[citrusgender] BigPenorBoi - Misunderstanding over situation

Appeals which have been closed.
bigpenorboi
Byond Username: BigPenorBoi

[citrusgender] BigPenorBoi - Misunderstanding over situation

Post by bigpenorboi » #401442

I just want to preface this by saying that I admit I fucked up and that a ban was deserved but I don't feel like a permanent one was deserved.

Byond account and character name: BigPenorBoi / I don't remember, I change it often
Banning admin: citrusgender
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The Server
Ban reason and length: "Appearantly metacommed with someone on /tg/ discord to tell them to put a kill switch into their body that was 50 potassium and 50 water. Left during questioning."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-04-18 22:01:33 (I would assume GMT since that is where I live)
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Terry
Your side of the story: I was on discord with my friend, and we were both working in medical doing standard medical stuff, he was on viruses while I set up cryo, removed the cap's appendix and so on. I'm a fairly new player, I do everything by reading the wiki and listening to other people. He asked me to make him a dead man switch and told me how with a grenade and health sensor, since we were typically fairly close and in the same department I didn't think discord communication (which wasn't through the /tg/ discord) would be frowned upon since that was all we talked about. I didn't realise that was under rule 2 but I checked and it's in the precedents so fair enough. He asked for potassium and water pills so I gave him some then he just went suicide bomber. That's all there is to the story and I explained that to the admin.

I didn't intentionally leave during questioning, I went to bed since my character was done for anyway due to gravity singularity and the admin hadn't messaged me in 5 minutes or so. I assumed since he stopped responding and that I had explained everything I could just go since I was pretty tired.

Why you think you should be unbanned have the ban reduced a bit: Yeah I fucked up, potassium + water = explosions, my friend is a maniac, metacomms of all kinds are bad, admins being silent doesn't mean they are finished.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Re: [citrusgender] BigPenorBoi - Misunderstanding over situation

Post by Alipheese » #401519

Metacommunication is a heavy handed punishment. It is a major rule break due to getting information you shouldnt have and will possibly ruin the round instantly.

The best* course of action when you are unsure if an admin is done is to message them and say you are getting off. Even if its done or youre not sure. It lets admins know that you arent just dipping during possible further investigation.

Youll be lucky to get this reduced to any non perma duration. But if so id see it being a 6month ban or less if you get extremely lucky.

I suggest fully reading our rules and making sure you understand them before even being unbanned as it will show you understand what you did wrong and how you will not make the same kind of mistakes as before.
bigpenorboi

Post by bigpenorboi » #401766

I read the rules it's just super hard to remember everything, I try but with that many precedents it's pretty hard to remember all of them for every rule. The whole meta comm thing I understand since you can theoretically blow an antag's cover but in our case it was just to tell me what to do when we are pretty much always next to each other, I know that admins don't know that and I understand now. Either way I'd be happy with a 6 month to be honest, since I prefer the /tg/ code and I have a huge disdain for Yogstation admin so something's better than nothing.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #401799

bigpenorboi wrote: I know that admins don't know that and I understand now.
To clarify, even if the admins did know that was your purpose it still would not be appropriate.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #401902

Hi there, do you understand why Metacomming is bad?
bigpenorboi

Post by bigpenorboi » #401915

Yeah, you can spoil the round by saying who is a traitor and giving info and things. Just curious how you suggest getting advice from another player conveniently?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #401919

bigpenorboi wrote:Yeah, you can spoil the round by saying who is a traitor and giving info and things. Just curious how you suggest getting advice from another player conveniently?
Ask it icly or smash that ahelp button for questions you might have.
bigpenorboi

Post by bigpenorboi » #401990

Dax Dupont wrote:
bigpenorboi wrote:Yeah, you can spoil the round by saying who is a traitor and giving info and things. Just curious how you suggest getting advice from another player conveniently?
Ask it icly or smash that ahelp button for questions you might have.
If I ever get unbanned admins better get ready for some hard ahelp spam as I spend 5 minutes trying to put someone in cryo until remembering it's click drag.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #402000

I don't know why we're running him through this. He obviously understands why this is wrong, we should just hurry up and give him a second chance already.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #402038

Armhulen wrote:I don't know why we're running him through this. He obviously understands why this is wrong, we should just hurry up and give him a second chance already.
Sorry, I was asleep.

Yeah, I suppose the ban has run a long enough course so far. Though uh, I was a little bit concerned about the creation of a bomb with your buddy. Still, as long as you understand what you did was wrong and do not do it again, you will be fine.

Additionally, please refrain from leaving the game while a head role in the future, especially while being questioned.

You're unbanned, please do not metagame ever again.