[gouty] Gray Tider- Reason: Killed a few people with frost o

Appeals which have been closed.
Gray Tider
Byond Username: Honkeador

[gouty] Gray Tider- Reason: Killed a few people with frost o

Post by Gray Tider » #370031

Byond account and player name: Honkeador - Gray Tider
Banning admin: gouty
Ban type: Killed a bunch of people and make the station a slippy place for everybody
Reason: Killed a few people with frost oil gas tomatoes. Additional days added for taking the piss when I asked them to stop and went lenient on them, then they continued to use them This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 7200 minutes.
Time of the ban: 15:30 (aprox) GMT + 1 (euro zone)
Server: Bagil
My part of the story: I dont really think I dont deserve a ban, just wanted to say that I took full responsability from the events that were triggered by the tomatoes: I designed them, growed them and distributed them on the station. The other botanist only went along with it, but he barely used 2 or 3 and didnt even grew any of them. If the other guy (called Peep Tracy in-game) has been banned as well, I would request his ban to be lifted. I will accept serving his time if neccessary. Also, I would like to say that the admin did a good job and I abused his confidence. Thanks for such good service. This is not a joke, I really appreciate the work of admins.

By the way: being banned in one station implies being banned on the another?

Thats all. Thanks for all the work and may you have a happy 2018!
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Re: [gouty] Gray Tider- Reason: Killed a few people with fro

Post by Gouty » #370040

Going out for new years, I may be some time
Gray Tider
Byond Username: Honkeador

Post by Gray Tider » #370069

Gouty wrote:Going out for new years, I may be some time
Its ok fam. Everybody gets angry sometimes.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #370078

Gray Tider wrote: Its ok fam. Everybody gets angry sometimes.
Being a shithead in your appeal is frowned upon.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #370116

As it appears this was handled by an admin who may have been involved in the events described, locking thread pending headmins seeing it
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Post by Gouty » #370167

Gray Tider wrote:Byond account and player name: Honkeador - Gray Tider
I dont really think I dont deserve a ban, just wanted to say that I took full responsability from the events that were triggered by the tomatoes:
So this is an appeal for someone else? See this thread

My reply to them:
Spoiler:
Hi, just wanted to throw my 2 pennies in.

They were throwing foaming coniine and frost oil tomatoes about the place (mostly in primary hallway). The initial adminpm wasn't because I died, it was just because that's when I noticed what they were doing. At the time I thought; ok I could wait for another admin to come on (and hadn't seen another recently) or, as it wasn't a big deal at that point, I could gently poke them and ask them to stop and deal with any unjust killings quickly, get them back in the game (didn't revive myself of course) that way I don't need to bother any other admins, everyone is all happy. They had told me that it was a test, and that they had put a lot of effort into making them and didn't intend to kill anyone, all good. I was also transparent with them about my involvement. At this point Zawax had set off 4 and Gray Tider had set off 2 and were aware of their lethality.

So at this point I am dealing with other bits answering some ahelps and I am literally typing out a clarification of what I said to them earlier and to suggest they shove the remaining ones in the biomass generator and the adminlog goes mental showing them both throwing a lot more (12 thrown honkedor, 7 by zawax). So I teleported them both to adminprison to stop them from throwing even more, we had a chat, I looked into it some more, answered some more ahelps, and then gave them a ban (for the subsequent issue, not really the first bit) but yeah wasn't thinking, what I should have done by the book was get another admin from the start, or even subsequently I should have got another admin to dish out the ban. But this would have lead to major disruptions to the round.

Tried to act in the best interests of the players, honestly my own death didn't factor into the decision making. Will be more careful with my dealing with anything I am involved in in future. I think they deserve the ban they got.
Gray Tider wrote:
Gouty wrote:Going out for new years, I may be some time
Its ok fam. Everybody gets angry sometimes.
Wasn't angry, just letting you know if I did not reply in good time that was the reason.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #370216

Lifted the bans. Whatever misery they caused IC was far less than the damage we'd do if we started letting admins bend the "don't get involved in your own situations" rule.