[Feemjmeem] Ban Appeal - CheSquatt

Appeals which have been closed.
chesquatt
Byond Username: CheSquatt

[Feemjmeem] Ban Appeal - CheSquatt

Post by chesquatt » #318080

Title/subject:Ban Appeal
Byond account and character name: CheSquatt (Account) And Rubs the Hounds (Name)
Banning admin:Feemjmeem
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Gameplay
Ban reason and length: "Near round-end but not after it, plasmabombed cloning and killed a dude. Wait til the round ends." 60 minutes.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):7:19 PM MST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):Sybil
Your side of the story: i had been working on an idea for the potato gun all round, where you fire a flammable liquid alongside a lit torch. I was saving it till round end. I ended up getting left on the station due to getting eat to death and cloned. So with the station evac'd, about a minute left on the clock and with my character blind as a bat from cloning mutations, i picked up the cannon and fired it into the cloning room. There was one brain dead guy there, who along with myself was roasted. Myself being the only victim in this scenario, i thought this was fine, especially considering the fact that the round was essentially over, and that anybody left on the station was probably brain dead, or AFK (point is, this isn't shuttle griefing, even if someone sentient and aware was harmed, we all get red-text in the end and all are counted as dead anyway.)
I immediately get boink'd by two admins. One saying "you destroyed cloning, why did you do that as non-antag?" the other saying "that Brain dead guy could have come back!" (with 30 seconds left in the round by this point in the conversation.) I was then banned for one hour.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [Feemjmeem] Ban Appeal - CheSquatt

Post by feem » #318083

The round isn't over until the round is over. It doesn't end when the shuttle leaves.

Damaging the station in order to suicide is generally distasteful if not against the rules, depending on the degree to which you've done it.

The player you killed was braindead, not catatonic, which means you very well could have killed a player who was about to reconnect.

This is a one-hour ban which easily could have been a dayban for the killing. It was reduced as a result of it being near round-end and the person being disconnected.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #318084

and i didn't bwoink you, what are you talking about
chesquatt

Post by chesquatt » #318088

feem wrote:The player you killed was braindead, not catatonic, which means you very well could have killed a player who was about to reconnect.
I said braindead, i never say catatonic. and they could have come back after being braindead the last 10 minutes for the last 30 seconds of the round? You're clearly grasping at straws here.
feem

Post by feem » #318089

It's a one hour ban for breaking cloning and killing a braindead innocent dude as a non-antag near, but not after, round-end.

Next time, wait until the round ends.
chesquatt

Post by chesquatt » #318100

feem wrote:It's a one hour ban for breaking cloning and killing a braindead innocent dude as a non-antag near, but not after, round-end.

Next time, wait until the round ends.
Braindead innocent guy, who had been in cloning the last 10 minutes and hadn't moved a square, and wasn't about to come back in the last 30 seconds of the round. You know that just as well as I do, don't treat me like I'm dumb.
I broke a cloning room the crew wouldn't use, because they had literally all left. This point is obviously just you being crudely rigid. Which is your right, I suppose, but rigid admins have rarely lasted long from my memory.
You wouldn't have known it happened if you hadn't have been standing right there as a ghost, because nobody would have A-helped it, because it literally disrupted or even inconvenienced the round for nobody at all. Slipping the hallway is by any measure a far more severe crime.
Last edited by chesquatt on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
feem

Post by feem » #318103

I was actually alerted to the release of plasma, because we get notified when things like that happen, and then you lit the plasma on fire after I jumped to the location.

You did it before the round was over. It's a one hour ban. Unless a headmin overrules it, this one sticks. Next time, wait until the round is over.
chesquatt

Post by chesquatt » #318104

feem wrote:I was actually alerted to the release of plasma, because we get notified when things like that happen, and then you lit the plasma on fire after I jumped to the location.

You did it before the round was over. It's a one hour ban. Unless a headmin overrules it, this one sticks. Next time, wait until the round is over.
Can we get a headmin up in here, then?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #318291

The chances of anyone reconnecting were slim but does it take you too much self-control to just wait a few more seconds??

>rigid admins rarely last for long

is it time for saeg to come back
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.