Appeals which have been closed.
MetroidLover
Byond Username: MetroidLover

[rustledjimm] MetroidLover - Missplaced Note

Post by MetroidLover » #401250

Byond account and character name: MetroidLover-Leonel Seidner
Banning admin: rustledjimm
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Note
Ban reason and length: Banned for 30 minutes - Spamming copypasta after being warned not to
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-02-12 06:52:29 Pacific Time Zone
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Bagil
Your side of the story: A guy was posting lengthily and was probably being warned in PM's.
Me and some others were copying it and reposting it then I got hit with a 30 min ban out of the blue.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I wasn't warned about the ban/note until I got hit with it and I believe it was meant for another user.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [rustledjimm] MetroidLover - Missplaced Note

Post by oranges » #401276

The warning

[06:47:29]OOC: CitrusGender/(Ian Smith) : stop posting copypasta (117,152,2)

[06:47:37]OOC: CitrusGender/(Ian Smith) : or you will be kicked/banned (117,152,2)

--

You ignoring that warning 5 minutes later

[06:52:08]OOC: MetroidLover/(Leonel Seidner) : what's with the new spawner meta of using a spawner to loot everything and then try to get back to the station to get revenge or whatever? I just don't get it. like why would you ruin the spawner for everyone else when you're just going to die without getting to the station? abanadoned station, ash lizards, beach bums, vets. They all get used by people who just loot it and try to get revenge or whatever. it's really annoying for anyone else who spawns after you. AND, its the meta because some shitler who dies in the first two minutes always goes and loots the spawners to try to get back to the station, just to die again in under five minutes. ALWAYS. good players play the spawners and do cool shit afterwards. they don't beeline to the station to get meta revenge. (135,88,2)

Deserved 30 minute ban and valid note.

Close this appeal
MetroidLover
Byond Username: MetroidLover

Post by MetroidLover » #401279

Must have missed it.
Oh well.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #401352

Fact is you posted it and spamming is against the rules. You should already know to not spam it with or without a warning. Even posting a single copypasta message can count as spam considering on smaller screens it can take up a good chunk of the chat box.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes