[feemjmeem] Paintling - Help Gone Wrong

Appeals which have been closed.
Paintling
Byond Username: Paintling

[feemjmeem] Paintling - Help Gone Wrong

Post by Paintling » #379466

This is my first time using the forums so apologies if I mess something up.

Byond account and character name: Paintling / Was playing AI named Sunni
-Banning admin: Feemjmeem
-Ban type, reason, and length: banned from server(2 days) and Silicon(1 week, was playing AI so unsure if I was banned from AI only or all silicons) for detonating a borg in caught in a disposal pipe loop with multiple players in an attempt to release them from the infinite loop. Said players caught on fire and apparently died.

-Time ban was placed (including time zone): About 10:40ish give or take ten minutes Eastern Time.

-Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil.

-Your side of the story: I was AI-ing as normal, being snarky to the crew and watching the various shenanigans of the station unfold as everyone scrambles to get ready for evacuation and saw cries of there being a loop in evac so I check it out. What meets my eyes is evac locked down with all doors bolted, including maint doors in the hallway outside, with the hallway entrance trapped with the type of disposal tubes that you can walk into into an infinite loop of disposals pipes. I recall having run into one before a long time ago albeit much smaller and you could actually get out of it but I remember how awful and obnoxious it was so I attempt to summon my engineer borg who turned out to be afk in a hallway. As I tell the crew that my borg is unable to help my mediborg pipes up in silicon chat. He tells me he's still active( as I was commenting in robotics how my borgs are never around when I need them) but that he was trapped in the disposals loop. As I puzzle out a way to free him and hopefully help the others I notice the pipe goes into the walls, so it seems like a rather long loop. I inform the borg that I have an idea but it wouldn't end well for him and he says do it.

I blow my borg via robotics console and almost instantly get a message from feem saying I just killed five people. Apparently by blowing the borg and releasing the people from the pipe they flew into eachother either while on fire or burst into flames and caught the others on fire, im still not sure where the fire came from because I know that blowing a borg has a very small and nondestructive -ish radius. After I ask feem how they died (he replied with the bit about the fire) he tells me I can't randomly blow my borg so i tell him that I did not do it randomly and that he was ok with it.He then further says I cannot violate rule one to free a bunch of randos from a tube, I was unsure if he meant Silicon rule one, the server rule one or my first law, and he didnt respond when I asked him later(cause if it was rule one "Don't be a dick" I think the person who set up an infinite loop disposal pipe is far worse than I am while trying to help.). I mention to feem that I legitimately didn't think it would harm the people in the pipe, much less set fire to them, and that the borg was fine with being blown. His response was that since five people died I SHOULD get five days of server ban since I was non-antag asimov and blew a borg on top of people, but instead I would get two days of server ban and "a week ban from silicon" which im still not sure whether that meant AI or all robotic roles. After a clarification on how long I would be banned for I recieved no response to any further questioning.

-Why you think you should be unbanned: Honestly I would be fine with either the job ban or the server ban, both seems like a bit much, but mainly what I want is clarification on why I was banned so I can not do that again. I mean its a two day ban which is annoying, same goes for the silicon ban, but thats whatever. I wanna know the specifics on the why, why all silicon roles, and all that. Cause intentions aside I did apparently accidentally set fire to five people so im willing to pay for that.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [feemjmeem] Paintling - Help Gone Wrong

Post by feem » #379469

You are banned from all silicon roles for one week, including cyborgs and AIs. Please re-read silicon policy. To put it simply, blowing up your cyborg near humans as an Asimov, regardless of the cyborg's disposition towards it, is a violation of your Law 1 regarding not harming or allowing harm to humans.

It is standard policy that when you kill people as a non-antag you get one day per person killed, so the two-day server ban is a substantial step down from that considering that you ended up killing (from my count) five people if you include the borg you blew up.

It's also standard policy that when silicon laws are violated we give the player in question some time off from playing silicons. In this instance, a reduced server ban was placed and a fairly normal silicon ban was placed.

Violating rule 1 in this instance means 'Don't be a dick,' and blowing up your cyborg (another player) in order to free some players from what is, while annoying, a non-harmful situation, is a violation of that player's rights under server rule 1. If the player was in fact okay with being destroyed, then that's fine, but that in and of itself isn't really why you copped the ban and killing four people and getting a two-day ban for it is still a reduced ban.
Paintling
Byond Username: Paintling

Post by Paintling » #379481

Okie doke, I just wanted clarification so I don't do it or something similar again. Also does the silicon ban extend to drones or are they seperate.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #379486

Paintling wrote:Okie doke, I just wanted clarification so I don't do it or something similar again. Also does the silicon ban extend to drones or are they seperate.
Drones are not included in the regular non-human banset. A.I.s, Cyborgs, and P.A.I.s are included in the non-human (silicon) banset, but it is likely you were only banned from cyborg and A.I. although I did not check exactly.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?