captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

[jerry derpington] top ten epic gamer pranks gone wrong

Post by captain sawrge » #390021

Byond account and character name: sawrge, Christmas Holliday
Banning admin: see topic
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The game
Ban reason and length: like a month
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): bagil (pronounced with soft g)
Your side of the story: fjeld ahelped asking for my static, jerry asked if i consented, I said no and asked who was looking for it and it turned into fjeld pretending to be a crazy stalker ex gf / claiming he was trying to win a bet against someone else while i acted like I didn't know who he was or why he was looking for me
Why you think you should be unbanned:
apparently this somehow sparked a huge argument in adminbus. kor told me that a half hour after it happened he told the admins on discord that it was all fake and we weren't being serious so idk how it escalated this far. apparently ausops also clarified this later on in the evening after i went to bed.

yeah it was a stupid joke and a waste of time but a 34 day ban over it is insane. this was fjeld and i trying to out-dumbass each other. it was not meant to be at the expense of the administration team and we did not intend to target or humiliate anyone.

big apologies to jerry and any other admins that wasted their time on our stupidity

Thanks friends and have a nice day
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: [jerry derpington] top ten epic gamer pranks gone wrong

Post by Nilons » #390034

Deliberately lying or misrepresenting facts in adminhelps will be dealt with harshly
From the rules page
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #390151

The month is, at the time I did it, how long I felt it should last so it wouldn't be laughed off since I don't really know how much you two play yet I do know you do sometimes actually play.

Now that I'm not as pissed off and vengeful, lowest I'm willing to go is two weeks otherwise that's up to a headmin. You're an ex-admin, not a fucking normal player who plays the game normally. I shouldn't have to honestly think to myself 'lmao they be joking and shit about this guy being creepy' when I'm talking to someone who I thought that, despite all the shit he has done and got in trouble for, could still be somewhat respected in a way. Clearly I was wrong about the respect.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #390152

You wasted administration time by doing your best to convince them that a player on our server was being stalked and in potential danger. What the fuck is wrong with you, man? Crying wolf over this shit causes issues if players ahelp about creepy stalkers in the future. You should keep the ban because you very clearly don't understand what is wrong with intentionally misleading the administration about something as important as a potential stalker.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #390163

It's lowered to two weeks because of what I said earlier and that some people, excluding sawrge, think it's absurd to ban over a month for this. I also banned Technoalchemist's real account for two weeks so he can't just bypass it. If you ahelp something like this again then I won't change my mind next time.

I also think Techno should pick an account to stay on since this is hypocrisy to allow when we won't let others have alts. EDIT: I decided to pick the one that he chose to run for headmin as.

The appeal is resolved, in my opinion, unless a headmin or a bunch of other admins want to chime in and decide he deserves freedom from the man who can't take a 'prank', bro.
Last edited by Ayy Lemoh on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #390164

Asking it be left open pending headmin review.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #390165

Did techno evade his ban? Might want to check connection dates and up that to a perma if he did.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #390171

Nevermind about asking him which ckey he wants to play as since he's running for headmin on his actual account.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #390174

I resigned because of several admins' refusal to take your actions and their consequences seriously, sawrge, so I'm at least somewhat pleased to see someone's holding someone accountable.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #390181

iamgoofball wrote:Did techno evade his ban? Might want to check connection dates and up that to a perma if he did.
His only (recent) bans are requested so even if he was evading with fjeld it doesn't really matter.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #390182

On topic my two cents is that this is a misunderstanding and a prank gone far. None of you can say you haven't made a meme ahelp, I doubt sawrge thought they'd take him seriously here but they did and it went on for half an hour until Kor cleared it up. No real harm done, let's just unban everyone and put it behind us.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #390184

BeeSting12 wrote:On topic my two cents is that this is a misunderstanding and a prank gone far. None of you can say you haven't made a meme ahelp, I doubt sawrge thought they'd take him seriously here but they did and it went on for half an hour until Kor cleared it up. No real harm done, let's just unban everyone and put it behind us.
Absolutely not. He very clearly knew what he was doing, by claiming it was "just a prank"

Calling something a prank doesn't automatically make it not a prank.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #390186

^ one of the admins in question
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #390187

I just don't think it was done with malicious intent and nobody deserves a month for something done without malicious intent.
iamgoofball wrote: Calling something a prank doesn't automatically make it not a prank.
what did he mean by this
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #390188

Beesting, If I made an ahelp like this, I wouldn't be surprised if I was banned for six months.

Yes, I made meme ahelps, but I never lied about stuff that could, at best, be an attempt at metagrudge while sounding serious and going 'This is creepy'
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #390189

Deliberately misleading the administration doesn't seem like something that should be taken lightly.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #390190

BeeSting12 wrote:I just don't think it was done with malicious intent and nobody deserves a month for something done without malicious intent.
iamgoofball wrote: Calling something a prank doesn't automatically make it not a prank.
what did he mean by this
Fatfingered that, meant to say:

Calling something a prank doesn't automatically make it okay.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #390194

I agree with the ban the time seems a bit much

I'm letting jerry be the final decision on if he wants to lower the time and by how much
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #390195

Despite the fact you are headmin on discord yet not headmin on forums, it's lowered to two weeks - the lowest I am willing to go.

That is all from me.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #390197

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Despite the fact you are headmin on discord yet not headmin on forums
Still a headadmin on the forums.
Ayy Lemoh

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #390200

Slignerd wrote:
Ayy Lemoh wrote:Despite the fact you are headmin on discord yet not headmin on forums
Spoiler:
fair point slig but it still looks odd.

Enough off topic related stuff, though. Lock the thread.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #390205

to clarify the above, you can choose your "main group" which determines your color on the forms when you post. ive set myself to appear as a forum moderator in the past despite being mainly a game admin.

anyways, locking
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #390223

unbelievable

Feem you are partly to blame for this, taking it the worst way in adminbus when apologies were given, not letting go despite everyone in adminbus explicitly saying that they weren't defending it, kor and I having said it was a bad joke/shitposting early on, refusing to do anything but take it completely personally despite advice to the contrary, thinking it was all a personal attack on you and them 'laughing at you', and instead of brushing it off and not letting it affect you, have a part in making jerry here feel it was then a personal attack on him, then do the cheapest thing by using yourself leaving as an ultimatum, then still have the nerve to come back and say this is because '''some admins'''' won't act when in reality the smart thing to do was and is to ignore shitposting and not let it affect you.

It had and has nothing to do with '''wasting'''''' your time, your time is wasted here on ss13 anyway, and for the last time it has nothing to do with defending it,

what happens is, this whole thing helps breed a horrid, unwanted mentality with the admin team where everything is taken as personally as possible and nothing can be let go. It is about the healthiest and most mature reaction possible to things that admins can be encouraged to have and encouraging admins to not flip shit like you did, and make it worse for everyone when drama inevitably happens.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.