Appeals which have been closed.
lalaria
Byond Username: Miriah

[daxyeen] miriah - Appearance banned

Post by lalaria » #400145

Byond account and character name: miriah - Cup Cake
Banning admin: daxyeen
Ban type (What are you banned from?): appearance ban
Ban reason and length: Refuses to change their name from Cup Cake after multiple requests, permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 7:00 pm EST
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: daxyeen thinks cup cake is not a name fit for a catgirl but i don't agree
Why you think you should be unbanned: While Cup Cake is a silly and lighthearted name, it seems to me it is an ok name for a catgirl, ICly due given their culture and OOCly due to how other catgirls are allowed to have compounded and similarly lighthearted names, such as Pepper Mint. I do not see any harm or reason to prohibit the name Cup Cake as it seems to fit ICly with traditional catgirl names. Thanks.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Re: [daxyeen] miriah - Appearance banned

Post by Dax Dupont » #400147

First of all, where do you get the the idea there's traditional catgirl names?
I've been playing catgirl for like since it was possible, I can assure you that there is no such thing as traditional catgirl names.

Second of all, while I think Pepper Mint is a silly name, I know at least one person who has Pepper as a first name irl, even then because someone else does a bad doesn't mean you should.

I only identity banned you because I asked you multiple times to change your name and you refused. As such I am gonna deny this appeal until you're willing to change your name.
lalaria
Byond Username: Miriah

Post by lalaria » #400148

can i get another admin to review this ples
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #400175

we've been letting people run around with names 200x worse than this, and I think the LOGICAL thing to do would to just ban everybody with a name dumber than yours and unban you
however I am not a headmin so we will wait and see
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #400180

SpaceInaba wrote:we've been letting people run around with names 200x worse than this, and I think the LOGICAL thing to do would to just ban everybody with a name dumber than yours and unban you
however I am not a headmin so we will wait and see
I've asked plenty of people to change their name already, this is the only person who's been difficult about it.

If the headmins want to lift the ban they can, but it's honestly time to crack down on all dumb names.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #400188

For the time being, it makes no sense to impose rules upon this name that would be different than the rulings we have given to some of the other people in game.

I do not like the name and I think many of us dislike the name. Though, we have no set policy that surmounts to anything more than a smell test that is not very useful.

It will remain as a smell test for the current time, but it is likely to change in the future and I would give you my opinion that I think you should change your name in order to avoid problems in future.

For the time being though, this appeal is accepted and the ban will be removed though.