Appeals which have been closed.
SolumAmant
Byond Username: SolumAmant

Ban Appeal

Post by SolumAmant » #263788

Byond account and character name:SolumAmant Rocky Road
Banning admin: Cheridan
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: As assistant, attacked the chaplain with no provokation, got beaten up and arrested for it, and then logged out. Greytiding is against the rules. Explain yourself on the forums.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2AM EST
Your side of the story: I was afking roundstart and then came back to the chaplain (Shantae Easter) dragging me into the Chapel office and putting me into a coffin. I beat the chaplain and took his bible. Then he kept coming after me for the rest of the round where I then proceeded to robust him multiple times before he eventually cried to security. Where I was then detained and on my way to gulag/perma. So "no provokation" is bullshit. I also did not log out. I ghosted.
Why you think you should be unbanned: You got me for greytiding I'll give you that. Unperma please thanks. /tg/ station always makes me laugh and that's why I love playing here.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by kevinz000 » #263802

I'm the one who ahelped you as you ghosted out as soon as we arrested you and I get really irritated when people do that, as a player, because that normally says to me "This guy only plays the game to make security's life hard and doesn't even care about the consequences because he can just grief someone/do some crime, greytide, and then log off/ghost out and not care about the consequences as much as security puts effort into capturing them". I do apologize as I did not have the complete situation as I was playing that round, but uh, that was what it looked like to me, as a player, at that time. I'd recommend an unban because of these new circumstances.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #263804

I tried to message you but you seemed to be offline.

When questioned, the chaplain said that there was no provocation on her part. If what you say is true then I apologize and I'll be lifting the ban.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
SolumAmant
Byond Username: SolumAmant

Post by SolumAmant » #263805

Cheridan wrote:I tried to message you but you seemed to be offline.

When questioned, the chaplain said that there was no provocation on her part. If what you say is true then I apologize and I'll be lifting the ban.
If you messaged me then I most likely did not hear it as that would have been the only way of me knowing since I minimized byond.
Hamfam77
Byond Username: Hamfam77

Post by Hamfam77 » #264073

kevinz000 wrote: "This guy only plays the game to make security's life hard and doesn't even care about the consequences because he can just grief someone/do some crime, minor IC crime, and then log off/ghost out and not care about the consequences as much as security puts effort into capturing them".
Peanut posting for a second, but I'd argue that a lot of the reason behind why people do that is because isn't not fun being arrested when the officers throw you in a cell/permabrig with no conversation at all. On top of that, there's not too much to do in a cell besides nothing, which is the whole point.

...and I'm sure the reason why most officers don't conversate is because the detainees usually either don't talk or scream shitcurity, so quite a vicious cycle.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #264292

In the ban reason it states "committing minor IC crimes is against the rules". I want to point out that this is horribly false. If it's IC admins don't need to interact with it. Probably just a slight oversight on cheri's part.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #264294

tedward1337 wrote:In the ban reason it states "committing minor IC crimes is against the rules". I want to point out that this is horribly false. If it's IC admins don't need to interact with it. Probably just a slight oversight on cheri's part.
I think you're getting memed by the word filter. :honk:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #264305

greytide
grey tide
tide grey
tidegrey

I think this is resolved, if not just move it back and fuss at me.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current