Github Username: ChangelingRain

[ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Post by ChangelingRain » #380996

Byond account: ChangelingRain/Anonus Tanir
Banning admin: ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): permaban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-09-25 04:31:13
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): I don't remember
Your side of the story: I was annoyed with the original ban, swapped to the old account, and observed a few rounds/maybe played a round, I don't remember.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm real bored and none of the reason for the original ban was due to my in-game conduct.

thats it thats the appeal
Last edited by lzimann on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed banning admin to ausops
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: [owegno] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Post by D&B » #380999

You did abuse and self antagged in game many times, though.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #381004

You are probably going to get unbanned, but showing this little regard for the egregious abuses of trust you committed while a head admin is pretty sad.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #381005

Backup of the original post in case Joan tries to edit it to change her wording:
This post claims "none of the reason for the original ban was due to my in-game conduct."

The logs shown here prove otherwise.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... an#p337586
https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... 7/game.txt

Last edited by iamgoofball on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #381008

iamgoofball wrote:snip
that could have been worded better; conduct while playing? conduct while not abusing admin tools? conduct as a player?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381009

ChangelingRain wrote:
that could have been worded better; conduct while playing? conduct while not abusing admin tools? conduct as a player?
You straight up lied in your appeal. Trying to change the facts by going "what i REALLY MEANT was" is abysmal and disgusting.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #381016

I really fail to see how abusing admin powers to self antag doesn't count as in game conduct
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #381043

I'm disappointed in the low amount of effort you've put into this appeal. When you were an admin, would you even have considered this appeal the way it's written?

Saying 'what I did wasn't important anyway' is neither an admission that you understand why you were banned nor a reasonable indicator that you should be unbanned.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381086

Honestly, the one thing that really confuses me is the fact that you refuse to sit down like an adult and admit "okay, I was wrong, I'm sorry."

You refuse to accept blame for anything. Just the other day I had to apologize to Github for calling someone a retard on their service because I got banned. The fact you can't apologize or accept blame is incredibly disappointing.

Why do you refuse to accept that sometimes you are wrong? You did this with your work as a maintainer for clockcult, refusing to accept changes to it that didn't fit your view regardless of whether people liked the change or not. You did this as an admin, with refusing to accept that you did indeed abuse your VV powers to cheat and give yourself infinite re-rolls for blob chems, and here you're doing it again as a player, refusing to accept that ban evading was a bad idea and is a mistake.

Why should this community unban you?
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #381091

I just mirrored Ausops ban when I saw that you had evaded his ban. As such this is their appeal to handle.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #381104

Yeah its disappointing the lack of effort you've shown in the appeal. I agree with goof. What do we gain from unbanning you?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Re: [ausops] ChangelingRain - ban evasion

Post by Krusvik » #381187

"... absolute power corrupts absolutely..." -John Dalberg-Acton
I was annoyed with the original ban,
Seeing you attempt and put yourself above server law because you feel entitled to it worries me beyond words.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #381230

100% of the bad behavior from Joan stemmed from her actions as an admin. Outside of that capacity it seems like there's no basis for maintaining a permaban.

So lift the ban and keep her away from the buttons - everyone's happy.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #381232

Oldman Robustin wrote:100% of the bad behavior from Joan stemmed from her actions as an admin. Outside of that capacity it seems like there's no basis for maintaining a permaban.

So lift the ban and keep her away from the buttons - everyone's happy.
See, but that's not true at all, and if you read the thread you'd realize this. Why you defend Joan so much despite her deliberately sabotaging your gang and engineering PRs, I don't know.

She ban evaded as a player. This was bad behavior.

She refuses to admit bad design as a maintainer to the point of shooting down Xhuis and other's clockcult PRs, closing them and replacing them with her own competing PRs, or downright sabotaging them like she did to YOUR PRs.

Her actions were most definitely as more than an admin, and the fact you spread this lie is disgusting in and of itself. Are you being bribed or something?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #381246

As someone who interacted with them a large amount during the clockcult rework, Joan's conduct as a maintainer is good, but I don't feel that they deserve a second chance yet, especially not even half a year after the ban was issued, and especially after such gross misuse of admin privileges. The unapologetic tone in the appeal also tells me that they don't care about the fact that they did anything wrong, which gives me bad vibes. It's not quite "literal NTR hut thread" bad like that one fiasco, but it's still very dismissive.
Come on now. Don't lose your temper over a 2D murder sim. The vast majority of players don't even care enough to donate to Byond, why would anyone care enough to accept a bribe from a former admin to get them unbanned?
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #381252

Yea Joan and I have butted heads plenty but to me dodging a ban for adminbuse just drives home that they should never be placed in an admin/codermin/headmin/whevermin position again.

Obviously we need to make sure we send the right message about ban evasion - but "permanent" isn't the solution to that either.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #381265

Oldman Robustin wrote:Obviously we need to make sure we send the right message about ban evasion - but "permanent" isn't the solution to that either.
When the ban evasion is both knowingly and remorselessly done, yes, I'd say permanent is just fine.

This is a good time to remind everyone who isn't actually contributing evidence related to this appeal to keep all posts about other things (personal opinions on sentencing, personal opinions about the appellant etc) out of this thread and cease making such posts.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #381323

You sound like you don't give a single shit about abuse from a position as high as headmin, the kind of abuse that I haven't seen since the age of SoS ahealing himself or some shit.
Don't you feel a little sorry for what you did? Hell it isn't just the ban now it's you not even being a little of a tiny bit repentant of betraying everyone from the highest position of trust.
Also "I'm bored" is one of the most horrible things I can hear in a ban appeal from an ex-fucking-headmin.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #381326

The rest of the people involved in this thread i think are being extremely generous with their patience, given that you show neither enthusiasm or remorse but rather disrespect for the process you are taking part in for as kevinz000 correctly points out, boredom is a very petty reason given the circumstances of abuse that got you into this mess.

I think you should seriously reconsider writing up a serious appeal immediately before the offer is rescinded from you, not that this appeal will likely be forgotten in consideration.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #381358

Locking this until we receive a headmin response. Everything that has needed to be said about this appeal has already been said.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #382289

denied, there was some good will regarding unbanning an active maintainer but this was a good example of an appeal which no one wants to lift
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.