Ghommie
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Ghom

[rustledjimm] Ghom - First, apologises for an abrupt logout

Post by Ghommie » #358747

Byond account and character name: Ghom - Scuff Gerald

Banning admin: rustledjimm

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent ban

Ban reason and length: "As an assistant uploaded a law stating the AI was god (when they wanted a law stating themselves as god). Aided an antag and then killed the AI after the AI threatened them with delimbing. They disconnected during Questioning. [...] The is a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): (BanID #32460) was applied by rustledjimm on 2017-11-17 12:49:51 (UTC+1)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story: For the first part regarding the upload it's summed up. After changing my job to "Assistant Captain" due to other events and getting tasered while uploading of the Corporate Lawset; I lost focus and uploaded the god law phrased in first person instead of third. Regarding the antag, that was not done on purpose. When I reached the antag in medbay, A shadowling which was being fought off by the medical team, I wielded the only ranged weaponary I had, a DragNET, and shot it point blank. The problem is I forgot to switch the modes, causing the shadowling to being knocked by the stamina damage and being teleported away moments after instead. Following that, the AI started focusing on blaming me as harmful and thrown in some threats, moreover to their interpretation of law 5 that entabilished some sort of tyrannic theocracy. after negotiations failed to their behaviour and the presence of Security Cyborgs on station, I deemed other options to be less effective and easy to pull than breaking in their Core Chamber and terminating them. Afterward I carded their dead frame and spaced them. Last part, I couldn't finish what I started since I had some commitments to do later, so I ghosted inside a disposal bin, just to be stopped by the promptly received Admin PM. So I stood around some more before my computer automatically shut down as for system update after I probably missed a warning. Again, my apologises.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I received a fair amount of warnings during throughfully these months so I'm not pretending to be unbanned if this has to be considered the cherry on top. The perma ban was applied to force resuming the discussion, though, so that should be shortened to an adequate time.

EDIT: Recently formatted a bit. Sorry for it still being lenghty.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: [rustledjimm] Ghom - First, apologises for an abrupt log

Post by Rustledjimm » #358850

Here's the full ban quote just to state the reason this was a perma.
Permanently banned - As an assistant uploaded a law stating the AI was god (when they wanted a law stating themselves as god). Aided an antag and then killed the AI after the AI threatened them with delimbing. They disconnected during questioning. Please appeal on the forums so this can actually be discussed.
I'd just like to discuss a few things about the round first of all.

So I had a look through the logs and it does show that your first shot with the dragNET was netting meaning you possibly didn't know the setting. I'm fine with that after looking through the logs. I can see why the AI misinterpretted that as you aiding them and possibly went after you. Going as far to break into their upload and kill them as a non-antag I think is taking it quite far, now I don't find any of this in itself bannable however if we go onto the next thing...

The real thing I would like to talk about is why you seem to be getting into these kinds of situations all the time and now seems like a good moment to bring this up. Since March you've gathered 30 notes. A good near half of these are to do with a very power-gamey, valid-hunting attitude. It's been noted on several occassions now, especially regarding your grey-tiding behaviour.

I'm going to remove this ban entirely, I more want this to be a wake up call for yourself. We are noticing a trend in your gameplay and you are treading very close to a rule 1 ban if you keep it up.

If you've any questions I'm happy to answer them.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #358874

Rustledjimm wrote: The real thing I would like to talk about is why you seem to be getting into these kinds of situations all the time and now seems like a good moment to bring this up. Since March you've gathered 30 notes.
Kor you were right all along :(
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Ghommie
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Ghom

Post by Ghommie » #358876

Quite aware of my exceeding competitive mentality, I have no argument to ask about aside wheter 8 or the 30 notes were hidden or it was rounded up, as I could only count almost 2 dozens. Other than that I'd say the rest were about some bouts of imprudence that went as far as using internet slangs. I'm in good faith that people won't overstimate the numbers rather than their contents.

Edit: Can't tell wheter "I called it" or not right now.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #359095

I discussed your notes on the server with you. Since you had no other questions this is finished. Thanks for taking your time to discuss things.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes