Appeals which have been closed.
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

[Krusvik] Limski - Assistant jobban

Post by Limski » #311285

Byond account and character name: Limski, Cecilia Meme

Banning admin: Krusvik

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Assistant jobban
Ban reason and length: Banned from Assistant - Incited a fake revolution as non-antag. Convinced security, the crew, and AI it was revolution during nuke ops, resulting in a few innocent players detained all round. Consider this strike 1 on your probation.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-06-21 17:48:47. server timezone I think?

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): bagel

Your side of the story:
>assistant
>find flash
>go around shouting viva while flashing people. ancient prank
>people play along, that's cool and up to them I guess
>sec and command go full anti-revs mode without even confirming its revs
>command uploads laws that let the AI and cyborgs kill/gulag greyshirts without even confirming its revs
>sec finally catches me, the supposed headrev and implants me, it works just fine
>sec and command continue to be assholes to everyone even after the supposed headrev is caught and implanted
>nuke ops break into the armory and die in like 5 seconds because of a Mayhem in a Bottle. based miners
-BWOINK- It's over johnny. [perma jobban]

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I was not security and did not kill or gulag innocents
I was not command and did not upload shit laws
I was not a silicon and did not shit on assistants
I was just a greyshit running around shouting viva, I am not responsible for sec and command stroking their murdercocks at the nearest possible opportunity because they think they can meta a roundtype from one person shouting viva. actions.

Then again that is only my perspective and from what I see from the ban note I'm supposed to know that there are nuke ops.

That's pretty much my rant i guess
I would love to hear Krusvik's perspective though
Last edited by Limski on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [Krusvik] Limski - Assistant jobban

Post by imblyings » #311291

Bit rude to throw accusations of meta and murderboners at command/sec. You've been around long enough to know rev forces sec and heads to do things fast- its a necessity if they want to survive.

This requires no omnipotence to know.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Limski

Post by Limski » #311293

imblyings wrote:Bit rude to throw accusations of meta and murderboners at command/sec. You've been around long enough to know rev forces sec and heads to do things fast- its a necessity if they want to survive.

This requires no omnipotence to know.
Security and heads did act fast and had every possible bit of evidence that revs indeed did not exist, especially with an implanted "headrev" in custody.
The problem here isn't that they acted, but that they continued doing so even after revs have been disproved and that for some god awful reason I was banned for their atrocity.

As for the murderboners/meta accusations I agree that was rude, I will edit the post accordingly soon.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #311363

Keep in mind there is an imperfect flow of information ingame and the usual course of action taken by sec/heads has a very strong momentum behind it. Players may get confused when the headrev showed no signs of resisting an implant instead of immediately realizing it was a prank. What seems obvious to you might not be to others.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #311368

Why would sec have to pretend to be ignorant when you are shouting viva?
Limski

Post by Limski » #311379

I'm not angry about being in custody, sec did its job, I ate my IC shitter cake and was okay with it.

What I do not understand is the ban itself, pretending to be a rev has never been a bannable offense, people do it very often and I have never seen anyone get banned for it.
I want to understand why is it that in my specific case it was okay to hand out a permanent job ban when anyone else would've gotten away with the same.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #311382

Because other people were affected. Being an IC shitter is fine in low doses and if you're very conscientious about it, as a former headmin once demonstrated, but the main point of the ban seems to be the " resulting in a few innocent players detained all round. " part.

or maybe it was something else, we'll see when Krusvik posts.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #311402

I agree with Ausops, in conscientious low doses, trolling people is fine. My issue here is that virtually every round I see you as an assistant you contribute very little to the round, and even go so far as to brag about how good you are at being a shitter in dead chat. Your antics, more often than I'm comfortable with, cause someone else round-wide grief, from having them imprisoned by security due to a miscommunication you started to straight up robusting them for trying to stop you.

Yes, you cannot shoulder the entirety of that blame, the other half of the spectrum I need to consider is how players react to you, and in this case some of them took it too far. That being said this is a consistent pattern with you, and I believe a break from assistant will improve the quality of the rounds you participate in and will hold you more accountable for your actions.

I will be open to lifting this ban in the future or putting a timer on it. I just want to see better from you. If you avoid assistant and play roles with responsibilities (and thoughtfully execute those responsibilities, depending on your allegiance) I believe I will see improvement.
Limski

Post by Limski » #311406

While I agree with everything you said, if you had taken your time to warn me about being a shitter and/or leave a note telling me to stop being such an asshole none of this would've happened, I would've taken the time to improve, what you did was straight up jobban me when you got tired of my shit, yes, I'm at fault here. but at least let me know when I'm starting to cross the line so I can put a stop to my shit.

I have listened to every admin warning so far and I'm not planning to change that.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #311412

Very well, I'll reduce the ban to a week from when it was placed. Implying you will take the time to do better as you have stated and furthermore implicating I trust you to have improved after the ban duration and this needn't be an issue again.