Appeals which have been closed.
Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

[cedarbridge]Jingfei zhao - chemist gibbing sec officer

Post by Swagbringer » #296301

Byond account and character name: Swagbringer- Jingfei zhao
Banning admin: cedbarbridge
Ban type (What are you banned from?): perma
Ban reason and length: Bombed the security hallway as nonantag. Logged after and gibbed at least one other character in the proceed. explain what happened on the forums to get this lifted
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-05-05 19:39:51
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): cant remember
Your side of the story: I was playing chemist when someone was screaming revs on the radio (turned out to be a cult round i think?), well im chilling in the hall when a sec officer drops a flashbang and just starts firing tazers everywhere. I make a bit of clf3 in a grenade and throw it in front of brig. A few minutes later im arrested by an officer (dont think it was the same one who flashbanged me) and hes holding me outside the breach while im dying to exposure, fight before i slip into crit i activate a grenade in my bag which gibs me and the officer
Why you think you should be unbanned: Im appealing this so late because i had exams that I just finished, so i didnt want to "serve my time" while i was busy studying so im doing it now. Why I activated the bomb is because as i said i was about 2 ticks away from slipping into crit and presumably death, the officer was murdering me, heck i couldnt even be sure if he was security in the first place, so I decided to take him out with me, was that a bad thing to do?
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [cedarbridge]Jingfei zhao - chemist gibbing sec officer

Post by feem » #296302

Yes, it was a bad thing to do.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #296306

Please answer the following questions:

1) Why did you think that the correct response to a security officer dropping a flashbang and shooting tazers was to clf3-bomb security?

2) When you've been arrested for doing something ridiculous like bombing security, and you aren't an antag, why do you think it's a good idea to kill the person arresting you?

3) Do you really think "lol how was i supposed to know he was security?!?!" is a good defense?

4) How did you do on your exams?
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #296311

1) They were being assholes to me so I decided to be an asshole back, pretty immature I guess but its the nature of the game

2) I didnt bomb security, the clf3 made 3-4 1 tile holes in the hall outside security and could have been patched up in 30 seconds easy, not a nice thing to do obviously but it did the equivalent damage of smashing a few windows. I thought it was a good idea not because he arrested me, but because he was leaving me to die so I decided to go out with a bang instead of a whisper

3) not really but security officers shouldnt be killing prisoners like me

4) Very good overall thanks for asking, had one that was a bit iffy I will see what the results are in a few months but otherwise it was great, im pretty tired though right now, was hoping to chill out and play mah spessmen.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #296344

Swagbringer wrote:1) They were being assholes to me so I decided to be an asshole back, pretty immature I guess but its the nature of the game

2) I didnt bomb security, the clf3 made 3-4 1 tile holes in the hall outside security and could have been patched up in 30 seconds easy, not a nice thing to do obviously but it did the equivalent damage of smashing a few windows. I thought it was a good idea not because he arrested me, but because he was leaving me to die so I decided to go out with a bang instead of a whisper

3) not really but security officers shouldnt be killing prisoners like me

4) Very good overall thanks for asking, had one that was a bit iffy I will see what the results are in a few months but otherwise it was great, im pretty tired though right now, was hoping to chill out and play mah spessmen.
Lets take this down the line.

1) You got stunned in the course of a sloppy arrest made by another officer when you acknowledge that there were suspected revs about. Using flashbangs and tasers to arrest people is sec's job. There was no malice against you and taking the minor annoyance to the point of vengeance is silly.

2) Firebombing the hallway with CFl3 is bombing the sec hallway. You superheated the air, torched anything in the area, and melted breaches through the flooring that then vented the air from the area. How this differs from a potassium/water bomb is a technicality. What did you expect to come of you firebombing the brig here? Leads to the next answer.

3) You were dying to a condition that you created yourself. In the process of dying to something you created, in a round you admit sec would have every reason to believe you were a member of a team antagonist actively attacking sec, you suicide bombed the arresting officer, further breached the sec hallway and killed yourself, the officer (unclonably gibbed) and injured several other people. Bombs have never been an acceptable "self-defense" tool. When and if you use explosives or similar mass-destructive weapons you inherently accept the result that use has on other people, involved in the conflict or not.

This will likely not stick as a permaban because it was really only applied because you decided to log off as soon as you'd activated the bomb, but I'm definitely not comfortable removing this entirely. What you did was definitely a breach of the rules and seeing your responses makes me doubt that you fully understand why that is.
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #296348

Well your the admin bossman, im cool with whatever you decide.

EDIT: So is the permaban gonna stay there?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #296616

Swagbringer wrote:Well your the admin bossman, im cool with whatever you decide.

EDIT: So is the permaban gonna stay there?
I've removed the ban and I'm leaving the note as a record of what happened. Go and be free, but do not tread this same path again.
Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #296681

Ok thanks for getting back to me.