[Ikarrus] Litlbear- Assistant Ban for Robbery

Appeals which have been closed.
Litlbear

[Ikarrus] Litlbear- Assistant Ban for Robbery

Post by Litlbear » #28572

Byond account and character name: Litlbear, Roman Pavlyunchekov
Banning admin: Ikarrus
Ban reason and length: History of pointless grief. Adds nothing to the game but making others miserable.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12:26 PM EST, 9/13/14
Your side of the story: I sleep-syringed a Detective with the aim of taking his taser. He must have been fast to ahelp, because Ikarrus messaged me, asking if I had attacked anyone. I had not harmed a single person the entire round, which I stated. He then told me that what I was doing was against Rule 0 and 1, and that i've been nothing but a griefer the entire round. I found this a bit funny, considering I had been running around the entire round, doing not much of anything. I thought robbery was an in-game problem, meant to be dealt with by being arrested, and I had been set to arrest. But nope, I was banned from being an assistant and given a 43200 minute ban. I'm a bit surprised, considering i've been robbed and have robbed plenty of people before this. I don't know how spoiled the milk in Ikarrus's cereal was this morning, but this clearly needs to be reviewed, considering I was banned from Assistant and banned for a month. For. A. Robbery. That's a bit strange.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have witnessed, and been involved in plenty of robberies. However, this one, just this one, is a bannable offence. Yeah. I'd appreciate if another admin could review this, thanks.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [Ikarrus] Litlbear- Assistant Ban for Robbery

Post by Ikarrus » #28580

Repeated grief without cause will always be an OOC issue, where incidental cases may slide. I'm not referring to the isolated round, but your entire history on this server. The last straw was you attacking and stripping security and heads without providing an valid explanation, sidestepping my questions and trying to rules-lawyer your way out.

You were removed because I felt that you are nothing but a detriment to the game.

This is a Rule 1 and Rule 0 tempban, up for review by a head administrator.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #28583

Please show logs of where I "attacked" a head, I tased and cuffed the HoP because I thought he wanted to arrest me, as soon as I learned otherwise, I released him. Do not lie to make what you did look better. Not only was I "removed" (for an entire month) I was banned from playing the only role I enjoy. I don't even mind the month ban, it's the Assistant ban I mind.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #28589

It's not strange. You are abusing the role, you only like it because you think it lets you get away with being a piece of shit IC.
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #28591

How can someone abuse a role that starts them with nothing? You're contradicting yourself. Abusing Security because the have weapons, engineers because they have tools/suits, science for all the wacky shit is one thing. Abusing a grey shirt, some shoes, and a box of internals? Yeah.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #28593

Some players, yourself included, abuse the lack of responsibility or expectations that come with the role.

Assistant bans are used as a corrective action to force players to take a role of responsibility so they may contribute something actually worthwhile to the game.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #28595

Not going to lie, that makes a lot of sense. And if I contribute with Medical, would the Assistant ban be revoked?
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #28596

The idea is that if you can play other jobs without issue, the ban will be lifted. I have seen people just quit because they were banned from assistant, which is pretty pathetic.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #28598

Yes, all bans may be appealed at a later time, and lifted if we believe the player can be trusted to play them again.

Playing another role for a while and demonstrating that you make a positive impact on the game is the best way to do this.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #28602

Right. In a month i'll attempt to prove to you that I am positive. And again, for the record, no one was even harmed, and the Head was cuffed for a second and then released.