[i forget] Beardbeard - Make /tg/station great again

Appeals which have been closed.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Beardbeard

[i forget] Beardbeard - Make /tg/station great again

Post by Beardbeard » #313365

Byond account and character name: Beardbeard, Beardbeard Godslayer/Charles Veni/Jonathan Rape/others i cant remember
Banning admin:i dont remember. hornygranny? some guy
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Everything
Ban reason and length: It's me, Beardbeard. Forever.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): A long, long time ago.
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I think there was only one server then.
Your side of the story: I am a trickster spirit.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was a bright sunny day in June, and the clocks were striking five and thirty. Beardbeard Godslayer, his chin nuzzled into his breast in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of /tg/station forum, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him.

The hallway smelt of sweaty aftersex and cat ears. At one end of it a coloured poster, too large for indoor display, had been tacked to the wall. It depicted simply an enormous face, more than a metre wide: the face of a man of about thirty-five, with a heavy beard and no hair. Beardbeard made for the stairs. It was no use trying the lift. Even at the best of times it was seldom working, and at present the electric current was cut off during daylight hours. It was part of the economy drive in preparation for Hate Week. The flat was seven flights up, and Beardbeard, who was twenty-one and takes it easy, went slowly, resting several times on the way. On each landing, opposite the lift-shaft, the poster with the enormous face gazed from the wall. It was one of those pictures which are so contrived that the eyes follow you about when you move. UNBAN BEARDBEARD, the caption beneath it ran.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [i forget] Beardbeard - Make /tg/station great again

Post by oranges » #313368

I think we should consider it, it's been a long time and the worst he can do is ruin like one round and then get banned again.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #313401

oranges wrote:I think we should consider it, it's been a long time and the worst he can do is ruin like one round and then get banned again.
Genuinely this, at least probation. If he has this much will to come back, lets do it
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #313402

I appreciate your support friends.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #313405

Active server ban is by hornygranny with the description "Into the trash it goes!" It was placed on 2013-12-09.

Previous permaban reasons include "Griefer", a link to what I'm assuming is a ban request on the old forums which are no longer accessible, "In a month after getting unbanned, he got banned from 10 different jobs and got 4 other temp bans. You haven''t learned anything. Goodbye.", "Sabotaging telecomms to the point of manually deconstructing every single machine, sabotaging the teleporter, griefing the CMO, and doing a whole lot of horrible shit as a non antag, and then logging out. Explain this on the forums.", a mirror ban from the old ban system, "Failed the terms of your unbanning. Feel free to attempt to appeal in 2013".

I've heard about you and your countless unbans and bad reputation and you have a lot of negative bans and notes involving things that read as just plain grief. I'm going to try getting some oldfags in here if I can to see if they have anything to say, and would also like to hear from you to see if you have any reasoning for wanting to be unbanned aside from fluff ending in "UNBAN BEARDBEARD." If this goes okay I'm actually willing to maybe give you a shot considering it's been like two and a half years since you've last been unbanned and also what oranges said, but you'll most likely be on probation and if the other two headmins both disagree with me you're done.

Good luck!
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #313407

In the four years since I was last banned, I have been cultivating my gamer essence and expunging the impurities. My impish nature no longer lashes out at my fellow gamers. I resolve to be an honorable man. Semper games.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #313408

I remember when he joined as Captain on the OLD /vg/ station and murderboned everybody
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #313410

The biggest question is, why should we give you another chance? You fucked up every single time, getting banned over and over again. Most of the time we stop after people blow their 2nd chance, how many times have you given this chance already and why should we treat you differently?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #313412

He's on the blacklist which means host decision
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #313414

Just for the record he also has two permabans on /vg/ (one still active) and four daybans on hippie (none perma).
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #313415

Surely if we unbanned paprika, Terbs and Tonto we can at least give the beard one more shot after all this time
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #313418

lzimann wrote:The biggest question is, why should we give you another chance? You fucked up every single time, getting banned over and over again. Most of the time we stop after people blow their 2nd chance, how many times have you given this chance already and why should we treat you differently?
It has been 4 years, I am no longer a hot blooded youth, instead a wizened scholar. My dao is no longer that of the barbarian, but instead of the monk.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #313420

Blacklist note: Beardbeard - ban evasion + multiple failed attempts at probation

This wasn't placed by me, so there might be more reasons.

That being said I'm not seeing any reason in this thread to release the blacklist. Maybe you should start from there?

Fetisizing you status as a famious banned player with a narrative ban appeal isn't doing you any favors either.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #313421

MrStonedOne wrote:Blacklist note: Beardbeard - ban evasion + multiple failed attempts at probation

This wasn't placed by me, so there might be more reasons.

That being said I'm not seeing any reason in this thread to release the blacklist. Maybe you should start from there?

Fetisizing you status as a famious banned player with a narrative ban appeal isn't doing you any favors either.
I don't really know what to say that I haven't said before. The other reasons were already stated from my previous notes. Like oranges said if I destroy the fun you can just give me the boot again.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #313423

Do you think we were correct in banning you, why or why not.

You've appeal this ban before, many times, at what point do you think you transitioned into somebody worthy of an unban, why.

Have you played on any other servers who can vouch for your behavior? How about any recent ban evasions here we can get a history from? What ckeys.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #313425

I posted "The hut is that way" earlier, and I stand by it, because if this were anyone else, the thread would have been moved there hours ago. I don't see why someone should be unbanned when they clearly are not putting the slightest amount of effort or seriousness into a ban appeal.

I should also point out that unbanning each of the people Wyzack mentioned was quickly proven to be a mistake.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #313427

MrStonedOne wrote:Do you think we were correct in banning you, why or why not.

You've appeal this ban before, many times, at what point do you think you transitioned into somebody worthy of an unban, why.

Have you played on any other servers who can vouch for your behavior? How about any recent ban evasions here we can get a history from? What ckeys.
Yes.
A year or two ago, as I am no longer interested in wanton murder and chaos.
No, I haven't played this game in 2 or 3 years. No, I don't ban evade.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #313430

bandit wrote:
I should also point out that unbanning each of the people Wyzack mentioned was quickly proven to be a mistake.
Tonto was never unbanned. Neither Paprika nor terbs got banned again after being unpermad. Paprika even ended up fixing bugs and shit again. How do you qualify any of those as mistakes?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #313433

I never got why 2b was bad. I played with him on /v/station when that was a thing. Him and I were space pirates who had to steal shit. I almost died but he dove back in and saved me, all while acting like a pirate.

Just my two cents as an old player.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #313434

Kor wrote:
bandit wrote:
Tonto was never unbanned. Neither Paprika nor terbs got banned again after being unpermad. Paprika even ended up fixing bugs and shit again. How do you qualify any of those as mistakes?
They don't. We just have a shitload of vitriolic retards running around who cement their opinions on people based on singular instances of behavior and don't regard anything that ruins their perception of that person as existing.

It's been long enough to unban 2Beard
It's time people learned anyway
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #313439

Beardbeard wrote:No, I haven't played this game in 2 or 3 years.
I don't know about this, your latest /vg/ permaban was on 2015/5/30 and Hippie says your four daybans were all in March 2016. The incidents on both of these servers took place after you were already banned from ours
Spoiler:
Ghodere
Byond Username: Ghodere

Post by Ghodere » #313440

I support the unbanning of 2beard. It's been a very long time, and he tended, as I recall, to be a good player and a valuable addition to the community when he bothered- he just punctuated his play far too often with bouts of shittery. If the shittery is truly gone, I think the server will be a better place for having unbanned him.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #313442

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Beardbeard wrote:No, I haven't played this game in 2 or 3 years.
I don't know about this, your latest /vg/ permaban was on 2015/5/30 and Hippie says your four daybans were all in March 2016. The incidents on both of these servers took place after you were already banned from ours
Oh, maybe it's been less time than I thought. I don't remember playing SS13 at all for a long time.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #313449

danno wrote:vitriolic retards
Except people who have played with 2b were asked to post in this thread itself, so... yeah?

another quality dannnnnnno post
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #313453

DrPillzRedux wrote:
Except people who have played with 2b were asked to post in this thread itself, so... yeah?

Yes, and when did you last play with 2beard?

Have you considered people change over time?
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #313457

DrPillzRedux wrote:

Reading comprehension, my good fellow Pillz.
If you'll examine the post chain closely, you'll see that I'm referring to the opinions of people like bgobandit on the players Paprika, Terbs, and Tonto.

Silly buffoon.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #313468

I am the headmin of /vg/station.

With respect to your forum's rules, I feel I have the right to make this post, considering my server has been name dropped several times in this appeal.

He made the bed, he now gets to sleep in it. He has years upon years of a terrible, self serving and honestly shit mindset, allow him to reap what he sows. He's literally been a problem everywhere he goes and it's within our best interests to keep him away from our communities. He's been given plenty of chances and he's squandered them all.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #313486

<ausleeping> i dunno
<ausleeping> i think beardbeard hasn't changed at all
<ausleeping> he may have the capability to act like he has for a bit

what stops me from being yet another dumb headmin who thought you became a better person
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Beardbeard
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Beardbeard » #313494

I mean, I don't think there's really anything I can do to convince you that I'm not going to be a trickster spirit again. But again, like oranges said, why not just unban me and throw me back on if I give a man a demonstration of my robust combat skills?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #313496

<ausleeping> someone has thought exactly the same thing
<ausleeping> but then beardbeard got repermad
<ausleeping> someone also thought this exact same thing 'well we can just ban him again if he acts up' before that
<ausleeping> and before that
<ausleeping> it's a cunning argument
<ausleeping> but one that repeats itself if you believe in it
<ausleeping> must be like domestic violence if making sprites go horizontal was comparable

go play somewhere else for a few months, if you can use the trickster spirit to trick admins from another server to vouch for you then you can appeal here again with more chance of success
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.