[intigracy] griff4eva - ban evasion missunderstanding

Post Content:

Byond account and character name: my name on discord is Frank Stelly#6303
Banning admin: Not sure, I was wordlessly banned from the discord

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord forever I assume

Ban reason and length: Discord doesn't give you this information

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12/15/2017 around 9:35 EST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Discord Server

Your side of the story: Well this man called Slignerd came into our discord server and started talking about net neutrality and stuff, so we told him why were glad to have it gone and this big debate broke out. Long story short, it turns out that Slignerd takes around 5-10 minutes to type out a sentence and we offered to give him help with his speeds by playing a typing race game: http://play.typeracer.com/

His car did NOT move fast, and it was very apparent that we had some major problems to work through. Now let me be frank with you here, this would never be a problem. Never. If someone comes to us looking for typing lessons, we will give it to them. It's my opinion that this form of conduct leads to every man looking out for his neighbor, it's just a good way to live life. Of course I'd help him. Anyone with a conscience would do the same. You're all welcome to come to the Hippiestation Discord server for typing lessons, we type pretty well and I can show you how to do it too. Don't believe me? Let's typeracer!

so, then I went to the /tg/ discord to talk to some of my friends there. I made ONE post and I was wordlessly booted from the server.

\/\/\/ The post in question \/\/\/

It could have been an accident actually, because no one told me what I did wrong. In fact, now that I think about it this was definitely the case. So really I'm not so much posting a ban appeal as just asking for a new invite to the discord so I can come and chat.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Re: Tonto Tooktook discord banned by unknown

Post by looping » #366998

Title/subject:
drughunter420killhippies discord banned by tg

ie:
[antonkr] mcgriffon - sec jobban
[petethegoat] blindinggriffin - bullshit ban
[intigracy] griff4eva - ban evasion missunderstanding

Post Content:

Byond account and character name: my name on discord is drughunter420killhippies#0514
Banning admin: Not sure, I was wordlessly banned from the discord

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Discord forever I assume

Ban reason and length: Discord doesn't give you this information

Time ban was placed (including time zone): sometime during two weeks

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Discord Server

Your side of the story: well i was banned and now i want to be unbanned because all my tg friends have left back to tg and this has left be very disappointed
i will rekindle the fire of our relationship with great vigour and furious might
those who knew me will rediscover what it is that defines the human spirit as together our bonds are deepened through blood and occultic petrol magicks
i demand my chance amongst my equals as the ones of old demanded their freedom from slavery
i will consume that which is bad and expel it in the form of good friendship
thank u for listening blessings to all that have supported my lifeform this far coudlnt have done it without u

Why you think you should be unbanned:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #367000

You are not banned from what it seems.

Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

Post by Toronto88 » #367002

CitrusGender wrote:You are not banned from what it seems.

Thank you so much! I figured it was just a bug. If I have broken any rules I will be happy to adjust my behavior, I just am not sure which if any I did violate. Thank you again, I like and respect you.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #367003

looping wrote:--SNIP--
You, however, are banned by arm. Nobody has really appealed a discord ban and there is not exactly a place to do it. I would reccomend you make a new thread, but obviously it all depends on the discression of the administrators.
Last edited by CitrusGender on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toronto88
Byond Username: Booboobug

Post by Toronto88 » #367004

To anyone reading this, I'd just like you to take a moment and marinate on what CitrusGender just did. It's the perfect example of distilled, simple and efficient administration. He handled this perfectly. He handled it minimally. He handled it with grace and poise. He gave me everything I wanted while at the same time not compromising on his own principles.

The actions of this man should be heralded as an example for all of us. Think about it.. if we all, every day, put in even FIVE MINUTES of thought and effort directed towards handling our personal difficulties in life with the elegance that CitrusGender just handled this thread, just think of where we could be.

Often times what holds us back is simply lacking the confidence to get up and work towards our goals. Many things that seem daunting at a distance are entirely achievable once you start trying to reach them. I'm genuinely inspired by what I saw here today. It might seem like nothing to you, but it means everything to me. Moments like this bring me close to tears and remind me that underneath it all, life is beautiful.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #367005

tl;dr but i think you resolved it