Ban Appeal of Focarion2

Appeals which have been closed.
focarion2

Ban Appeal of Focarion2

Post by focarion2 » #302635

My first Ban

Byond account and character name: Focarion2/(i dont have it)
Banning admin:laharmontgommery
Ban reason and length: Permanent/in the start of the round i spawned as syndie in the lavaland and i went imediatly to blow the thing up
Time ban was placed: 2017-06-03:12:33:24 gmt
Your side of the story:Well, i wanted to make some cool thing to do, and i got the idea to get syndie and active the bomb, suicide and spawn with the lost hermit to survive the shit explosion and make some cool history
Why you think you should be unbanned:Dude its my first time to get a ban why would it be permanent it was just a prank!(or no)

Yeah that is
bye
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Ban Appeal of Focarion2

Post by Nilons » #302649

What did you expect to happen when you denied 4 potential people a ghost role for the reason of "I thought itd be cool"?
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #302671

didn't know this was a bannable offense tbh
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
focarion2

Post by focarion2 » #302676

Nilons wrote:What did you expect to happen when you denied 4 potential people a ghost role for the reason of "I thought itd be cool"?
Sometimes the meme head do that
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #302679

I don't think this is really perma worthy (unless you have a really bad history)

it was a pretty stupid thing to do, but maybe a ghost role ban at best

EDIT: it was to explain himself on the forums my bad
Last edited by Qbopper on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limey wrote:its too late.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #302681

ok the perma was to explain on forums
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #302755

danno wrote:didn't know this was a bannable offense tbh
Spawning twice with the stated intention of erasing two ghost roles is definitely bannable.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #302763

Spawning twice with the stated intention of erasing two ghost roles is definitely bannable.
This.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #302769

cedarbridge wrote:
danno wrote:didn't know this was a bannable offense tbh
yeah I just didn't think it was worthy of a perma
Limey wrote:its too late.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #302905

Yeah, don't blow up the base for no reason, kinda lame.

To admins: I've said this before, just give them a verbal warning and go to Debug -> Place Map Template to just restore the base. This is an easily rectifiable issue and shouldn't have to require permabans to explain on the forums.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #302910

PKPenguin321 wrote:Yeah, don't blow up the base for no reason, kinda lame.

To admins: I've said this before, just give them a verbal warning and go to Debug -> Place Map Template to just restore the base. This is an easily rectifiable issue and shouldn't have to require permabans to explain on the forums.
I really don't agree with that logic as I've said before in that headmin election thread. At that point, may as well state, "Well it doesn't matter that Joe Smo here killed this player as an admin can revive them. No need to ban them as all can be undone here with a simple revive." Additionally, I also really don't like magical admin intervention in the sake of fixing things that may have went wrong in a round either, as I prefer to let things play out and people learn that their are consequences for certain actions.

Basically my point is that people shouldn't mess with things intentionally and I'd still argue people really shouldn't be detonating that Syndie base just because.

As far as this ban goes, yeah the permanent ban may be a bit excessive at this stage with new tools. A temporary ghost role ban and using the message for when a player doesn't see something or ignores an action can suffice so they read it when connecting next time. If they were there and responded; left as a warning to not to do that for the future.
Freedom
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #302911

TehSteveo wrote:

I really don't agree with that logic as I've said before in that headmin election thread. At that point, may as well state, "Well it doesn't matter that Joe Smo here killed this player as an admin can revive them. No need to ban them as all can be undone here with a simple revive." Additionally, I also really don't like magical admin intervention in the sake of fixing things that may have went wrong in a round either, as I prefer to let things play out and people learn that their are consequences for certain actions.
Not really the same thing, as the ghost role has no real holding on the rest of the round, especially when it's one minute into the round, so it can die and be brought back with no real consequence. We're getting a bit off topic, though.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #302912

PKPenguin321 wrote:
TehSteveo wrote:

Not really the same thing, as the ghost role has no real holding on the rest of the round, especially when it's one minute into the round, so it can die and be brought back with no real consequence. We're getting a bit off topic, though.
It does not matter. Maybe I'm just heavy handed with this, but being abusive with ghost roles doesn't mean a free pass for rules. Yes, lavaland and ghost roles are more liberal with rules. Yet, that doesn't mean one gets the right to destroy things with a ghost role and doesn't give a person rights to mess with other players who may be playing such other ghost roles. There still needs to be consistency, while we can allow more IC interaction to occur, it should not mean the consequences for one's actions escape them.

Disclaimer: I'm not labeling the OP as a horrible person as it's a small hiccup and was an excessive ban.
Freedom
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #302984

Gonna agree with tehsteveo, the result is practically the same if I admin revive someone and admin spawn their gear back after they get killed fnr but we still ban for fnr kills because we don't want players having that level of disregard for someone elses fun. Maybe not bannable the first time but do it more than once and that'll change fast.

The server permaban is lifted, the ghost bans can be lifted in a few more days.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.