tunderchief

[HornyGranny]Tunderchief- permaban appeal

Post by tunderchief » #351803

Byond account and character name: tunderchief/Tore Hrafnsson
Banning admin: HornyGranny
Ban type: Server permaban
Ban reason and length: Crashing Sybil with no survivors
Time ban was placed: A while ago
Your side of the story: Sandbox, did stupid shit with explosive objects, crashed the server.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been over two years. I spent a lot of time in this game, nearly all of it on /tg/, having come here when it was still connected to the board. I haven't played in any capacity since the ban, nor have I disputed or evaded said ban, and am wondering how the server has changed since my days of play. This is my only permaban since ~2009, when I started playing. The questions about whether I should be unbanned or not will have little to do with my conduct in game, and everything to do with admins' personal opinions about me as a personality. I spent a lot of time in the game, and was quick to call out admin abuse, which made me few friends.

EDIT: Did not have admin powers, round was Sandbox.
Last edited by tunderchief on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [HornyGranny]Tunderchief- permaban appeal

Post by kevinz000 » #351805

most recent notes
Oof!
edit: if you get out of this please don't act this way i don't look forward to adminpms from you based on these and even more notes :^)
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #351815

kevinz000 wrote:most recent notes
Oof!
edit: if you get out of this please don't act this way i don't look forward to adminpms from you based on these and even more notes :^)
I played /tg/ for six or seven years. If you are anywhere that long and involve yourself, you are guaranteed to make friends and enemies. I was critical of bad policymaking and admin ingrouping/rules abuse and did not hold back my opinions, so a lot of admins, especially bad ones, did not like me much.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #351828

My two cents: His only really noteworthy notes are for being aggressive in PMs, the server crashing one, and an ambiguous one that put him on probation with no stated reason. The ambiguous one probably factored into the permaban pretty heavily but we don't even know what that was about. That seems like a really important missing detail that should be kept in mind when weighing his past actions: We don't even really know what they all were.

Also, if he gets unbanned he should get a note saying to keep him away from admin powers indefinitely.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #351830

tunderchief wrote:Your side of the story: Had admin powers, did stupid shit with explosive objects, crashed the server.
tunderchief wrote: I was critical of bad policymaking and admin ingrouping/rules abuse and did not hold back my opinions, so a lot of admins, especially bad ones, did not like me much.

I find it strange that you state how it was all badmins against you yet there is plenty of evidence that you were in fact a badmin.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #351834

Rustledjimm wrote:
tunderchief wrote:Your side of the story: Had admin powers, did stupid shit with explosive objects, crashed the server.
tunderchief wrote: I was critical of bad policymaking and admin ingrouping/rules abuse and did not hold back my opinions, so a lot of admins, especially bad ones, did not like me much.

I find it strange that you state how it was all badmins against you yet there is plenty of evidence that you were in fact a badmin.
I was never more than a trialmin, and rarely adminned at all, due to internal politics at the time. My admin record is clean.

HG gave everyone admin powers or at least spawning abilities on the round that ended with my crashing the server, which is usually how rounds where everyone is made admin end.

(EDIT: The round in question was Sandbox)
Last edited by tunderchief on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #351839

sandbox.
i was playing during that round
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #351870

As an admin who actually had to put up with this guy I'd put him in the same bracket as 2beard and am glad I don't have to interact with him anymore.

Don't unban this guy for any reason.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #351902

He looks like he's on par with jmad so just unban him the same time so we're consistent hehee :^)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #351927

>I was a victim, a martyr for standing up for what was right, therefore the ban was unjust

I'm told you rules-lawyered and line-toed about carrying bombs on you, with most of our bomb precedents having to exist because of you, and crashed the server during sandbox as 'a final fuck you I'm out'. My own vague memories of your behaviour I was willing to disregard as inaccurate but it's always curious when someone tries to explain away a perma as admins hating them, and not at all because of their own personal behaviour. That leads me to think my old impressions of your behaviour aren't too inaccurate, and that letting someone in who will view rules-lawyering and line-toeing as being some sort of lone crusade against badminning is not good for this server.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.