[Thunder12345] Repukan - Spread Eagle Cross The Floor

Appeals which have been closed.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

[Thunder12345] Repukan - Spread Eagle Cross The Floor

Post by D&B » #392686

Byond account and character name: Repukan - Donatello Versus

Banning admin: Thunder12345

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Servers (Both Basil and Sybil)

Ban reason and length: Permanent - Having just got unbanned on probation this month, torched a D&D game in the library with plasma. This was because they were "derailing rounds" and "everyone else does it". You don't get to take these things into your own hands, especially when you're on such thin ice. Furthered the shittery by using a mark for death scroll from bubblegum on the HoS, who had come to mining to arrest him for the previous incident. This is not the behaviour of a model player. Your time here is ogre.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2017-12-01 22:15:09

Since I was told to appeal both the last ban and the probation failure, I will link the last ban, and write here the rest.

Last Ban: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=14491

Your side of the story: My time spent off /tg/ has seen me playing in a particular high rp server from which I don't believe I could gather a recommendation due to the high number of players and short playtime sessions. I do believe I should apologize for disappointing those that gave me my first chance after the permaban, and I wish to take this appeal to do so. Since the last ban I received had been dubiously applied, I have tried to enjoy a more passive gamestyle, which I believe I can put into practice now. I wish to appeal for another chance, if it is possible, in order to prove I have changed. Playing in other /tg/ based servers is honestly painful due to the amount of inane shit they have.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] Repukan - Spread Eagle Cross The Floor

Post by Thunder11 » #392695

What server might that have been?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
D&B

Post by D&B » #392696

Lifeweb
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #392697

So, what exactly is the collection of evidence to show you're not going to continue your previous pattern of behaviour?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
D&B

Post by D&B » #392714

Nothing but my word andy solemn promise to make sure to not hit anything at all unless an admin that knows how to look at logs is on.
D&B

Post by D&B » #392719

There's no feasible way for me to prove I have only played smith and non combat roles on that server since I don't take pictures of every round and the nature of it makes it impossible to ask for logs, if you were wondering.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #392720

D&B wrote:Nothing but my word andy solemn promise to make sure to not hit anything at all unless an admin that knows how to look at logs is on.
This sounds really ehhhhhhh
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #392721

Also playing non-combat roles doesn't make you automatically a good player.
D&B

Post by D&B » #392722

Of course it doesn't. But I've come to realize my high rank, prototype armor rushing with six tasers in my backpack in my hand while my metabuddy Is riding my back with syndies hardsuits and beam rifles in order to hunt valids playstyle was something I had to cut down, so I decided to play high interaction low combat roles in order to acclimate myself to not jump to valids as soon as they are available.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #392765

People who seemed less inclined to change have been given more chances than repukan in the past, I could cite a few of the appeals but Im sure headmins can remember at least one that turned out fine. All of course considering that the ones that turned out to not be mega hitlers on their 3rd chance don't jump to mind as easily as the ones who were still fucking up on chance 4 or 5
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #392768

D&B wrote:unless an admin that knows how to look at logs is on.
What did he mean by this?
D&B

Post by D&B » #392774

cedarbridge wrote:
D&B wrote:unless an admin that knows how to look at logs is on.
What did he mean by this?
Last ban was applied with no knowledge the person ahelping had lied, and no log checking.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #392812

Seeing as Repukan's behavior has been consistently questionable across multiple permabans and a probation period, coupled with a show of carelessness in his initial probation last year, leads me to believe that they don't deserve a fourth chance. Their conduct towards me as a person has always been completely abrasive and hostile, even despite attempts on my part to act in a kinder demeanor, and they show nothing but spite in all of my interactions with them. I sincerely hope that our admin team has the foresight to keep you out of a server that has been more positive without you for at least another year, until you are able to appeal again in 2019.
D&B

Post by D&B » #392816

Xhuis wrote:Seeing as Repukan's behavior has been consistently questionable across multiple permabans and a probation period, coupled with a show of carelessness in his initial probation last year, leads me to believe that they don't deserve a fourth chance. Their conduct towards me as a person has always been completely abrasive and hostile, even despite attempts on my part to act in a kinder demeanor, and they show nothing but spite in all of my interactions with them. I sincerely hope that our admin team has the foresight to keep you out of a server that has been more positive without you for at least another year, until you are able to appeal again in 2019.
I would respond seriously to this if it weren't for the fact that you have someone closing my stuff if it so much hurts your feelings.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #392818

I have yet to see you respond to anything in good faith, nor in any way that isn't tainted in some way by your hostility. I would see no reason to take any other response differently.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #392828

I would like to remind all of you to please remain civil during the course of this thread. We are trying to avoid piling onto the player and if everyone with an opinion is allowed to post: we descend further into anarchy. Please focus more on the situation that they were banned and we will take it upon ourselves, not the direct player base, to determine the integrity of the person when considering any sort of change in attitude expected of the player.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #392852

Serious question, how many times have you been permabanned now?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
D&B

Post by D&B » #392853

The first time it was overturned rather quickly because it was due to an admin that thought I was job evading when I what I did was infiltrate security as a traitor, IIRC.

Second time was the real first permaban, which I appealed and failed with this probation.

So it would by technicalities be twice, by spirit of rules be once.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #392875

why should we be polite citrus? This guy is unrepentant
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #392877

oranges wrote:why should we be polite citrus? This guy is unrepentant
excellent vocab but i don't think that's true, he's been really permabanned once(as long as we permaban people for disconnecting on ahelps i won't consider his first permaban a real permaban) and this appeal has some real effort into it and he's been playing other servers no matter what you think about lifeweb instead of sticking to us like a leech and that's enough for me
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #392882

Armhulen wrote:i won't consider his first permaban a real permaban
I don't mean to be rude, but please try to consider what you just said. You are rationalizing a punishment that was issued for a clear infraction, and it should be treated as such. It was not overturned immediately afterwards. His primary reasoning in this thread for his failure of probation is blaming the admin who banned him for not making an educated decision. He still refuses to take responsibility for any of his actions. Why, as a headmin of two terms now, would you say that that is acceptable? How many second chances do the people you like deserve before it's clear they will never be an individual that's fun to play with on the server? Would you unban me, if I was in this position - a terrible track record, unapologetic and unrepentant behavior, and a wordy appeal that, in essence, apologizes to the wrong people and owns up to the wrong misdoings? As a headmin, I can't realistically contest your decision, but I urge you to give it a great deal of thought. He has already been given more than enough second chances, and shown in each of them that he will not make good-faith use of them.

edit: jesus I'm wordy, I need to stop being a walking thesaurus
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #392922

I don't mean to be rude, but please try to consider what you just said. You are rationalizing a punishment that was issued for a clear infraction, and it should be treated as such. It was not overturned immediately afterwards. His primary reasoning in this thread for his failure of probation is blaming the admin who banned him for not making an educated decision. He still refuses to take responsibility for any of his actions. Why, as a headmin of two terms now, would you say that that is acceptable? How many second chances do the people you like deserve before it's clear they will never be an individual that's fun to play with on the server? Would you unban me, if I was in this position - a terrible track record, unapologetic and unrepentant behavior, and a wordy appeal that, in essence, apologizes to the wrong people and owns up to the wrong misdoings? As a headmin, I can't realistically contest your decision, but I urge you to give it a great deal of thought. He has already been given more than enough second chances, and shown in each of them that he will not make good-faith use of them.

Did you even read his appeal before posting, he said he regrets it and wants to change several times

Your posts are all opinions no substance
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #392925

Xhuis wrote:
Armhulen wrote:i won't consider his first permaban a real permaban

"The first time it was overturned rather quickly because it was due to an admin that thought I was job evading when I what I did was infiltrate security as a traitor, IIRC."

This is not a real permaban, it was a mistake on the admins part.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #392959

Nilons wrote:
Did you even read his appeal before posting, he said he regrets it and wants to change several times

Your posts are all opinions no substance
Giving opinions on an unban is the point of a ban appeal thread. It's a place for people to share their thoughts. Given my prior experiences with Repukan, of which I know you've seen a few of firsthand, I think my points have plenty of substance behind them.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #392960

This thread has reached the pinnacle of it's usefulness and is now seeping into the shitty bit. i'm going to lock it for citrus to take a look on friday, thanks on everyone who contributed
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #393252

I am going to unlock this thread and ask that nobody but Repukan reply please. This appeal is to be discussed between Repukan and the headmins and requires no other outside input, other posts will just be deleted. Thank you.

Repukan I understand that some of your previous bans were put on incorrectly or borderline in their banning. However even you acknowledge that doesn't stop the fact that your playstyle has been far too extreme. I do remember one incident which was the first round you came back on probation, you were a miner that round and quite early in the round security managed to confiscate an emag from a traitor and handed it to the QM. You proceeded to tell the QM that if he used the emag you would kill him, which when you came back from a mining trip you did. I warned you right there and then in that round that could've been the end of your probation, a single round. I had every right to set a ban then but I didn't and gave you another chance, which you promptly went and through away when you burned down the library. Do you see now why these actions are evident of a bad playstyle?

Now I want to believe you've changed, but all we have is your word. I've personally given you a chance before and you threw it back in my face to be frank. Usually in cases like this we ask the banned player to play on other ss13 servers for a while so we can get feedback from the admin teams there, which we don't have here.

Why should I take the risk of making the same mistake again with no evidence?

P.S I will check the logs of the previous ban for you if you wish, but I'll need a bit more information.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
D&B

Post by D&B » #393335

Please do check the logs, it would clarify the mess in which this ban was founded.
Spoiler:
Truth be told however I had no way of knowing sec gave him the emag and it looked like the typical mineral stealing surplus crate memer
Truth to be told, you're right. I threw that chance in your face. I thought I could be a smart ass and just toe the toe line to get away with not changing my playstyle if I was extra careful with my dealings. I'm not going to lie and say that it was this ban what made me change, since it was a combination of different things that let me analyze my playstyle (along with talking and seeing the perspective of some of the people I've had aggrieved) that gave me some idea of how annoying my dealings were.

Truth to be told, I don't have any way of convincing you. It is only my word against the stack of notes I have on me, but I've decided to try to appeal nonetheless since I believe I have a chance. Playing in a limited time server is what it took for me to understand that having someone sit out a round is not the best of options most of the time.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #393770

I don't feel like it's right to continue talking in an unlogged environment so I'm bringing this here. I told Repukan that I wanted him to appeal on account of him having new information related that was not considered in the previous thread and he refered to lying that occurred in ahelps. I'm still a bit confused as to what was not considered in the previous appeal thread and I'm trying to understand what exactly could be considered here. The firebombing seemed a bit through and through and I still believe that was the basis for the original appeal. As such, I'm wondering if this thread is just a thread that is attempting to appeal on good behavior or whether or not the actual previous incident happened. So, unless I'm missing something here, I do not see anything different than what was considered in the previous thread by ausops. Still, I do not see how the events that occurred after the firebombing are relevant to whether or not the incident was actionable.

In any event, I will start looking at Repukan's previous notes in the meantime to determine anything on account of good behavior. I expect only Repukan or other headmins to reply to this post.
D&B

Post by D&B » #393877

The previous appeal was closed under, what I believe, was the belief I had resisted arrest to immediately atta k the GoS when they came to lavaland.

Since thunder had not handled the appeal that time, I had assumed they didn't know (or bother to check) that the person that had ahelped had done so under false pretenses. From the way the ban is presented, and with the events leading up to it, nobody had ahelped for the fire bombing, which doesn't excuse it, mind me, but it was taken as a supporting motion when the HoS ahelped.

I would honestly not bother even appealing if it wasn't for the fact this ban was applied because someone died in their autistic quest for murder and decided to fall back on an ooc resource to finish what they wanted to but couldn't pull IC.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #393923

I'd like to start by thanking you for your appeal, I think it was quite well written and you've tried to answer all questions presented to you well and to the best of your knowledge. It's a well done appeal. Before you posted this I did not think I'd consider it as much as I actually ended up doing.

I want to believe you've changed, however you must understand I cannot just take your word for it. So after some deliberation we decided on the following course of action:

If you play on other ss13 servers (nothing specific just as long it's a server team we can contact) so we can go to their administration team to ask regarding your conduct so we have some verification of your change then I and the other headmins would be happy to look at this again in say, 3 months time.

Again I'd like to thank you for how you've dealt this appeal and I look forward to seeing your next appeal with said evidence.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes