MugenLloris

Stickymayhem DoM - Perma Ban

Post by MugenLloris » #389081

Byond account and character name: Dawn of Man
Banning admin: Stickymayhem
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent
Ban reason and length: Multikeyed
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-07-01 18:23
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Don't remember.
Your side of the story: I'm guilty.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Recently got back into this game and would like a second chance. All the other servers are garbage. I'm a different person and I admit all wrongdoing and apologize for my actions.
Last edited by MugenLloris on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Stickymayem DoM - Perma Ban

Post by Bluespace » #389088

Can’t believe you bamboozled me and I made you a candidate, people still give me shit for that.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #389089

I remember this case fairly well.

The only thing that would give me pause was some creepy behaviour upsetting players. (ERPing with dead bodies or some shit like that) but they were warned to cut that shit out and did.

The multikeying itself was basically just abusing a ghost account to observe the round and then lying about it. Considering it's been nearly 4 years, I'd be willing to give them another go, with a probation on any of that creepy shit. Any hint of that and he can go.

So yeah I'm willing to unban him on probation for a couple months. It's been long enough.

EDIT: His previous appeal when I wasn't around: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8371

I'm willing to offer him a chance. It's been a while and it's easy to permaban him again if he slips while on probation, but if a headmin disagrees that's fair enough
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #389172

The only thing that would give me pause was some creepy behaviour upsetting players. (ERPing with dead bodies or some shit like that)
This was when erp was allowed, they would alway push the force erp line by being creepy to female shipmates, The entire reason i was even log diving and found the ghost account to point it out was because i got complaints on this mark and i was doing a general search for lines involving DoM and found the same ip alerts.

On another note, Image

You're ghosting alts share an ip with roman/braindude
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #389177

are you different though? Have you played anywhere who can account for your change of attitude or are we supposed to take it on faith?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #389206

I'm of the opinion that it's so little work to reban someone who has come off a permaban and their potential for fucking stuff up is so small and short-lived that there's no reason not to give them a chance.

It's not like it'll take the same amount of effort to ban them as the first time round. They're practically valid to admins in that sense.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: Stickymayhem DoM - Perma Ban

Post by feem » #389210

I'm with Sticky on this one.

I'd much rather have someone playing the game and potentially not actually causing any trouble (here's hoping) than play a never-ending game of hunting down a bunch of alts and prosecuting evasion.
MugenLloris

Post by MugenLloris » #389398

Stickymayhem wrote:I remember this case fairly well.

The only thing that would give me pause was some creepy behaviour upsetting players. (ERPing with dead bodies or some shit like that) but they were warned to cut that shit out and did.

The multikeying itself was basically just abusing a ghost account to observe the round and then lying about it. Considering it's been nearly 4 years, I'd be willing to give them another go, with a probation on any of that creepy shit. Any hint of that and he can go.

So yeah I'm willing to unban him on probation for a couple months. It's been long enough.

EDIT: His previous appeal when I wasn't around: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8371

I'm willing to offer him a chance. It's been a while and it's easy to permaban him again if he slips while on probation, but if a headmin disagrees that's fair enough
Appreciated.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Re: Stickymayhem DoM - Perma Ban

Post by Rustledjimm » #391734

It's been four years, we'll give you your second chance.

Read the rules, the server has changed a bit in four years.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes