IP Ban

Ban reason and length:
Says "Lol crazy or something" - Perm

Time ban was placed (including time zone):
2017-05-25 09:53:32 PST

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil):
Bagil(?)

Your side of the story:
I just moved into a basement suite here and this is the only connection I have to the internet. I've been playing SS13 on /tg/ for 6+ years and would really like to keep playing. Not sure who got the ban, maybe the last tenant?

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I really enjoy this game and I don't have any other way of connecting to the internet besides the homeowners router.
PurpleDizzy

Re: [owegno] Unknown - New place

Post by PurpleDizzy » #374327

MSG me for the IPv6 or IPv4 if needed
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #374328

Are you sure that you just moved to this place because the IP that you share with the recipient of this ban (losttom) was first used by you to connect in late September 2016.
PurpleDizzy

Post by PurpleDizzy » #374329

My uncle is the homeowner & lives upstairs and I would play when I stayed here. He just got the basement in working order so I moved in down here.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #374332

So you only played SS13 at your uncles house? I'm pretty sure that you are lying and I will be frank, its a lot easier to get unbanned if you just tell the truth and at least feign regret. But who knows maybe the person who got banned did just happen to live in your uncles basement for awhile.

I'm pretty tired and nobody is giving me their opinion on this so I'm going to sleep but I'll see what other admins have to say when I wake up.
PurpleDizzy

Post by PurpleDizzy » #374334

I played at my old apt a lot that should be logged on my account as well. either which way It wasn't me that committed the offence. I could just proxy in but I don't want my account getting a "ban evasion" ban. that's why I'm posting here to get what's lifted on this IP or just moved onto the offenders account.

Anyway have a good sleep, I'll check in tomorrow.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #374335

PurpleDizzy wrote:I played at my old apt a lot that should be logged on my account as well. either which way It wasn't me that committed the offence. I could just proxy in but I don't want my account getting a "ban evasion" ban. that's why I'm posting here to get what's lifted on this IP or just moved onto the offenders account.

"I could ban evade but I'd rather you just unbanned me so I don't ban evade."

sounds like a real treasure
PurpleDizzy

Post by PurpleDizzy » #374336

cedarbridge wrote:"I could ban evade but I'd rather you just unbanned me so I don't ban evade."

sounds like a real treasure

I guess it sounds like that lol. I was just implying it's not me and I don't wanna risk the account getting flagged if I did that in the first place.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #374369

Threatening ban evasion in a ban appeal thread is a great way not to get that ban appeal approved.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master

Post by Owegno » #374431

PurpleDizzy wrote:I played at my old apt a lot that should be logged on my account as well. either which way It wasn't me that committed the offence. I could just proxy in but I don't want my account getting a "ban evasion" ban. that's why I'm posting here to get what's lifted on this IP or just moved onto the offenders account.

Denied. The only IP you used to connect between 2016-09-29 and 2017-09-26 was the one from your uncles house. Just be glad that you got to ban evade for so long before an automated system caught you.
PurpleDizzy

Post by PurpleDizzy » #374458

Wait, are you kidding me? This is one of my favourite games for years and I've been loyal to /tg/ from the start. I haven't done any ban evading ever... I'll admit to a few bans in previous years where I fucked up IC but I waited out the time. I have no ties with the ban on this IP nor is my account responsible in anyway. All I'm asking is the ban is placed on the offender not the IP, as I'm being made a victim of his or her actions..

There is no way that's the only IP on the logs, I know for a fact my apt IP should be on there as well as my parents house a few times
PurpleDizzy

Post by PurpleDizzy » #374459

feem wrote:Threatening ban evasion in a ban appeal thread is a great way not to get that ban appeal approved.
I'm not ban evading... This isn't my ban. Hell if I played at the library or any other connection is it ban evading if my account commited no offence? This is brutal.. I just wanna play on /tg/ and I have to go through all this..
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #374580

Owegno wrote:

Denied. The only IP you used to connect between 2016-09-29 and 2017-09-26 was the one from your uncles house. Just be glad that you got to ban evade for so long before an automated system caught you.
Are you sure?

Lostom and Purpledizzy have actually played on the same ip on different computers within the same day (not sure if both were simultaneously playing in a single round cuz on mobile).

I don’t really want to logdive to check though when I’m already positive you’re not telling us the truth and you’ve already said you can ban evade.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #374588

people are bad with words we should stop dangling closing this appeal over him saying that.

as for what cobby said we should give him benefit of the doubt and lift it IF they were playing at the same time
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #374610

You're different people but from checking the logs you are a lot more friendly with losttom for someone who just HAPPENED to live in the same complex as you did.

Unbanned but please be honest with the admins in the future.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current