[ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Appeals which have been closed.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, In-Game Game Master, TGMC Game Server Operators, Game Server Operators

User avatar
ChangelingRain
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: The biggest lake
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

[ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby ChangelingRain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 pm #380996

Byond account: ChangelingRain/Anonus Tanir
Banning admin: ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-09-25 04:31:13
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I don't remember
Your side of the story: I was annoyed with the original ban, swapped to the old account, and observed a few rounds/maybe played a round, I don't remember.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm real bored and none of the reason for the original ban was due to my in-game conduct.

thats it thats the appeal
Last edited by lzimann on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed banning admin to ausops



User avatar
D&B
 
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 am
Location: *teleports behind you*
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby D&B » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:40 pm #380999

You did abuse and self antagged in game many times, though.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby oranges » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 pm #381004

You are probably going to get unbanned, but showing this little regard for the egregious abuses of trust you committed while a head admin is pretty sad.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 pm #381005

Backup of the original post in case Joan tries to edit it to change her wording:
Image
This post claims "none of the reason for the original ban was due to my in-game conduct."

The logs shown here prove otherwise.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13010&hilit=+joan#p337586
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... 7/game.txt

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by iamgoofball on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ChangelingRain
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: The biggest lake
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby ChangelingRain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 pm #381008

iamgoofball wrote:snip

that could have been worded better; conduct while playing? conduct while not abusing admin tools? conduct as a player?

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 pm #381009

ChangelingRain wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:snip

that could have been worded better; conduct while playing? conduct while not abusing admin tools? conduct as a player?

You straight up lied in your appeal. Trying to change the facts by going "what i REALLY MEANT was" is abysmal and disgusting.

User avatar
Wyzack
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby Wyzack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm #381016

I really fail to see how abusing admin powers to self antag doesn't count as in game conduct

feem
 
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 pm
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby feem » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 pm #381043

I'm disappointed in the low amount of effort you've put into this appeal. When you were an admin, would you even have considered this appeal the way it's written?

Saying 'what I did wasn't important anyway' is neither an admission that you understand why you were banned nor a reasonable indicator that you should be unbanned.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm #381086

Honestly, the one thing that really confuses me is the fact that you refuse to sit down like an adult and admit "okay, I was wrong, I'm sorry."

You refuse to accept blame for anything. Just the other day I had to apologize to Github for calling someone a retard on their service because I got banned. The fact you can't apologize or accept blame is incredibly disappointing.

Why do you refuse to accept that sometimes you are wrong? You did this with your work as a maintainer for clockcult, refusing to accept changes to it that didn't fit your view regardless of whether people liked the change or not. You did this as an admin, with refusing to accept that you did indeed abuse your VV powers to cheat and give yourself infinite re-rolls for blob chems, and here you're doing it again as a player, refusing to accept that ban evading was a bad idea and is a mistake.

Why should this community unban you?

User avatar
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:53 pm
Location: Western Freedonia
Byond Username: Owegno

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby Owegno » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:03 pm #381091

I just mirrored Ausops ban when I saw that you had evaded his ban. As such this is their appeal to handle.

User avatar
BeeSting12
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 am
Location: 'Murica
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby BeeSting12 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm #381104

Yeah its disappointing the lack of effort you've shown in the appeal. I agree with goof. What do we gain from unbanning you?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day


[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))

hows my driving?

User avatar
Krusvik
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:19 pm
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby Krusvik » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:22 am #381187

"... absolute power corrupts absolutely..." -John Dalberg-Acton

I was annoyed with the original ban,


Seeing you attempt and put yourself above server law because you feel entitled to it worries me beyond words.
Image

User avatar
Oldman Robustin
 
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 2:18 pm
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby Oldman Robustin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:32 am #381230

100% of the bad behavior from Joan stemmed from her actions as an admin. Outside of that capacity it seems like there's no basis for maintaining a permaban.

So lift the ban and keep her away from the buttons - everyone's happy.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby iamgoofball » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:43 am #381232

Oldman Robustin wrote:100% of the bad behavior from Joan stemmed from her actions as an admin. Outside of that capacity it seems like there's no basis for maintaining a permaban.

So lift the ban and keep her away from the buttons - everyone's happy.

See, but that's not true at all, and if you read the thread you'd realize this. Why you defend Joan so much despite her deliberately sabotaging your gang and engineering PRs, I don't know.

She ban evaded as a player. This was bad behavior.

She refuses to admit bad design as a maintainer to the point of shooting down Xhuis and other's clockcult PRs, closing them and replacing them with her own competing PRs, or downright sabotaging them like she did to YOUR PRs.

Her actions were most definitely as more than an admin, and the fact you spread this lie is disgusting in and of itself. Are you being bribed or something?

User avatar
Xhuis
Github User
 
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: North Carolina
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby Xhuis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:03 am #381246

As someone who interacted with them a large amount during the clockcult rework, Joan's conduct as a maintainer is good, but I don't feel that they deserve a second chance yet, especially not even half a year after the ban was issued, and especially after such gross misuse of admin privileges. The unapologetic tone in the appeal also tells me that they don't care about the fact that they did anything wrong, which gives me bad vibes. It's not quite "literal NTR hut thread" bad like that one fiasco, but it's still very dismissive.

iamgoofball wrote:snip

Come on now. Don't lose your temper over a 2D murder sim. The vast majority of players don't even care enough to donate to Byond, why would anyone care enough to accept a bribe from a former admin to get them unbanned?

User avatar
Oldman Robustin
 
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 2:18 pm
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby Oldman Robustin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:13 am #381252

Yea Joan and I have butted heads plenty but to me dodging a ban for adminbuse just drives home that they should never be placed in an admin/codermin/headmin/whevermin position again.

Obviously we need to make sure we send the right message about ban evasion - but "permanent" isn't the solution to that either.

User avatar
cedarbridge
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 am
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby cedarbridge » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 am #381265

Oldman Robustin wrote:Obviously we need to make sure we send the right message about ban evasion - but "permanent" isn't the solution to that either.

When the ban evasion is both knowingly and remorselessly done, yes, I'd say permanent is just fine.

This is a good time to remind everyone who isn't actually contributing evidence related to this appeal to keep all posts about other things (personal opinions on sentencing, personal opinions about the appellant etc) out of this thread and cease making such posts.

User avatar
kevinz000
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 am
Location: Dorm Room 3
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby kevinz000 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 am #381323

You sound like you don't give a single shit about abuse from a position as high as headmin, the kind of abuse that I haven't seen since the age of SoS ahealing himself or some shit.
Don't you feel a little sorry for what you did? Hell it isn't just the ban now it's you not even being a little of a tiny bit repentant of betraying everyone from the highest position of trust.
Also "I'm bored" is one of the most horrible things I can hear in a ban appeal from an ex-fucking-headmin.

PostThis post was deleted by lzimann on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 pm.
Reason: merging posts

User avatar
FantasticFwoosh
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 pm
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby FantasticFwoosh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am #381326

The rest of the people involved in this thread i think are being extremely generous with their patience, given that you show neither enthusiasm or remorse but rather disrespect for the process you are taking part in for as kevinz000 correctly points out, boredom is a very petty reason given the circumstances of abuse that got you into this mess.

I think you should seriously reconsider writing up a serious appeal immediately before the offer is rescinded from you, not that this appeal will likely be forgotten in consideration.

PostThis post was deleted by lzimann on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm.

User avatar
Rustledjimm
 
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:07 pm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby Rustledjimm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm #381358

Locking this until we receive a headmin response. Everything that has needed to be said about this appeal has already been said.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Image

Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes

PostThis post was deleted by lzimann on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:19 pm.
Reason: not relevant

User avatar
imblyings
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:42 pm
Location: >using suit sensors
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Postby imblyings » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 am #382289

denied, there was some good will regarding unbanning an active maintainer but this was a good example of an appeal which no one wants to lift
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.


Return to Resolved Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users