Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

ChangelingRain - Tacolizard - 1440 minute ban

Post by tacolizard » #298640

Byond account - Tacolizard
Player name - Lynwood Jones
Ban type - Server ban
Ban reason and length -
Reason: You, or another user of this computer or connection (tacolizard) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is:
(MANUAL BAN) Please do not suicide as a roundstart team antag; if you need to go, adminhelp and ask for a replacement.
This ban was applied by changelingrain on 2017-05-25 02:19:44, The ban is for 1440 minutes and expires on 2017-05-26 02:19:44 (server time).
Access denied.

Server - Sybil

I had no idea this was even a rule, and I've been playing on tg for about 2 years I think. I wanted to play cult, but for OOC reasons I had to leave the round immediately. I did this by drinking a glass of sulphuric acid and committing suicide. ChangelingRain later said that they tried to ban me, but the ban panel didn't work. I apologized for what happened and he explained the rules, and I thought he had let me off with a warning. When I later rejoined the round (when I suicided I had no intention of rejoining, I believed I would not be able to), the server restarted and I got the ban message and was banned.

Why I should be unbanned -
I never knew this rule, and I apologize for what I did. I would've just gone braindead but I though that suicide would make it more clear I wasn't playing. I'm sorry, please let me play again, next time I'll ahelp.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: ChangelingRain - Tacolizard - 1440 minute ban

Post by PKPenguin321 » #298644

Ban reason falls under the "don't suicide roundstart as a vital role" rule. You see this most commonly with heads of staff, but yeah, it applies to antags (mostly team antags).

Sorry if the ruling wasn't clear. I won't lift this because it's not my ban, but if this was just a misunderstanding I encourage Joan to lift this now that you've got it figured out.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #298834

I kind of suspected that this would happen, why does our ban system have to randomly suck ass, lifted.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #298842

ChangelingRain wrote:I kind of suspected that this would happen, why does our ban system have to randomly suck ass, lifted.
thanks
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #299136

Doesnt the huge stickied message for admins say to send people an adminmessage for disconnecting as round-important roles, rather than ban them to make them show up?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕