nicbn
Byond Username: NicBR

[virtualjohn] nicbr

Post by nicbn » #400714

Byond account and character name: nicbr, Jaden Den
Banning admin: virtualjohn
Ban type (What are you banned from?): 7200 minutes ban

Ban reason and length:
Reason: During an incident where he asssaulted an officer on different occasions, HoS had given the green-light to execute, to which NiCBR ahelped that he had only hit the offiecer in question once. Log diving was required, but he did infact hit the same officer multiple times in an attempt to use his whip to get his taser. Please in the future give us the facts clearly and without weird wordage.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018/04/17 00:39:55 server time, ID 86606
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil

Your side of the story:
Ok so I'm sorry for the "weird wordage". English is not my first language and I'm a little sleepy.
Basically, my screen was pretty blurry (I was hungry and had like 3 negative moods) and I wasn't paying a lot of attention, so when I tried to pick up some pies on the floor I hit some officer twice. I got pied, then I clicked something and hit the same officer again. Things went on and eventually warden and the officer executed me. I didn't know that HoS gave them permission to execute me, so I ahelped.
The admins digged in the logs and found another incident that happened before this all, in which I hit some (I think it's the same officer but I'm not sure) officer (once (actually twice)), disarming him. The entire pie and misclick thing didn't happen in this incident, so they thought I was banbaiting and lying, so they gave me a ban sentence.
They didn't apply the ban, however, until the first minutes of the next round. So I explained that the incident I was refering to was the one that happened after the incident they were looking at. But I got the ban anyway.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Basically, the major crime I commited to be banned was to lie about the incident. I, however, didn't. I had no idea that HoS gave permission for them to execute me, and I explained the incident as well as I could (they looked into a previous incident, however, so they thought I was lying).

Sorry if I didn't explain anything correctly, I'll be happy to answer any questions.
The main reason I'm appealing is that I was asked to do it in the ban reason. I don't really care abstaining from the server for one week.

Editted for time formatting and round ID
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Re: [virtualjohn] nicbr

Post by Virtual John » #400718

This is what I'm talking about. Never once in your ahelps did you mention your screen being blurry or having three mood debuffs. We asked you if you hit the the same officer multiple times and you said you couldn't remember, when initially in the ahelp it was only the one time. We cleared this up, but it doesn't help when you keep adding things into the story.
nicbn
Byond Username: NicBR

Post by nicbn » #400725

By blurry I mean the screen static you get when you have the mood debuffs. My peripheral vision was not sharp (myopia without glasses, looking at a big screen and tired) and I was getting pretty distracted with the pie effect and the mood static, so when I realised I attacked him I was getting stunned already. I didn't mention those details as I thought they weren't of importance in the moment (misclick is a much quicker and shorter way to express the idea).
Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #400757

The point still stands that you kept adding things into the story as we went along. Every detail is important. Please do not leave facts out of ahelps, as this comes across as you trying to delude us, or lying.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #402051

What's the decision?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #402058

I'm still gonna lean on no. He's welcome to play with us again after midnight, though.
Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #402131

This ban is expired as of now.