Appeals which have been closed.
Zawax
Byond Username: Zawax

[gouty] Zawax - Tomatocalypse

Post by Zawax » #370030

Byond account and character name: Zawax - Peep Tracy
Banning admin: Gouty
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Killed a few people with frost oil gas tomatoes. Additional days added for taking the piss when I asked them to stop and went lenient on them, then they continued to use them
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 7200 minutes.
Time ban was placed :Sun Dec 31, 2017 15:20 GMT +1
Server you were playing when banned : Bagil
Your side of the story:
Gray Tider and I developed and grew the tomatoes. The first time we squashed them they killed me. After that, knowing they were lethal, we tossed one at an assistant who was beating me with a potted plant. He died. Then I grew a different specimen of tomatoes and squashed some in the hallways, people started to slip and two died (i didn't know these were lethal). When the admin died because of the frost oil, he bwoinked us and told us to stop that. We did.

A few minutes later, Gray supposedly threw one of our bioweapons at the captain (he said it was in self-defence), he was almost in crit, so I walked into medbay and tried to inject him (captain) some epinephrine and salbutamol.
Lynch mobs were already looking for us, and when I was leaving medbay, Warden walked in dual wielding lasers and started shooting at me, so I ran away, he kept chasing me followed by assistants, I found Gray being beaten. I got him up and ran away, with a real lynch mob behind me, I squashed around 5 tomatoes in the hallways to slip them and prevent my death. Then I got teleported to prison.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I obeyed the admin when he told me to stop with the lethal fruits. After the bwoinking, I only used them for self-defence IC, not to murderbone or piss anyone off. I agree that AoE weapons shouldn't be used for self-defence, but there was a literal lynch mob chasing me and didn't have anything else on me.
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Re: [gouty] Zawax - Tomatocalypse

Post by Gouty » #370039

Going out for new years, I may be some time
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #370047

The admin bwoinked you after he died to the tomatoes in game?
Zawax

Post by Zawax » #370070

Yes.
Well, he went hard crit, that was when he noticed tomatoes were lethal and that's why bwoinked me.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #370072

Zawax wrote:Yes.
Well, he went hard crit, that was when he noticed tomatoes were lethal and that's why bwoinked me.
Unless things changed in the last few months, admins aren't allowed to handle problems relating to their own character in game if they are playing while adminned.
What makes you sure it was him?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #370085

Round ID 81126, bagil if anyone wants to see the logs.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #370090

Saegrimr wrote:
Unless things changed in the last few months, admins aren't allowed to handle problems relating to their own character in game if they are playing while adminned.
I quickly checked the logs and Gouty straight up told Zawax he got killed by him, I'd like to know why an admin who has been around for some time thought this was okay.
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #370094

Saegrimr wrote:
Going through the logs, Zawax is telling the truth. Zawax and Gray Tyder made tomatoes, were throwing them around, Gouty tripped on them at one point, went into hard crit, Aghosted out of his body right before he died and his first bwoink after ghosting was to the guy that killed him.

Log timeline:

[13:58:47]ATTACK: Peep Tracy(zawax) has thrown tomato with (131,111,2)
>Zawax throwing the same tomato that Gouty presumably slipped on.

[14:00:53]SAY: Gray Tyder/Honkeador : while the coniine causes burn damage (134,111,2)
>Banned user (his appeal is also open) talking about his tomatoes at 14:00

[14:01:54]ATTACK: Carlos Danger(gouty) slipped NON-EXISTENT SUBJECT with on floor
[14:01:54]ATTACK: Carlos Danger(gouty) slipped NON-EXISTENT SUBJECT with on floor
>Gouty slipping on said tomatoes a minute later.

[14:02:26]ATTACK: Peep Tracy(zawax) has thrown tomato with (130,115,2)
[14:02:27]ATTACK: Unknown(lexen) punched Cu Chulainn(datcorvus) with (NEWHP: 95.4) (125,116,2)
[14:02:28]ATTACK: Carlos Danger(gouty) slipped NON-EXISTENT SUBJECT with on floor
>30 seconds later, banned user #2 is in a fight in the same-ish area as Gouty

[14:03:02]ADMIN: Gouty/(Carlos Danger) admin ghosted.
>Gouty admin ghosting while in crit

[14:03:40]EMOTE: @Gouty[DC]/(Carlos Danger) : <b>Carlos Danger</b> seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless... (128,115,2)
>Gouty dying 40 seconds later

[14:05:26]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gouty/(Carlos Danger)->Zawax/(Peep Tracy): dude... I think that's enough
[14:05:43]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Zawax/(Peep Tracy)->Gouty/(Carlos Danger): i was just testing but It got out of control
[14:06:19]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gouty/(Carlos Danger)->Zawax/(Peep Tracy): well you've killed 2 people with it so far
[14:06:27]ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Zawax/(Peep Tracy)->Gouty/(Carlos Danger): two? the fuck
>Gouty's first bwoink after ghosting, to the guy who killed him and he later banned

All taken from Round 81126
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #370100

I think this'll have to be discussed by the headmins.

That having been said, there are two separate issues here:

1) What y'all did was still bullshit and you deserve the ban.
2) The headmins will need to discuss whether or not there's an issue with Gouty handling this particular situation.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #370104

we have discord adminbus, and we have irc adminbus (which you HAVE to be in if you're adminning)

use those to get an admin if you're involved, don't answer your own situation.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #370113

feem wrote:I think this'll have to be discussed by the headmins.

That having been said, there are two separate issues here:

1) What y'all did was still bullshit and you deserve the ban.
2) The headmins will need to discuss whether or not there's an issue with Gouty handling this particular situation.
Should honestly be handled by someone else if anything.

How do we know the length of the ban in question was not furthered by bias of the own handling/dead party?
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #370114

D&B wrote:
Should honestly be handled by someone else if anything.

How do we know the length of the ban in question was not furthered by bias of the own handling/dead party?
yet another reason it needs to be discussed by the people responsible for making those decisions

see how this works

locking thread pending headmins
Last edited by Okand37 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove response to deleted post
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Post by Gouty » #370166

Hi, just wanted to throw my 2 pennies in.

They were throwing foaming coniine and frost oil tomatoes about the place (mostly in primary hallway). The initial adminpm wasn't because I died, it was just because that's when I noticed what they were doing. At the time I thought; ok I could wait for another admin to come on (and hadn't seen another recently) or, as it wasn't a big deal at that point, I could gently poke them and ask them to stop and deal with any unjust killings quickly, get them back in the game (didn't revive myself of course) that way I don't need to bother any other admins, everyone is all happy. They had told me that it was a test, and that they had put a lot of effort into making them and didn't intend to kill anyone, all good. I was also transparent with them about my involvement. At this point Zawax had set off 4 and Gray Tider had set off 2 and were aware of their lethality.

So at this point I am dealing with other bits answering some ahelps and I am literally typing out a clarification of what I said to them earlier and to suggest they shove the remaining ones in the biomass generator and the adminlog goes mental showing them both throwing a lot more (12 thrown honkedor, 7 by zawax). So I teleported them both to adminprison to stop them from throwing even more, we had a chat, I looked into it some more, answered some more ahelps, and then gave them a ban (for the subsequent issue, not really the first bit) but yeah wasn't thinking, what I should have done by the book was get another admin from the start, or even subsequently I should have got another admin to dish out the ban. But this would have lead to major disruptions to the round.

Tried to act in the best interests of the players, honestly my own death didn't factor into the decision making. Will be more careful with my dealing with anything I am involved in in future, i.e. I won't go anywhere near them (as I have done in almost even other situation but this one). I think they deserve the ban they got.
Last edited by Gouty on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #370184

Gouty wrote:Hi, just wanted to throw my 2 pennies in.

They were throwing foaming coniine and frost oil tomatoes about the place (mostly in primary hallway). The initial adminpm wasn't because I died, it was just because that's when I noticed what they were doing. At the time I thought; ok I could wait for another admin to come on (and hadn't seen another recently) or, as it wasn't a big deal at that point, I could gently poke them and ask them to stop and deal with any unjust killings quickly, get them back in the game (didn't revive myself of course) that way I don't need to bother any other admins, everyone is all happy. They had told me that it was a test, and that they had put a lot of effort into making them and didn't intend to kill anyone, all good. I was also transparent with them about my involvement. At this point Zawax had set off 4 and Gray Tider had set off 2 and were aware of their lethality.

So at this point I am dealing with other bits answering some ahelps and I am literally typing out a clarification of what I said to them earlier and to suggest they shove the remaining ones in the biomass generator and the adminlog goes mental showing them both throwing a lot more (12 thrown honkedor, 7 by zawax). So I teleported them both to adminprison to stop them from throwing even more, we had a chat, I looked into it some more, answered some more ahelps, and then gave them a ban (for the subsequent issue, not really the first bit) but yeah wasn't thinking, what I should have done by the book was get another admin from the start, or even subsequently I should have got another admin to dish out the ban. But this would have lead to major disruptions to the round.

Tried to act in the best interests of the players, honestly my own death didn't factor into the decision making. Will be more careful with my dealing with anything I am involved in in future. I think they deserve the ban they got.
I don't care, don't handle your own ahelps!
Zawax

Post by Zawax » #370199

I'd like to say again that, after you bwoinked me, I didn't throw any more tomato until the warden started chasing and lasering me down
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #370214

Lifted the bans. Whatever misery they caused IC was far less than the damage we'd do if we started letting admins bend the "don't get involved in your own situations" rule.