kit2it

ban for asking how ip ban works

Post by kit2it » #360817

[Thunder12345] Edward T.stalker - ban evasion missunderstanding

Post Content:
Byond account and character name:kit2it Edward T.stalker
Banning admin:Thunder12345
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Perma ban
Ban reason and length:i asked information about how ip ban works, server in question was paradise
Time ban was placed (including time zone):
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):bagil
Your side of the story:i was asking information about how ban ip works, on another server this case paradise
Why you think you should be unbanned: if he wanted to make me stop asking information about it, he should had asked me to stop.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: ban for asking how ip ban works

Post by Armhulen » #360818

actual ban reason: Asked in ahelp for help evading a ban on paradise. Not the sort of trash that should be floating around here.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #360854

I didn't ban you for asking for information, I banned you at the point where you made it clear you just wanted help with your ban evasion. If you're willing to shit up one server then openly talk about evading that ban, why should we have to put up with you?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
kit2it

Post by kit2it » #360861

Dude, i never asked you if could help me, if you've checked your messeges you would see that i was asking on how the ip ban works, i never said something like ''hey mr admin, those guys at paradise ban me, could you help me to fight back?'' i even remember asking if manually changing the ip (just using another wi-fi) would work on that, besides, what makes me think that you were mad at that moment is that you ban me right away, you never said, ''hey, we don't like to give information about it'' or something more normal like ''hey, Fuck off'', if you don't wanted to talk about it you could've simply say that, and even in the situation that you are saying, i think that only saying ''Fuck off'' would rather be better solution.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #360865

So you weren't asking for help with ban evasion, you were just wanting help with working out if your plan to evade would work. Totally different thing. If you're willing to be shit on another server and then evade that, it doesn't exactly make you seem like the kind of player we'd want.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
kit2it

Post by kit2it » #360866

still, i believe that if you didn't want to be ask, just you could've refuse to be asked, that's what normally what admins do, also you never asked me why i was ban.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #360869

>Hello yes officer, if I stabbed a man how would I dispose of this bloody knife?
>Officer why are you arresting me? I was only asking you could've just not answered!
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
kit2it

Post by kit2it » #360870

>Hello yes officer, if you shoot me what would happend?
>Officer why are you arresting me? I was only asking you could've just not answered!
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #360871

You're hilarious. Sorry but I don't want to bend the rules more than I already have by spamming more shite but let's get something straight here.

You were IP banned from a server. You come onto our server asking how an IP ban works so you can attempt to evade it. You get banned because that is the activity of a shit person who we don't want on our server. This ban is well within our rules, if you've even bothered to read them since you've had an issue knowing the rules of another server.

And your only defence is 'you could've just ignored me being shit and ignored me breaking the rules'.

Amazing defence.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
kit2it

Post by kit2it » #360874

the fact that i'm a shit person is true i can't hide that, although the rules says that ''Admins may mirror bans from other servers at their discretion.'' that means the admin can ban me for the rules of others servers, but the admin never asked me the details of why i was ban more than me saying ''trolling'', also, make a rule of asking how ip ban works, imagine if a cop arrested you without checking why you would kill a person and find out that they don't have evidence.
kit2it

Post by kit2it » #360875

also, if asked you to ban me without any reason, would you ban me?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #360878

Requested bans are a thing.
kit2it

Post by kit2it » #360879

yeah, i know, last time i request a ban to stop playing the game for 2 days, i was waiting to him to say yes.