[togopal] Esoteric Purple#5848- Cockup Cascade Revenge Mixup

Appeals which have been closed.
Esoteric Purple

[togopal] Esoteric Purple#5848- Cockup Cascade Revenge Mixup

Post by Esoteric Purple » #598894

Discord username: Esoteric Purple#5848
Commonly used names: Albrect Von Helinstine, Garrick Barrick
Banning admin: togopal
Ban reason: As a ghost Role, ten days after playing a space dragon and committing ghost revenge, I went as a Ghost role spider. I committed an act of revenge against the spiders, which would be my second offence of ghost revenge, and third issue with ghost roles.
Time ban was placed: 25th april, roughly 11:30 PM NDT
Your side of the story: We fought against the crew which were armed to the teeth with auto guns, and saws. We were losing, and did not have many spiders by the time I ran into maint. THe fighting took place at zenobio near the stairs on tram station, so I reacted by trying to escape from zenobio into maint. I found the toxins room as I tried to escape, and took a plasma can with me to what amounted to the front lines. I would cover the area the crew were coming in with plasma, to stop them from and murdering everything in the nest. I figured it would be a safe bet since it was just far enough away from the main clutches of eggs that there would have been time to react to a small flood of burning plasma. Not noticing the entire army of spiders next to me because of tunnel vision, I broke open the can of plasma in a way which was inspired by a previous round. Spiders had once used a plasma fire to their advantage around their nest area near the science maint. What helped to solidify the issue, was that I started to die because of toxins (something I did not know spiders could die from), so I broke open a can of o2, to both stop the flood of plasma by overloading the area with gases, and to help make breathable air behind the fire. It was a cock up cascade. This was not an act of revenge through a ghost role. I was scared of the crew coming down over the stairs and heading directly into the nest, so I tried to pull a Russia to hinder the crews progress. What followed, was more gas can breaking to stop the flood of burning plasma, but by that point the situation had already become a massive shitshow.
Why you think you should be unbanned: This was a misunderstanding of the intent of my actions, regardless of how idiotic they were (especially as I was not thinking the reaction of o2 and fire, at least in a logical sense). This should at least not be a permanent ban. I am not much of a team player usually, but I have started to improve. During that round, I was assisting a player who was called Gio. He was a heretic who had no ability to improve his powers by taking a path, since an admin made him a heretic in the place of a guy who had committed suicide on the arrivals shuttle. I willingly let myself get sacrificed, so I could have a reason to become a construct bodyguard to help him out, and an admin helped out with everything. This kind of action is why I should be unbanned. I am more than happy to give up my time, to help other people, and I am not trying to be toxic. There was no malicious intent against my team of spiders; especially since I was one of the few players which started the army of spiders as one of the first broodmothers. This was just a set of very poor choices in a rough environment: good intentions were behind them with the information present. I did not have the whole picture, and the corner I was looking at was horrendous.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: [togopal] Esoteric Purple#5848- Cockup Cascade Revenge Mixup

Post by Pumpkin0 » #598898

You seem to have used the wrong format for this, instead using the discord ban format instead of the ban appeal for the game - You may want to redo your appeal.
the w
Esoteric Purple

Post by Esoteric Purple » #598974

Ah, My bad, guy on the discord gave me this format, so I just went by it.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #598997

Please edit the appeal to use the correct format at https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #599468

You need to edit this to include your ckey, since this is an in-game ban and not a discord ban.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #600457

Moving this to resolvdd since it still hasnt been edited to the proper format.