Cap shows up and almost kills me, I escape to xenobio and hide in depowered waste disposal
Cap knows I'm there because of my honking but cant find me and saunters off
My underlings cause chaos and all manage to get killed as shuttle arrives
CENTCOMM ANNOUNCES THAT THE WIZARD IS HIDING IN A DISPOSAL UNIT
Cap comes in and kills me because I was at red health

Had centcomm not made that announcement, I would have greentexted. Now here is my issue, sure if a tator/ling/wizard kills off almost all the crew admins can intervene with an ERT or something, but I hadnt harmed anyone and managed to greentext with NO SPELLS. But according to the admin that did it, I have a responsibility as the solo antag to make the round interesting.

I disagree with this completely. What if a wizard decides to go full robeless stealth? Does centcomm reveal there is a wizard? Or what if a cult is so good they manage to succeed without ever revealing its cult?

I propose a new rule added to the ADMINISTRATION that restricts them from interfering in ANY antag affairs barring crew extermination unless exploits are involved.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Admins intervening against antags

Post by PKPenguin321 » #254491

hiding in a disposal bin all round as wizard so you can get that sweet greentext
sounds entertaining
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #254493

PKPenguin321 wrote:hiding in a disposal bin all round as wizard so you can get that sweet greentext
sounds entertaining
>All round

It was 7 minutes and I had spawned 6 other antags for the crew to deal with.
Not to mention the previous wizard had left a staff of change around and there was a syndieborg and xenos running around.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #254497

I was the admin who did it, as you know; as I said before it's pretty consistent with, say, heads of staff in rev hiding in space or lone traitors hiding in a locker. For a little while is OK, but indefinitely waiting out the round end countdown in a virtually impossible-to-discover location is pretty un-sporting.

I did try to use some restraint, only saying "a disposal unit" of which there are dozens instead of the exact location. (I know you had the disk and there was a pinpointer, but the pinpointer had picked you up without it. I didn't see the part where the cap was in the room previously, if he was in the room previously.)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #254500

Cap walked up to my disposal unit twice. I was sure I was dead. He walked away both times.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #254503

"i lost greentext once so admins must never touch antags again"

sounds legit
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #254519

lollerderby wrote:"i lost greentext once so admins must never touch antags again"

sounds legit
Directly via unneeded admin intervention.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #254527

admins are DMs as much as they are salt handlers, there's no strict rule saying admins cannot touch greentext, and plenty of precedent for admins to intervene for the greater good.

a rule making greentext sacred is fucking stupid anyway, no importance should be placed on it beyond common courtesy in normal situations, whatever the server is about it's not about protecting greentext
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #254528

Greentext is not that sacred.
Sweets

Post by Sweets » #254532

Why can an admin directly ruin one players greentext when the result benefits noone though? I didn't kill anyone so there was no feeling of "Yess that murderboner that killed me got what they deserved."
Hell when I died literally NOBODY was orbiting me, they were all following the other antags I spawned. TWO who were still alive. Greentext shouldn't be sacred, but it shouldn't be free to just take from someone just because you disagree about how they got it.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #254536

i wasn't in the round so I can't/wasn't commenting specifically on the round

there are many factors at play here, round length, the fact that you were a mulligan, crew player fatigue and losses after dealing with the first wizard, further fatigue and losses dealing with the second wizard, the fact that it's a wiz round, the fact that you were hiding, points of view from players other than yourself, and many more

if you think this is complaint worthy, since it sure as sure sounds like one, make a complaint otherwise I'm really sure no admin or headmin will ever make a rule making greentext sacred.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #254537

Admins are allowed to intervene with the round when they feel the round is not progressing in a nice way and admins should always, when they do intervene, to make things more fun, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong. In this case you described, doing anything to tell your location didn't seem necessary(since you had the disk and the crew had the pinpointer anyway).
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #254538

I dunno man the shuttle was on its way, at that point who gives a shit if the lone antag is hiding or not his job is done and people are getting the fuck out.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #254541

Smells like an admin complaint. Is this an admin complaint in policy discussion? As I can already tell you nobody is going to change rules to make people's greentext sacred.
Freedom
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #254542

Saegrimr wrote:I dunno man the shuttle was on its way, at that point who gives a shit if the lone antag is hiding or not his job is done and people are getting the fuck out.
pretty much this

What benefit was there to intervention if the wizard wasn't stalling the round-end in any way, shuttle was en-route, and the wizard's minions were still providing a distraction from the crew?
Apparently there was less benefit to intervening than there was to not intervening so why the fuck would you intervene

comparing it to a head hiding in a rev round and drawing the round out is a completely nonsensical comparison.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #254543

well if it'll make you feel better, leave negative feedback or make an admin complaint, but the proposed policy change stands pretty much zero chance of being accepted
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #254549

Sweets wrote:Why can an admin directly ruin one players greentext when the result benefits noone though? I didn't kill anyone so there was no feeling of "Yess that murderboner that killed me got what they deserved."
Hell when I died literally NOBODY was orbiting me, they were all following the other antags I spawned. TWO who were still alive. Greentext shouldn't be sacred, but it shouldn't be free to just take from someone just because you disagree about how they got it.
>Nobody was orbiting the literal trash wizard
You don't say.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #254550

I'm locking this as everything that's been said has been said in terms of policy. Everything being discussed is either going on about the admin's actions or the fact that the rules are not going to be changed to make greentext protected from intervention.

If Reondin wants to make an admin complaint against Bgobandit they can do so as this should have been an admin complaint to begin with.
Freedom