ilovemymom29

[Nabski] - paper moon king - sec ban for tabling

Post by ilovemymom29 » #398608

Byond account and character name: Paper Moon King, Crapper B. Hole

Banning admin: Nabski

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Security

Ban reason and length: forever
Spoiler:
Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer - The straw that broke the camels back was tabling people, feeding them "tidepods" then ahelping when you get morphined. You tend to play a very aggressive and valid hunting security style that gets under peoples skin. Feel free to appeal this in a few months, if you can attach at least one positive roleplay story that doesn't include an antag I'll lift it.
(posted again later on)

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-04-09 00:54:45 (sybil's timezone)

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil

Your side of the story: i late joined and not much was going on. i went to the bar and decided to fool around so i tabled an assistant and another one. i stop after the second or third time and then another assistant comes in. i table them too and they run after they run away during the 3rd or 4th table attempt. i go in pursuit and try to feed them french fries. i found completely normal french fries earlier in the bar, i only named them "tide pod". while following them and clicking with the fries i bumped into a shocked grill and they kept throwing me back into it until i nearly died. thankfully they brought me to medbay but then od'd me to around 60-80 units of morphine in the sleeper. i ahelped if it was valid to od them on morphine since they had killed me, put me out of the round for a considerable amount of time and gave me an addiction to morphine. then nabski told me he was banning me from security. he worded the ban in such a misleading way.

ban reason:
Spoiler:
Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer - The straw that broke the camels back was tabling people, feeding them "tidepods" then ahelping when you get morphined. You tend to play a very aggressive and valid hunting security style that gets under peoples skin. Feel free to appeal this in a few months, if you can attach at least one positive roleplay story that doesn't include an antag I'll lift it.
nabski words my ahelping of the event as me asking for admin involvement when really i just wanted to make sure it was valid to morphine them in return and leave them. he also accuses me of valid hunting but when i asked for him in admin pm's he couldn't tell me any examples. he instead gave me a confusing response and wouldn't ellaborate on that either.
PM to-Admins: can you find any instance of me "valid hunting"
Admin PM from-Nabski: This round no, but you're involved in more annoying this guy is being shitsec than most of our other security players

later nabski told me if i could list any players who had any positive experiences with me or positive things i had did this round. i told him this seems silly but i had some examples. the first being the CMO who i had saved from a murderous atmos tech. the second being bringing the same atmos tech to justice for trying to blow the sm.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
i think what i did was kind of stupid but nothing that took anyone out of their round. i only ahelped asking if i could do something, not asking for admin intervention. if i was told no i would just leave the person who had crit'd + super morphined me alone. the ban was worded in such a way to make the situation look much worse than it did and the allegations of being a validhunter were entirely fabricated. if anything, the assistant who shocked me put me out of the round. i think nabski made his decision too hastily and put me in a situation where he didn't ban me based on things i had done that round

log - https://pastebin.com/3HSRJKSJ

my admin conversation with nabski: https://pastebin.com/waytgDw0
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: [Nabski] - paper moon king - sec ban for tabling

Post by Nabski » #398623

Denied, as I said come back in a few months and you waited only a few hours. I fully intended for this not to be a permanent ban, simply an extended one based on behavior unlike many job bans.

I am not surprised to see this but am surprised it was tonight since during our last ticket you said you needed to go since you had class in the morning.

You were not the only one to ahelp about what went on in the bar, and despite asking two other people unrelated people who I had hoped may have had positive interactions with you, I was unable to find someone what had found you to be a useful security officer.

I will not be responding to this again until tomorrow evening due to work, but I have nothing else that I feel needs to be said to you here.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #398624

The appropriate logs for this round are

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... und-86254/

Round 86254
Time 00:12:40-01:49:00
4/9/2018
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #398714

Randomly attacking people and behaving like the average tider as security and ahelping when you get fucked over for it is horrible.
Also your name makes me feel like you're stretching the naming policy
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #398718

"saved the cmo from a murderous atmos tech" you mean me, the person who broke into the cmos office to save you from the 30 units of morphine in your system with pentetic acid in your system at the sleepers after the CMO just passed right by you. I appreciate how you chose to handle this by stunning me and telling the CMO to "do whatever you wanted to handle him" and walking away as they started to attack me instead of brigging me, you know, like a security officer

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #398721

i agree with this ban being a rule 0 ban from sec, not for this incident. don't get me wrong morphining someone as security to get revenge is retarded but i don't think what you did was BANNABLE just really garbage. the truth is that you should have been banned awhile ago from sec because like, your notes are bad for 500 connections. like real bad. you are currently doing what ohchildflayer did in 3500 connections.
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #398843

Armhulen wrote:i agree with this ban being a rule 0 ban from sec, not for this incident. don't get me wrong morphining someone as security to get revenge is retarded but i don't think what you did was BANNABLE just really garbage. the truth is that you should have been banned awhile ago from sec because like, your notes are bad for 500 connections. like real bad. you are currently doing what ohchildflayer did in 3500 connections.
Since when am I the yardstick for measuring how many notes someone should have? :×)
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #398847

OhChildflayer wrote:
Armhulen wrote:i agree with this ban being a rule 0 ban from sec, not for this incident. don't get me wrong morphining someone as security to get revenge is retarded but i don't think what you did was BANNABLE just really garbage. the truth is that you should have been banned awhile ago from sec because like, your notes are bad for 500 connections. like real bad. you are currently doing what ohchildflayer did in 3500 connections.
Since when am I the yardstick for measuring how many notes someone should have? :×)
it was just a comparison! you're fine because you've been playing for a very long time and notes and bans accrue. i just thought it was funny you guys kind of do the same thing here
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #398850

Alright, it looks like other admins have handled this pretty well and we have at least one headmin upholding this.

They are correct in saying that your ban here is not about this particular round, but your overall behavior pattern. Many of the things you were up to this round would have been just fine as a non security officer and in fact pretty entertaining.

Unless another headmin wants to comment I'm going to consider this denied.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #398959

Nabski wrote:Alright, it looks like other admins have handled this pretty well and we have at least one headmin upholding this.

They are correct in saying that your ban here is not about this particular round, but your overall behavior pattern. Many of the things you were up to this round would have been just fine as a non security officer and in fact pretty entertaining.

Unless another headmin wants to comment I'm going to consider this denied.
change the ban to a rule 0 and change the notes to reflect this, thanks