[Armhulenn] Ninja137 - Antag Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Ninja137
Byond Username: Ninja137

[Armhulenn] Ninja137 - Antag Ban

Post by Ninja137 » #324500

Byond account and character name: Ninja137, random name/apperance, Jesse Kanaga during the round.

Banning admin: Armhulenn

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Jobban from Syndicate/Antag roles

Ban reason and length: Several months back, I don't honestly remember when precisely, Kevinz had been talking in OOC about how it was bad that people join onto both Bagil and Sybil. I'd thought that he was joking, since it's every single round that you'll see multiple people logged into both servers, many of them going AFK/suiciding/braindead, and nobody ever says anything or does anything to them, and it's been that way for the entire time I've played. About a week or so ago, Kevinz PMed me in-game and talked with me about it, and told me to stop rolling on both servers, and I did. Since he'd said that, I've only been logged into one server at a time, I've made an effort to participate in the round even if I'm not an antag, and I've actually tried to straighten my shit out.

Earlier today, I'd woken up, got my morning shit done, and hopped onto the game. Checked out both servers to see which actually had people online and hadn't just started 5 minutes ago, and I went onto Bagil. I went around for a bit, and it turned out that there were maybe 6-7 people on the 21+ person server actually active, with all the rest that I'd seen being braindead, catatonic, or otherwise AFK. I said fuck that, because I've seen enough rounds this early when it gets to that, where it'll just drag and drag and drag for 2-3 hours with nothing actually happening, either for antags, normal crew, or ghosts to watch. I killed myself, and I went over to Sybil. Shit happens as I get on-station, report murders over the radio, and call out who I thought did it. Immediately, a radstorm hits, so I skedaddle into maint to not die. Radstorm ends, I'm holed up still because I began eating my food during the radstorm, and there's nothing immediate I need to do IC. Power outage hits the station, Armhulenn PMs me a bit after, and talks to me. He says that I'm double rolling for antag after being put on a watchlist, and that wasn't my intent at all. I was on Bagil, it was dead as hell, and I didn't really enjoy the thought of sitting there for the next several hours waiting for whoever was an antag and stole the ID to finally get bored and call it, so I went to the server that was more active.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): About 5AM EST, roughly.

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil previously to the conversation, Sybil during.

Your side of the story: Pretty much see above.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Because I wasn't trying to roll for antag twice. I've been purposely avoiding doing that since Kevinz talked to me, and the only reason I jumped servers was because Bagil is 100% dead as of the time of this happening. I know that there are people around that dislike me, and honestly, I'm not really going to be surprised if the ban sticks due to that. If it happens, it happens, and at least the server will be happy about it. I'd rather it not happen, and that I actually be able to continue to play, but it'll be whatever it's going to be really, and I doubt that any explanations from me are going to actually do anything.

Edit: Formatting.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [Armhulenn] Ninja137 - Antag Ban

Post by kevinz000 » #324521

I'd like to say that if someone is breaking the rules or even if you think they're breaking the rules but not 100% positive there's no harm in ahelping. Admins will not catch every rule violation and reporting them is important, although I'm willing to accept that you thought I was joking since I don't think I put an official-looking announcement? But yeah.
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #324567

I'd thought you were joking because I've been playing on the /tg/ servers since TLE first started them, and literally not once in the entire time since we had two servers have I ever seen anyone get yelled at, ahelped, reported, banned, or even so much as bwoinked about playing on multiple servers, plus that there are people who commonly do it all the time. You yourself even said that it's fine, you just need to play on both of them. Which is, y'know, not actually possible unless you have four arms and two heads to play on two different screens at once. That's also not the issue at hand at the current time. The issue at hand is that Armhulenn thinks I'm trying to be on both servers, which I'm not, and which I have pretty explicitly been avoiding since you actually said something about it.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #324589

Since when has it been a rule not to play on both servers?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #324591

I do not think that's a rule at all
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
danno

Post by danno » #324592

We have a fucking server hop button, also

???
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #324616

No I told him to not use the two servers for two antag rolls, not "don't play on both servers".
Aka, suicide/ghost/logout if you don't get an antag roll and repeating.
If you want a roll in the grief lottery you gotta participate in it.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #324618

danno wrote:We have a fucking server hop button, also

???
People actually have been banned for this before. Specifically when they make a habit of jumping on one server trying to roll antag, immediately suiciding/logging off if they don't get it, then jumping on the other server to try to get antag there, and once again leaving if they don't get antag there.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #324619

kevinz000 wrote:No I told him to not use the two servers for two antag rolls, not "don't play on both servers".
he joined suicided and went to the other one yeah
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #324620

and then they ghosted out on the one me and gouty were on
danno

Post by danno » #324624

ok i see now
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #324651

Armhulen wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:No I told him to not use the two servers for two antag rolls, not "don't play on both servers".
No, like I literally explained to you multiple times on the server, I didn't.

I logged into Bagil. I explored around on Bagil. It was roughly an hour and a half into the round. The vast majority of people were AFK, catatonic, or gone. There were ~21 people on the server at the time. I've seen enough of how shit goes when that happens that I'm not about to sit there and wait with my thumb up my ass while whichever jackass has stolen the Captain's ID gets ready to call the shuttle, so I fucked off to Sybil.

I got onto Sybil, shouted about some shit going down in Arrivals, and then a Radstorm hit. I hid in maint, and I started eating my breakfast. A power outage hit, and I was still eating, and given I had no real reason to leave my hideyhole immediately, I continued to eat my breakfast because it was fucking 30 minutes after I got up. You PMed me during the storm, we talked, I explained things, you said you didn't believe me, were then confused about why I thought you said you didn't believe me after you literally said that, then you changed your mind and decided that you meant that you wanted to say you didn't mean any malice by it. I stayed in the locker because I was having a conversation with an admin, which meant I was fairly distracted from the actual game itself, on account of both eating and holding a conversation. You then said you were talking to the other admins, then said there was only one, and then antag-banned me and told me to appeal. I went and I typed out the appeal, linked it to you, you replied back I think but I can't remember what was said, and I waited for another few minutes. Once it was clear you either figured it was resolved or were busy, I hopped off, because frankly I wasn't really in the mood to play the game at the moment after all of it.

But hey, you go ahead and give a half-assed explanation in an attempt to paint things the way you want, exactly as I'd said it was likely you would.

Cunt.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #324829

Ninja137 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
No, like I literally explained to you multiple times on the server, I didn't.

I logged into Bagil. I explored around on Bagil. It was roughly an hour and a half into the round. The vast majority of people were AFK, catatonic, or gone. There were ~21 people on the server at the time. I've seen enough of how shit goes when that happens that I'm not about to sit there and wait with my thumb up my ass while whichever jackass has stolen the Captain's ID gets ready to call the shuttle, so I fucked off to Sybil.

I got onto Sybil, shouted about some shit going down in Arrivals, and then a Radstorm hit. I hid in maint, and I started eating my breakfast. A power outage hit, and I was still eating, and given I had no real reason to leave my hideyhole immediately, I continued to eat my breakfast because it was fucking 30 minutes after I got up. You PMed me during the storm, we talked, I explained things, you said you didn't believe me, were then confused about why I thought you said you didn't believe me after you literally said that, then you changed your mind and decided that you meant that you wanted to say you didn't mean any malice by it. I stayed in the locker because I was having a conversation with an admin, which meant I was fairly distracted from the actual game itself, on account of both eating and holding a conversation. You then said you were talking to the other admins, then said there was only one, and then antag-banned me and told me to appeal. I went and I typed out the appeal, linked it to you, you replied back I think but I can't remember what was said, and I waited for another few minutes. Once it was clear you either figured it was resolved or were busy, I hopped off, because frankly I wasn't really in the mood to play the game at the moment after all of it.

But hey, you go ahead and give a half-assed explanation in an attempt to paint things the way you want, exactly as I'd said it was likely you would.

Cunt.
"About a week or so ago, Kevinz PMed me in-game and talked with me about it, and told me to stop rolling on both servers, and I did."

I think the issue was you had built up SOME sort of history for it [or else kevinz wouldn't have asked you to stop] and when this situation appeared armhullen defaulted to the idea you were antag rolling. I don't think it's exactly "cuntish" to assume that's what was happening because we cannot pry ourselves into the mind of a player and know their intentions, so we have to sometimes make the judgement call that may not be right based on what we DO know.

On one hand I don't think there should be an obligation to play a lowpop snoozefest when the other is just fine. On the other hand, you have the tools to roughly determine the situation of the round playercount wise through things like the crew manifest. The situation really boils down to "If you were an antag would you have stayed on bagil", which for most people is a yes and for that reason why admins think you're double-dipping coupled with your history.

There's really not much to do except to see if you can play the game without any chance of antag, which I don't think unbanning you after a day is going to prove to any degree.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Ninja137

Post by Ninja137 » #324865

No, the calling him a cunt was directly because Arm chose to directly misrepresent things and not give full details.

And you can determine player-count, yes. You cannot determine, from the lobby, whether people are AFK, ghosted, braindead, or suicided, which was largely the case for most people I came across during the few minutes I was on Bagil.

"If you were an antag, you'd have stayed" isn't even a counter argument. Literally name me a single person who would go away if they got it, instead of just forcing the round to restart through shuttle calling.

And he did know what was happening, as it was explained to him multiple times, both in previous posts on the forum and during the PMs. And he, unless the server for some reason doesn't have them, had connection logs for the interveneing time since Kevinz talked to me, and thus could see that I've been doing as he said after he clarified himself, and not been double rolling or being on both servers. I'm not saying that double-rolling wasn't against the rules, and I'm not denying that I'd done it. I enjoy being an antagonist, and until Kevinz PMed me recently, I was not aware that the server actually had any issue with doing that, an opinion which was supported by the multitude of other people that often "play" on both servers with the bare-minimum of activity, or simply go AFK in their workplace and never move if they fail to get antag. But once he said something, and it became apparent that it was an issue? I stopped, immediately. And I had no intent of doing it when I was banned, explained as much repeatedly, and I don't feel that being jobbanned from all antag roles is fair in this case. Kevinz clarified that there was an issue with how I was behaving, and I addressed that issue and straightened up immediately.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #324889

Ninja137 wrote:No, the calling him a cunt was directly because Arm chose to directly misrepresent things and not give full details.
Ah
And you can determine player-count, yes. You cannot determine, from the lobby, whether people are AFK, ghosted, braindead, or suicided, which was largely the case for most people I came across during the few minutes I was on Bagil.
True, which is why you should join the higher pop server if you are wary that most people are AFK or whatever, especially when you have been allegedly marked with a "rolling for antag" note.
"If you were an antag, you'd have stayed" isn't even a counter argument. Literally name me a single person who would go away if they got it, instead of just forcing the round to restart through shuttle calling.
"The situation really boils down to "If you were an antag would you have stayed on bagil", which for most people is a yes and for that reason why admins think you're double-dipping coupled with your history."

However, since I can't prove your intentions of such I think i'm going to give you the benefit and remove the ban despite my initial judgement.

Please make a big attempt to avoid placing yourself into these situations, as now you know you have notes on the matter and admins will probably default to assuming you're rolling again. If you think you're going to get flak, make sure to ahelp that you're going to hop on the other server to make it appear less sketchy.

EDIT: You are now unbanned.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current