J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

J_Madison - supportbus ban

Post by J_Madison » #356412

IRC: J_Madison

Banning admin: Niknak

Ban type (What are you banned from?): IRC supportbus

Ban reason and length: (This channel is for support of the server, as a permabanned player, you are not a good example of how to function in this community. Cease and Desist)

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 11/11/18 0528 GMT

Your side of the story: Was talking and giving advice to a recently banned player and supporting them in chatting in supportbus, niknak comes in permabans me.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Supportbus has no restrictions. It doesn't matter if it's me, YBLT, or whomever. As long as supportbus rules aren't broken, we are allowed to be there.

I'm not permabanned.

We've done this hustle before, you've banned me from supportbus FNR, and then you had another admin was it irish or judicator or shadowlight to ban me for you?

Code: Select all

<The_Dreamweaver> Thank you guys for your time, and im sorry fro the trouble ive cause you and the time spent
<The_Dreamweaver> I appreciate your willingness to work with me
<J_Madison> alright. and before you go dream
<The_Dreamweaver> I know id probabaly not get that other places, so thank you, i really do mean it
<The_Dreamweaver> yes
<J_Madison> I want you to remember this, for the future and next time.
* NikNak (~NikNakFla@52B80E5B:406F50ED:DDB6A252:IP) has joined
* [^_^] gives channel half-operator status to NikNak
<J_Madison> It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.
<NikNak> I should really autojoin this channel
<NikNak> ew why is that still allowed in here
<J_Madison> Keep that in your head alright? Hope to see you in a month. 
<The_Dreamweaver> Ya totally, which is why ive been for the most part pretty good rescently with my decisons. I guess i just didnt think about this being seen in such a negativ elight, but thats my fault not bee's
<The_Dreamweaver> *negativ elight
<The_Dreamweaver> *light
<J_Madison> well, I'd say it's a good result. it's just around 30 or so days. it'll be around 2 weeks to christmas
* NikNak sets ban on *!*@Rizon-94928E4C.skybroadband.com
* You have been kicked from #supportbus by NikNak (This channel is for support of the server, as a permabanned player, you are not a good example of how to function in this community.  Cease and Desist)
Last edited by J_Madison on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Dreamweaver
Byond Username: The Dreamweaver
Github Username: TheDreamweaver

Re: J_Madison - supportbus ban

Post by The_Dreamweaver » #356417

I was the user that J_Madison was helping at the time, and very much appreciated the help. Not sure why he was ban, given that JMad was in supportbus to actively help me and my situation, and in someways it actually helped to talk to someone who had been banned before because they have the experience to speak from
Last edited by The_Dreamweaver on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #356418

Not a very good ban IMO especially when his advice wasn't necessarily bad either.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #356419

edited appeal to link a previous supportbus ban that niknak applied for no good reason in the past.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #356425

I couldn't find rules for supportbus anywhere.

I'm so confused as to how we got to this point in time?

You:
  • Were a shitty minimod back before you were perma'd
  • Are permabanned for being a shitty person, that whole erp bullshit, metacomm, toxicity shit, rule 0
  • The ban is lifted by cobby because he used your avatar as the reason????? The ban now expires in march of 2018 so it's not a perma
  • shit on the admins and servers in our own discord
  • or even if it's just "I dont shit on all admins, just the bad ones", you bring up my family as insult like some fucking creep? :?
  • Are an example as a shitty member of the community that was removed but still sticks around in all channels because """absolute separation""""
also apparently your ban was lifted without permission and this is a much bigger thing weeee
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #356430

NikNakFlak wrote: [*]Are permabanned for being a shitty person, that whole erp bullshit, metacomm, toxicity shit, rule 0
[*]The ban is lifted by cobby because he used your avatar as the reason????? The ban now expires in march of 2018 so it's not a perma
Odd that a perma would be removed so silently.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #356432

I've made it very clear headmins can just set it back since it was a meme regarding his avatar (apart from the obvious outranking). It was in both the NTR hut and adminbus iirc. It was a good meme at the time.

It was not done secretly and the semi-serious reason for why it didn't get insta reverted was that by that time he'd have room to improve and if we forgot about it and he never made it apparent then the ban did its job. I'm not sure how you could have missed the thread as it was active for several days.

If it bothers you to no end, just set it back lol. It was a joke at the time and there's really no need to play it up like some big conspiracy I have between jmad and myself when even players were made aware of the action.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #356472

NikNakFlak wrote:I couldn't find rules for supportbus anywhere.

I'm so confused as to how we got to this point in time?

You:
  • Were a shitty minimod back before you were perma'd
  • Are permabanned for being a shitty person, that whole erp bullshit, metacomm, toxicity shit, rule 0
  • The ban is lifted by cobby because he used your avatar as the reason????? The ban now expires in march of 2018 so it's not a perma
  • shit on the admins and servers in our own discord
  • or even if it's just "I dont shit on all admins, just the bad ones", you bring up my family as insult like some fucking creep? :?
  • Are an example as a shitty member of the community that was removed but still sticks around in all channels because """absolute separation""""
also apparently your ban was lifted without permission and this is a much bigger thing weeee
You're not allowed to support and encourage players to appeal and try to fix things?
Sit upon that high horse, there are less experienced players who appreciate the support and advice when they step up to appeal.

It's a rule 0, a ban applied because the original one was appealed. It's a "I want you banned because I can".

So you're the silent person who has been moving me out of discord channels during talks? You don't even contribute to a NTR hut non serious discussion. You just show up to disrupt it.

Your brother - Kazeespada - literally said these things about you.I have never once instigated any incident with you; it's always you that instigates it.

I stick around because I contribute here and have contributions on my belt. I stick around because I have my own reason. I stick around because thank god a headmin or host can appreciate having someone around even if they're banned.

I'll extend an offer and apology for the paste things that've occurred. We didn't get along in adminbus and it's started from here.

It's two years of this petty grudge. The offer is here; you leave me alone, I leave you alone, we both acknowledge each other's presence but do nothing to eachother.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #356473

On that record, I'd like to ask for discord logs of any actions affecting me on Wednesday.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #356502

<J_Madison> pineapples armhulennn could you undo the supportbus ban please?
<pineapples> okay
<pineapples> it should be gone

i believe this is resolved, take it outside guys