[exalted12] bibliodewangus - banned for punching abusive sec

Appeals which have been closed.
Bibliodewangus

[exalted12] bibliodewangus - banned for punching abusive sec

Post by Bibliodewangus » #33925

Byond account and character name: bibliodewangus ( i do not remember my character name i have it set to random, he was a quartermaster)

Banning admin: exalted12

Ban reason and length:Take some time away from the game, your behavior is unacceptable. Do not attack security and greytide because you were inconvenienced at some point. 1440 minute length

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-10-05 00:48:14

Your side of the story:
Spoiler:
So I was QM, and I along with my fellow cargo techs set out to fortify the cargo bay and improve its overall efficiency by building some renovations and collecting some useful items which could be passed out to those who needed them. I went and collected some tools from the public tool storage area along with other materials and brought them over in a locker. The HoP caught wind of us collecting these items and came to talk to me, I explained we were just trying to make cargo more useful by having more items on hand as well as the fact we needed the tools to renovate. He said ok and good luck, and that was that. A sec officer named Cara O'connor came in and began interrogating us, asking why we had all this stuff and so on. I do not have logs so I can't post the exact conversations but it was civil although she was very suspicious. So then there is word of a cult and we decide, since all of the cargo techs seem clean, that we should begin fortifying cargo and building extra airlocks etc. This way we can let in people who ask to come in and need tools, but the cultists can not bumrush us. Cargo was strong.

At this point we needed a fire axe, so I went down to engineering and saw no one. I called on radio and no one came, CE was braindead in his office and there seemed to be no engineers. So (and I know this is not the best thing to do but it is NOT a bannable offense as I see people do this every single round) I broke the window to enter the engineering lobby. I walk in and an engineer comes out of the singularity area and asks what Im doing. I say "hi, I need the fire axe to renovate cargo. Ill give it back" he proceeds to pull out a lit welding tool and beat me over the head with it. I had a pickaxe on me so I pulled it out and hit him back, he got knocked out and I called for security and a doctor come down. (if I had just ran from him he couldve caught me, killed me, and then no one would know what happened and he'd get away with murder. I decided it was a safer bet to incapacitate him and let security handle the situation, which is exaclty what I did). So sec comes with a doctor, cuff him up and heal him, and I explain myself. They were very suspicious of me once again but I consented to a search and I had the burn marks to prove I didn't attack him unprovoked. They let me leave and that's that. An admin PM'd me about this, I explained myself, and he said the engineer was justified in attacking me with a lethal weapon and that I should not have retaliated. Fair enough.

Later on we have built two sets of airlocks to enter the cargo lobby. There is a mass of random people hanging around outside, nothing crazy. Then I step outside at one point. as you know cargo is right next to HOP line so there are a bunch of people hanging around including the HOS. as I walk out, the engineer who hit me with the welding tool was waiting outside (his name was Boris Yeltsen haha) and he proceeds to push me down and try to wirecuff me. I ran away just in time, but the HoS just stood there watching. The engineer ran off and HOS ignored me when I asked him to investigate, instead walking away wordlessly. I decide at this point that the engineer is clearly showing some cultish behavior, and go to investigate engineering. Once again, (and I know this is not the greatest thing to do but considering the cult circumstances and security's continual ignoring of crimes going on right in front of their face, I decide to handle it on my own) I go to engineering and this time I break through into the CE's office, who is still sitting braindead. I search his backpack and find a cult tome and paper. I call for sec to come. HoP, Hos, and a few officers come. they search the bag, see the items, and I tell them to check the fingerprints so they can see that only the CE has handled the items. HoP thanks me for my service, the officers don't care, and the HoS decides that I planted the items and arrests and searches me. He found no suspicious items, and declares that I'm a cultist anyways. In my mind the only reason a sec officer who is loyalty implanted and sworn to uphold the security of the station would ignore the clear presence of a cultist is that he is infact a cultist too. Why else would he defend CE when all evidence pointed to the CE being cult? He refused to even take the CE in to be fed holy water. So at this point I ask the HOP if cargo can commandeer the engineering department since no one is running it, he says ok and we begin taking engineering supplies to cargo to use them and hand them out to those in need. At this point sec barges in, raiding our office, wordlessly opening fire on all of me and my men, and declaring us cult. We all get searched and stripped, they find nothing and leave. about 3 minutes later the sec officer Cara O'connor barges in again, shoots down one of my coworkers wordlessly, cuffs and drags them off. I asked over radio why my cargo tech got arrested and the warden tells me to stop asking questions or he would beat me with his baton. I go to the brig to look at what's going on and they have my tech strapped down and are letting the chaplain beat him with his book and stuff, chaplain keeps saying over radio "im on a date with your cargo tech". I understand the chaplain can de-cult someone, but that's all he had to do. Feed him holy water and then let him go, not strap him down for 10 minutes and beat him with random items while refusing to give an answer and threatening violence to anyone who asks what's going on.

I go back to the cargo lobby, and outside are the HoS, a mime with telekinesis, and a few others. The mime is hacking into our doors as the HoS watched, I ask him to stop and he grabs me and starts choking me out. I call for help and the HoS just stands there for about 30 seconds then casually walks away without a word. I run back into cargo and slam the airlocks, hiding from the people who keep mobbing us outside. As I step out next, HoS is outside and tasers me. He accuses me of being cult again and searches me. I say "why don't you just loyalty implant me? I'm not cult and I'm sick of this treatment" he says that I'm clean and walks away , refusing to implant me.

A bit of time passes, there was more that happened in between this but my post is getting long and I don't want to make it too long to read. Basically just imagine a ton of random arrests and sec breaking into cargo every 5 minutes to strip and interrogate us without saying why. Why they took all this time to harass 3 cargo techs for building a door when there was clearly a cult trashing the station is beyond me. The only explanation I can think of is that they didn't want to find the cult, or that they were cult. So at one point wormholes start appearing throughout the station, and I believe there was an airborne mutation virus as well. I walk through a wormhole and appear in the bridge. The captain's computer is open and I make an announcement condemning security for their harassment of not only cargo but the majority of departments (everyone complained about how shitty sec was this round, even the banning admin said that sec was totally out of line). When I make the announcement, not two seconds later Cara O'Connor ( a regular sec officer) runs into the bridge, somehow having bridge access now. She asks why i have access and I explain a wormhole took me in, so she stuns me and takes me into the captain's office. She then strips me there and beats me with the baton a few times. I am screaming for help, and the HoP walks into the bridge. I ask the HoP why im being arrested again and he says he doesn't know, and asks Cara why I'm being arrested. Cara proceeds to bolt out of the bridge and run into a random maintenance vent. as she was pulling me into the vent, a doctor saw me being dragged screaming for help and pulled me away from Cara. Cara just ran off instead of chasing me. the doctor takes me to the brig lobby and asks why I was arrested. The Officer manning the door says he doesnt know, and then right then I suddenly mutate and receive hulk. I decided to break the handcuffs because this was about the 10th time I'd been arrested without a reason and I didn't want to spend 10 minutes in the brig for making a harmless announcement on a comms console. I broke free and ran, and as I was running Cara ran into me coming from the opposite end of the hallway. At this point I was 99% sure Cara had been culted, all round she had been harassing beating and stripping innocent people and not only not investigating the cult but actually getting in the way of people who were, forcing investigations like the cultist CE to be stopped in their tracks. I make a split second decision, deciding that if I knock Cara out and cuff her, I can get security to feed her holy water and we can see if she's cult or not. I throw some punches at her and she gets knocked down, but there was an airborne regen virus in their air so she gets up with full health literally 5 seconds after I get her down. the hos walks by and sees what's going on and whips out his laser, I run and they all chase me. I am being shot by lasers and running for my life, I make a circle around the brig and run into Cara again. she opens fire and I punch her and run again, they catch me outside the bridge where about 10 people start mobbing around me kicking the shit out of me and lasering me without asking what happened. I die.

Right after that, exalted12 PMs me and asks me why I hit Cara. I explain that she has been carrying out a slowly mounting series of harassment to not only me but many other crew members for the whole round, along with the HoS who has been not only standing by while people harm me but encouraging them to break into cargo and cause havoc. The round had been over an hour long and never once did I lay a hand on security until the very final time where a sec officer directly disobeyed the orders of a head and cuffed me, not taking me to brig but deep into a random maint tunnel after beating me with a baton. After all this time, and after receiving a hulk mutation (which causes people to become angry, raging and destructive beasts) I finally responded by punching Cara so that we could see if she was cultist or not. If she was cult and no one did anything, she would continue kidnapping people and most likely create many more cultists by dragging them into deep maint and converting. Based on the circumstances, from an IC perspective it was an action that would benefit the crew by testing Cara.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Spoiler:
Exalted12 said I was out of line because I punched Cara. I forget his exact reasoning but the basic premise was that although Cara and the other sec had been acting very antagonistically, hindering people from working, halting investigations into cult and not reducing crime but actually encouraging it (hacking mime, Boris trying to wirecuff me after stunning me, the mime choking me out right in front of HoS), although they had carried out all these negative behaviors, throwing punches was too steep of a response. I was not justified in punching Cara. I think that my reason for punching her was solid. I did not kill her, I did not intend to kill her. I was going to cuff her, she would regen as she had the healing virus, we'd feed her holy water, and if she was clear then that's that, and hopefully we could make peace after figuring out we were both clean (assuming she was not cult). Instead I got beaten to death by a mob of people many of whom I'd never even interacted with.

I would like to get an exact ruling on why, for instance, was engineer Boris Yeltsen clear to attack me with a lethal weapon because I broke a window. When he told me to stop, I did, and politely asked him to borrow a fire axe. He proceeded to try and kill me. That is apparently 100% clear according to the rules.

But if a sec officer carries out over an hours worth of harassment, even going so far as to allow and encourage you and others to fall into harms way and threatening to beat you with a baton if you questioned their method, why are you not allowed a small retaliation? What Cara did was 10x more harmful than breaking a window, what made what Boris did ok but my response not. If even the banning admin admits that sec was doing a terrible, downright damaging job, why do they get away with it scotfree? From an IC perspective, who wouldn't have finally stood up for themselves after spending the entire round being beaten, choked, stripped, arrested without reason and generally harassed? I may be wrong here, but from what I can tell there were two analogous situations in this round, the engineer with the welder and me punching Cara, but for some reason punching someone who is giving off a ton of clues that they are a cultist is much worse than beating someones face in with a blowtorch because they smashed a window? I welcome any explanation. Thanks for reading.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Re: [exalted12] bibliodewangus - banned for punching abusive

Post by Reimoo » #33986

I was the HoS.

Let me justify my actions by saying you were nearly burglarizing every department during a cult round so I had every right to come down hard on you. Your department was causing a lot of trouble for me during a stressful round, and dealing with you personally was always a headache because you would constantly accuse my staff of shitcurity. Your actions, along with the shady-as-fuck HoP wanting my staff demoted and literally pulling me aside and telling me to "stay away from cargo" led me to believe you guys were up to something you weren't supposed to be doing.

When I offered you and your department staff an implant the response I usually got was "Cargonia stronk" and you basically told me to go fuck myself. I took this as unacceptable behavior and routinely ordered raids which usually turned up a bunch of stolen shit from engineering. The only reason we didn't do anything drastic is because we didn't find anything blatantly illegal.

And later in the round I see you hulked out and punching people. That's when I gave the order to kill you for being a legitimate threat.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #33988

Reimoo wrote:I was the HoS.

Let me justify my actions by saying you were nearly burglarizing every department during a cult round so I had every right to come down hard on you. Your department was causing a lot of trouble for me during a stressful round, and dealing with you personally was always a headache because you would constantly accuse my staff of shitcurity. Your actions, along with the shady-as-fuck HoP wanting my staff demoted and literally pulling me aside and telling me to "stay away from cargo" led me to believe you guys were up to something you weren't supposed to be doing.

When I offered you and your department staff an implant the response I usually got was "Cargonia stronk" and you basically told me to go fuck myself. I took this as unacceptable behavior and routinely ordered raids which usually turned up a bunch of stolen shit from engineering. The only reason we didn't do anything drastic is because we didn't find anything blatantly illegal.

And later in the round I see you hulked out and punching people. That's when I gave the order to kill you for being legitimate threat.
That is NOT true. We may have been a hassle with our construction but literally every time you questioned me I stopped ,offered you a search, and complied completely. There was one time you walked up to me, ordered me to get implanted, and when I said ok you said "ok that's good enough for me" and walked away. I asked over comms if you wanted to implant me, no response. If an admin can check the logs they will confirm this. Just ctrl+f for the hos talking about implants and you'll see that conversation. As soon as I agreed to implants he refused to do it.

Why did you let the mime choke me out? Why didn't you react when Boris Yeltsen wirecuffed me and tried to run off with me in front of a bunch of people? I never told you to go fuck yourself I was nothing but cordial with you. When I led you to a cultist, you refused to believe me. I told you to check for prints as that is definitive proof and you refused. You wouldn't even decult the CE which would have been proof he was in fact a cultist (and I could not have been as a cult would not give one of their own). I gave you every chance to have good relations with Cargo and we never ran from you, disobeyed, or anything. You questioned us on why we were taking from engineering and I sat an explained no one was manning the department and HoP approved to which you said okay and left (if you check the logs it will prove without a doubt the validity of my statements, I am paraphrasing the words but these events all happened the way I said they did). Maybe my other cargo techs were doing something to you but I was NEVER present when that happened, and I never did anything antagonistic besides collecting materials in lockers to use in cargo. You took IC action (arresting, searching, etc) to see if I was an antag or not, and when all evidence pointed to no you persisted in harassing us and allowing us to come to harm.

After the implant thing, where I agreed to implants and you promptly walked away without a word, the next time I saw you, you were supervising a mime in hacking into our Cargo lobby. I'm sorry but what you're saying does not hold up. I don't want you to get in trouble but you were way out of line as a HoS. If what I did was so bad (no harm on anyone except a guy who nearly killed me with a blow torch), why did the mime who was choking me out not even garner a second thought from you and your team? Why didnt you decult the CE to see if I was lying about him being cult or not? It doesn't add up
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #33992

The CE was braindead and I did not want to waste time/resources/effort into dealing with a non-player so I left him where he was. I dropped the incident but my suspicion of cargo lingered due to the massive amounts of theft from basically every department your staff carried out.

I didn't see/notice the mime choking you out. The only time I interacted with him was when he was assisting us in getting into cargo after I demanded that you let us in. Much of the time I spent near cargo was talking with the HoP about why your department was acting the way it did.

I offered an implant to the HoP, but he refused. After we forcefully implanted him, I quite don't remember what happened after that, but I think I left you to get more implants from the armory after we ran out. Anyways, somewhere in the round I was talking with you in the cargo bay and I chastised you for taking things without permission and told you to ask for access from the HoP if you wanted to become a pseudo-engineer. After that I mostly spent the rest of the round dealing with cultists, occasionally dropping by Cargo because Cara was grumbling about how suspicious you were acting. You may not have personally insulted me, but most of my distrust of Cargo came from information relayed by Cara herself. Not to mention the fact that the HoP acted freakishly paranoid around security in general.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #33998

Reimoo wrote:The CE was braindead and I did not want to waste time/resources/effort into dealing with a non-player so I left him where he was. I dropped the incident but my suspicion of cargo lingered due to the massive amounts of theft from basically every department your staff carried out.

I didn't see/notice the mime choking you out. The only time I interacted with him was when he was assisting us in getting into cargo after I demanded that you let us in. Much of the time I spent near cargo was talking with the HoP about why your department was acting the way it did.

I offered an implant to the HoP, but he refused. After we forcefully implanted him, I quite don't remember what happened after that, but I think I left you to get more implants from the armory after we ran out. Anyways, somewhere in the round I was talking with you in the cargo bay and I chastised you for taking things without permission and told you to ask for access from the HoP if you wanted to become a pseudo-engineer. After that I mostly spent the rest of the round dealing with cultists, occasionally dropping by Cargo because Cara was grumbling about how suspicious you were acting. You may not have personally insulted me, but most of my distrust of Cargo came from information relayed by Cara herself. Not to mention the fact that the HoP acted freakishly paranoid around security in general.
That's cool, I understand if you didn't see the mime. I don't want you to get in trouble or anything like that, I'm just questioning why I did. See, basically what you're describing is a bunch of IC situations that was what led to everyone's behavior. You were basing your suspicions on what Cara was doing, in the same vein I was suspicious of Cara as she would walk in, taser me, strip me, drag me around then leave without offering an explanation literally every 5 to 10 minutes. I wasn't aware of any of HoPs weirdness, I was just going off his permission to build a cargofort and collect items from engineering. I still think it was very suspicious the way Cara was relaying false info about how dangerous we were because.. well what? "They built some walls, an airlock even! And they got wrenches... very suspicious"

I maintain that Cara was a cultist attempting to get us arrested so she could take us into a closed room and convert us one by one. And if she wasn't then she was 100% behaving like she was.

And my question still stands, what is the distinction between the engineer who assaulted me with a blowtorch for breaking a window (after I apologized to him), and me punching the sec guard who has been giving a ton of clues that she is cult/traitor/something for over an hour? Why was he justified in almost killing me but I was not in punching out this insane sec officer who was harassing everyone? Cara did much more than a window's worth of damage, she broke a window in my heart.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #34030

Is it really worth writing a novel for a 24 hour ban? Can you explain what went down a bit more concisely?
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #34039

elyina wrote:Is it really worth writing a novel for a 24 hour ban? Can you explain what went down a bit more concisely?
This.

I wanna go through and point out the parts where you're blatantly lying but I cbf to sift through that text wall. The short of it is you were being le epic cargonians, walking around with head IDs, stealing enough shit to make the worst greytiders blush, had the HoP's assistance the entire time, then had the gall to go around shouting 'SEC ROGUE', and got dunked for it. I was your department security officer, Cara, since the start of the round. I witnessed you guys stealing just about everything from engineering that wasn't nailed down and did nothing about it so I could focus on helping the rest of sec with the cult. At no point did you or any of the cargo techs do anything close to what your job is.

The mime who was fucking with you all round was originally the assistant who you denied gloves and a toolbelt to at the start of the round. By the time I figured out who they were I just let them get away with their revenge schemes because you deserved it.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #34040

elyina wrote:Is it really worth writing a novel for a 24 hour ban? Can you explain what went down a bit more concisely?
Me and my cargo techs start collecting tools and other items in public areas in Cargo. HOP asks why, we explain we are going to hand them out when needed and he says ok that's fine. We learn there's a cult and begin building airlocks outside the Cargo lobby so we can process people in and out of the cargo bay and cults cant bumrush us. This prompts attemption from security who start going ape shit and breaking into Cargo to arrest us on no charges and spend 5 minutes stripping and harassing, every 5 minutes. At one point I went to engineering to get the fire axe, no one was there or responding on radio so i broke window into the lobby. A guy comes out, I apologize and ask for axe. He pulls out a welder and puts me nearly to crit so I knock him out with a pickaxe and call sec and a doctor. Sec keeps harassing me like that, over and over I have Cara randomly walking in and tasing us and sometimes even just leaving after doing it without a word. At one point i go outsdie cargo because people are breaking in, one of the guys is a mime with telekinesis. the HoS is sitting there watching. mime grabs and chokes me, HoS stares then walks away. Another time I was outside Cargo making sure no one broke in and HoS was there. The engineer who nearly killed me walks up and cuffs me and tries to pull me and i barely got away. HoS ignores me and walks away. I broke into the CE's office because he was braindead and HoS said we could take over engineering. Search him and find a cult tome and paper in his bag. I call sec and the HoS doesn't believe me and accuse me of being cult. I tell him to fingerprint it and he wont.

LAter he corners me and says "You have to get an implant" I say ok, and then he walks away and wouldn't respond. Finally, I wormholed by accident onto the bridge. Comms console was open so I made an announcement saying that despite the constant harassment by security, Cargo was still strong and noble. As soon as I do that, Cara somehow runs onto the bridge (she was just sec officer shouldnt have access, maybe killed Capt?) and starts firing. I ask why and she says you shouldnt have bridge acces, even though it wasn't my fault I was there. Then the HoP walks in and asks why I was arrested, Cara doesn't respond and runs out the door, dragging me into maint. Luckily a doctor saw and grabbed me from her, but he still took me to sec to be arrested for walking through a wormhole. I am convinced Cara was kidnapping me to cult or sacrifice me. Right as the doctor reaches sec lobby, I mutate and hulk out. RPing an angry hulk i break the cuffs and run. I run into Cara and she pulls her taser, and I punch her out. I plan to cuff her and feed her holy water to decult her. A sec officer runs out and starts lasering me. I run out to in front of bridge to a mob of about 10 people and get shot/kicked to death. Then I get banned for a day.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #34052

WeeYakk wrote:
This.

I wanna go through and point out the parts where you're blatantly lying but I cbf to sift through that text wall. The short of it is you were being le epic cargonians, walking around with head IDs, stealing enough shit to make the worst greytiders blush, had the HoP's assistance the entire time, then had the gall to go around shouting 'SEC ROGUE', and got dunked for it. I was your department security officer, Cara, since the start of the round. I witnessed you guys stealing just about everything from engineering that wasn't nailed down and did nothing about it so I could focus on helping the rest of sec with the cult. At no point did you or any of the cargo techs do anything close to what your job is.

The mime who was fucking with you all round was originally the assistant who you denied gloves and a toolbelt to at the start of the round. By the time I figured out who they were I just let them get away with their revenge schemes because you deserved it.
What the hell are you talking about? Stop trying to cover your tracks. All we were doing was renovating our cargo office, so if that "le epic whateverthefuck" then so be it but there's NOTHING illegal about that and we had HoP's permission. We were not walking around with head IDs. I got the CE's after HoP (if you didn't know his job is to manage people's occupations) told me I could use it to manage the engineering wing since no one was maintaining singularity or anything. I "stole" the tools out of engineering which we were told once again by HoP we could take to cargo to use and distribute among the crew. You mention having the HoP's approval like it's a bad thing, what the fuck? We were not shouting "SEC ROGUE", we were shouting "Cara why did you barge into cargo and wordlessly arrest one of our tech's. You've already searched him" which was met with no response by you and the warden telling me to stop asking questions or he'd beat my face in with a baton. Yep, no reason to think sec was rogue. None at all.

Once again, Cara for such a good job you did fighting the cult you sure seemed to be able to spend all your time either breaking into cargo, harassing cargo, or holding cargo workers in jail for inordinate amounts of time while refusing to give any crime they committed. And why did you conveniently ignore the part where you arrested me for "being on the bridge", then when HoP came up and asked why I was arrested, instead of telling him you bolted out the door and deep into maintenance. You use the fact I was walking around with the CE's ID like it's a crime that justifies you spending all round beating and stripping me. How did you have bridge access unless you took a head ID? You're a hypocrite.

I was NEVER involved in a dispute with that mime. one of the other cargo techs got in an argument with him about some budget insulated gloves they both found, and I told them to settle it themselves. Somehow that justifies me being strangled? We were running an efficient cargo where anyone who came and asked for an item received it, especially since we had extra tools to distribute and increase efficiency stationwide. Keep arresting people for doing their jobs creatively, you really made that round great for everyone you dipshit.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #34178

Uh, mime here, a few things to clear up. This turns out to be tl;dr summation of cargo being a shit.
Spoiler:
The mime was really the mime, he wasn't an assistant (though I remember seeing said assistant just not sure who it was but they never did get their stuff and nor did I ever get a costume crate ordered not long after round start which will be gone into somewhat later). This round was a clusterfuck a bit thanks to cult, and the cargo attitude was blatantly hostile from the start.

Along with turtling behind Two cargo access only airlocks, they walled up their entire area and prevented public from interacting even with the ordering console. Before it was finished, i was standing in front of it waving the order paper around, which the cargo tech was ignoring along with the QM. After a bit, this QM shows up, and at seeing me VICIOUSLY ASSAULT a cargo tech with paper cuts, she, word for word (unless memory is failing me), just stands there with a flash and says, "We are Cargo." and chases my ass out of the hallway with it. I had no interaction with cargo before this other than loitering in the lobby trying to get a costume crate noticed and ordered.

After this and the rest of their shady bullshit, like turtling, and being general dicks (I loitered that whole round in a few areas so I got to eavesdrop on a good bit). Such as the QM throwing a fit when an officer wanted cargo access to keep an eye on them after they turtled, and demanding the officer stay out. The HoP capitulates for some damn reason, as someone noted above they were being coddled by the HoP, not sur why. No diff than RDs protecting scientists I guess but this problem just snowballed into more as cargo refused to really let sec in or anyone.

Chased me a second time with the flash, but which was promptly stolen off the QM because fuck letting some cargonia shit flash me. Around this time by the way was this 'choking.' It was a throw, which I tossed her back int othe cargo lobby as someone lubed it, since they were being total shitlers in there. That was it, grabbed, and threw her into the lubed area since we were having a laugh at her. This was probably well over half an hour into the round and this attitude from cargo was an ongoing thing (against several people afaik, I was just a graffiti mime on a sidewalk for much of all this). Didn't choke her, didn't try, and if it looked like it, it was the preparing throw, which I did do. A toss.

The hacking thing was as noted by the Hoss, I was letting them in because the AI was busy/braindead or something and they were wanting to raid you. There was no way you were going ot let them in as you refused every other time, so I was opening the door for them. Most of this round I stayed in contact with the hop and sec/hoss via pda, because I got to see a ton of shit going on by doodling over the place. Never did get my costume crate either, and afaik no other person ever got their order taken care of or even looked at, thanks to the glorious stupid wall and airlock buffer they constructed.

Cannot say sec was coddling me that round either, I'd been brigged two or three times, two of those for being a graffiti artist, then laughing at the hoss when he slipped on water from the janitor cleaning up said graffiti and doodling up the hallway more infront of his brig. I left my mark again in two of the brig cells during my stay. It was good fun, my crayon was confiscated (thus the costume crate desire that went ignored), and why I ended up inadvertently spending a good deal of time waiting, and waiting, infront of cargo and between hop line.

In the End, I finally see this QM going apeshit on an officer using her hulk, and I help them chase her down and kick her ass. I am not sure either but 'someone' cut power wiring behind lawyer office in maint, disabling power to brig hallway and surrounding area for a good period until I looked for the power fault and patched it back up.

Oh, the gloves? Again not me, I had full insulated the whole time thanks to my own scavenging, and a toolbelt, I never needed anything from cargo regarding that and never asked, that was as mentioned earlier some assistant that also went ignored. Now this was too long, but to sum it up: cargo a shit, peaking a huge stupid situation that was sparked by their own actions, inability to understand what they were doing wrong to be so suspicious, and needlessly hostile/suspicious of sec from the start.
Edit: fixed important typos.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #34184

I'm going to ban the next person in this thread who posts a post with more than three paragraphs in it.
RIP
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #34189

Hibbles wrote:I'm going to ban the next person in this thread who posts a post with more than three paragraphs in it.
Look can we just get my ban removed? It was total horseshit. If sec wants to send in hacker mime squads, arrest us like nazis would, etc etc, then they deserve a healthy dose of suspicion. Mime of course I flashed you, you were hacking into our cargo. Never once did HoS simply ask to come in, so in that situation they were cultists. Sorry that you can't read the cards you're dealt, bub.
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #34218

I just want an answer. I just want this ban to be remove. Why do we never see justice on this server? Only those with the most power, fabricating stories and then ending the discussion.
Sven12
Byond Username: Exalted12

Post by Sven12 » #34240

I've read this entire thread, and gone over your appeal. We talked at length about this in banbus aswell. Your appeal is denied, the ban has been over for a while. When you cargo tide security generally takes an interest, and beating them down with hulk for it isn't acceptable.
Sven Brunner, Beheader of Personnel, CKey: Exalted12
Bibliodewangus

Post by Bibliodewangus » #34242

Sven12 wrote:I've read this entire thread, and gone over your appeal. We talked at length about this in banbus aswell. Your appeal is denied, the ban has been over for a while. When you cargo tide security generally takes an interest, and beating them down with hulk for it isn't acceptable.
There's a differnece between cargotiding and walling off cargo and turning in suspected cultists to sec. We did NOTHING suspicious or illegal. I only attacked after she kidnapped me into maint to convert/sacrifice/kill me. When is it ever ok to kill a cultist? When is it never ok for a sec to kidnap people despite the heads telling them not to? I demand this ban be lifted right now.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #34294

It's not being lifted, the appeal is denied.